Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
http://andygkaufmanworld.blogspot.com/
http://andygkaufmanworld.blogspot.com/
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2009 5:40pm
by agk2ever
s
slim
Is it Over?
It it all over?
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2007 4:02pm
by slim
s
Sara
So what's happening?
Where did everyone go?
Views: 429   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 3, 2007 6:00pm
by Sara
j
J.
Andy Kaufman Lives
22 years ago, Andy Kaufman, costar of the hit ABC comedy series "Taxi" was diagnosed with Large Cell Carcinoma - one of most deadliest forms of lung cancer known to man. Kaufman, ever-optimistic, was determined to annihilate the ungodly disease that was mercilessl...
Views: 3229   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 21, 2007 10:34pm
by Jack
22 years...
I still believe...
Views: 327   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 2:13am
by d
j
john
Borat!
Loved him on Da Ali G Show, Borat's new movie is getting insanely positive reviews. Funniest movie ever? "Conceptually brilliant and fearlessly executed, it rewrites the rules of screen comedy, presenting something never before seen on film: a gene-splice of Andy...
Views: 376   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 13, 2006 4:51pm
by The WildCard
j
john
Andy Kaufman, A.K.A...
Johnny Dark? Another alter-ego? The World's Oldest Intern?
Views: 511   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 1, 2006 8:25am
by john
message to the chicken and waffles
I am the Ghost of Christmas Future and I say, look into your futures!! And be happy. love, me
Views: 482   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 18, 2006 8:25pm
by Sara
Rob....
Thank you Rob. Your hijinks along with Jenny's were quite amusing at one point. Winston P. Dingle Berry (or whatever the hell his name was) was never entertaining or likeable or even funny. What's even funnier is your fake collaberation with www.andykaufmanlives.com....
Views: 380   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 10:04am
by Sara's fingers h...
Laughing Yogi: Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJKsbma10-A&search=Laughing%20Yogi
Views: 382   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 1:39pm
by Will White
j
jana
thanks
Thanks you guys, for all your kind words and thoughts. It's been a rough couple of weeks and it's nice to know that though we've never "met" that there are people who care. To be more accurate, my dad's cancer had spread to his liver, gallbladder, pancreas, and ey...
Views: 355   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2006 10:49pm
by Will White
j
john
Andy's favorite author
"I've never wanted to just tell a story. I wanted to put the reader through an emotional experience." - Hubert Selby, Jr.
Views: 430   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2006 8:30pm
by john
j
jana
Olly Olly oxen free!
i noticed that all of the old email addresses i have for various "players" are now defunct. WHAT HAPPENED TO KMART?!? ;) I miss his pervy poems. (ok, not really, but it was a nice distraction.)
Views: 222   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 2, 2006 10:19pm
by Will White
j
jana
hey
i don't know whether to find this disturbingly coincidental or to laugh. i've been following andy for so long...and my dad died from complications of lung cancer on tuesday. very quickly, and very fast. we only found out he had cancer on monday. he had not been sick...
Views: 386   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 29, 2006 5:59pm
by Ricky
r
Ricky
The Book of Stephen - found a passage
And Stephen, being light of heart and full of joy, did take bus to the city known as Toronto, which was known in these times as "Bizzaro Land", for there was to be a show of Raw, and he was wont to attend. And upon arrival into the strange land, Stephen did witnes...
Views: 205   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 28, 2006 9:23pm
by Savo
j
j
Randi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sxMGxz6-oTs&search=andy%20kaufman
Views: 398   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 30, 2006 11:39pm
by j
Death
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2006 11:00pm
by kayfabe
m
MM(BD)
indiana
i just bought my ticket!
Views: 412   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 11, 2006 6:38pm
by Sara
r
Rob
Mistaken for Andy
For no special reason, I just happened to remember one time when I was mistaken for Andy. No, not THAT Andy, but AN Andy nonetheless. It was around 1973, about a year before I would have even heard of Andy Kaufman. I had just gotten a bike I had wanted and mostl...
Views: 396   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 21, 2006 11:13pm
by Sara
hey
anyone wanna call Maddox tonight on a conference call?
Views: 351   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 19, 2006 7:32am
by Enriclaire
j
jana
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Have a cerveza and enjoy! :) - j
Views: 245   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 15, 2006 2:47am
by Rob
Does anyone even care anymore?
Here's the deal. I am seriously ANNOYED!!! Ive been following this stuff for a while, and basically its come down to the sad realization that NOBODY CARES! Claire and co have jerked everyone around so much that its not fun or exciting anymore. I mean yeah, I'd li...
Views: 273   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 14, 2006 1:37pm
by jana
Another Piece to the Puzzle
I don't usually post anything. I read this forum and the Enrique one, but that forum has nothing to do with Andy Kaufman, and has everything to do with personal jokes and harrassment. So I will bring up this topic here, seeing as I was surprised to see that no one el...
Views: 190   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 13, 2006 6:45am
by Tupelo
m
MM(BD)
huh?
wha?
Views: 164   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 28, 2006 3:57pm
by jana
Credit where Credit is Due.
The choice to change Book of Stephen to 'Book of illusion' seems to be a clever one after reading the synopsis of Paul Auster's "Book of Illusions." Doesn't mean anything, Doesn't change anything. Except I think I have to add Auster's novel to my list of things to do.
Views: 209   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 6:29pm
by kayfabe
m
MM(BD)
Some Info
Unknown domain: 66.218.79.177 [DOMAIN whois information for WWW.ANDYKAUFMANLIVES.COM ] Domain Name: ANDYKAUFMANLIVES.COM Namespace: ICANN Unsponsored Generic TLD - http://www.icann.org TLD Info: See IANA Whois - http://www.iana.org/root-whois/com.htm...
Views: 434   Replies: 20
Last Post: Apr 22, 2006 5:14pm
by Iggy
High FIVES to jana
Move over Andy Kaufman, and step aside Alan Able... We pulled a fast one! Just wanted to publicly extend my thanks to jana! I owe you one! NO! I owe you TWO!
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 21, 2006 1:14pm
by jana
r
Rob
The Legend of Andy Kaufman
Note: This is simultaneously being posted in Claire's forum as well. Let's see if it stays! Subject: The Legend of Andy Kaufman Date: 4/18/2006 3:59:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time From: Raaawb Reply To: To: Enrique@andykaufmanlives.com Dear Enrique:...
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 21, 2006 9:45am
by john
j
jana
Happy Easter!
Happy Easter everyone...
Views: 160   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2006 8:33pm
by jana
Loneliness
I have always kept elements of myself at bay on this forum and on Claire's. Andy's inspiration has led us all to mistrust and doubt the characters we have all created. Characters without faces or back-stories, just names. We fear the fate of Raaawb. There are creatur...
Views: 153   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 13, 2006 7:51pm
by jana
j
jana
Hey
just peeking in with a little hello.... hope everyone is well...
Views: 171   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 13, 2006 7:53pm
by jana
m
MM
okay- i'll bite.
Do you think KING is a reference to Larry King?
Views: 202   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 1, 2006 8:43am
by Sara
the story so far
There are 3 people in our story today, kiddies. Person A is a bored, lonely housewife in Indiana who, though meaning well, is a complete obsessive wanna be genius. She likes Andy Kaufman because he is what she could never be. Person B is a mean-spirited loser...
Views: 184   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 28, 2006 5:24pm
by Peter Bernard
r
Rob
Forced perspective indeed!
From the works of Julian Beever, which can be seen at: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever Look at his gallery... some rather amazing 3D illusions via chalk drawings on pavement. Same picture from a different angle: Another cool one, probably one of his...
Views: 236   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 25, 2006 4:51pm
by cc
m
MM
Views: 210   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 24, 2006 8:13pm
by Sara
m
MM
Hello!
Hello... hello... hello... hello... hello... hello... hello... hello... hello... hello... hello... hello...
Views: 181   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 23, 2006 8:39pm
by Sara
Views: 194   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 16, 2006 9:54am
by john
m
MM
Christo
I found this on a blog somewhere on the wacky world inter-web thingy. "Reading all this crappola about Kaufman, one of my childhood heroes, reminded me of the documentary Running Fence (1978) that I saw while attending the Savannah College of Art & Design on the c...
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 14, 2006 9:04am
by MM
r
Ricky
Zmuda...
Has anyone ever tried to contact Zmuda about this? THIS as in andykaufmanlives mystery. I've only been following for a little over a year...and to me, this book revealtion is pretty exciting. Did I miss anything pre early 2005 other than what I may have already re...
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2006 11:24am
by Ricky
For shame, Claire Chanel...For Shame!!!!
I have been banned from Claire´s Libelous Message Board for no other reason than to post this (the first post I have made in months): "Claire, stop your pathetic attempt at slandering Raaawb and let´s get back to talking about something really important:...
Views: 338   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 9, 2006 7:29pm
by Sara
z
Zak
Lynn's Ebay Store
This is unsolicited praise for Lynne Marguilles's Ebay store, and all the great Andy Kaufman memoribilia she has there. I just watched the DVD I purchased from her, The Kaufman Files, Vol. 1. Very exciting to see "new" footage of Andy, and it was all made by her an...
Views: 215   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 7, 2006 1:02am
by Lynne M.
j
Jerry
Hey. Check this story out.
http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/060222/literature/index.asp
Views: 249   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 7, 2006 12:39am
by Rob
z
Zak
Claire Chanel
I just started posting here, but has anyone ever noticed that Claire Chanel is kinda similar to Clear Channel, which is referenced on Andykaufmanlives.com?
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 6, 2006 9:31pm
by kayfabe
s
Sara
Happy late Valentines Day everyone!
Better late than ever.
Views: 171   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2006 5:11pm
by Sara
The Andy Kaufman IMDB board just gets weirder and weirder
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001412/board/nest/36439623 Obviously somebody is claiming to be Andy and L.M. on that board. Is it them? Who knows. It may be some kid f u c k ing with us, or it may, actually be the real people. Forgive me for typiong like an assh...
Views: 228   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 28, 2006 10:48pm
by ILIKETACOBELL
i
Iggy
Scientology
Long article, but interesting. http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9363363/inside_scientology
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 26, 2006 12:31pm
by Iggy
r
Rob
Good ol' Don
How sad to lose Don Knotts today. He may not have too much to do with Andy Kaufman, but some may recall a few years ago that Jim Carrey was heavily figured to reprise Don's role in "The Incredible Mr. Limpet," which is sorta too bad that it didn't happen, althou...
Views: 232   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 26, 2006 12:07pm
by Iggy
r
Ruby
the american dream
Check it out! Refugees won the lottery! http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060223/ts_afp/uspeoplelottery
Views: 165   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 25, 2006 10:52am
by Iggy
r
Ricky
COMING CLEAN
Hey guys. Check it out. Rob invited me here as a way to post and discuss things that may be deleted from Claires board. I dont frequent this much, and some of you may find this disapointing, but here's what happened... I went to Claires board one day, and made...
Views: 190   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 5:50pm
by Lynne Angle
j
Jerry
Me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/klankytaylor/P1010222.jpg **** it. This probaly won't work. I gotta another pic with my brother W. if he'll permit me to show it I'll post it.
Views: 211   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 5:13pm
by Iggy
j
Jerry
Post your pics
I wanna see what my new friends look like.
Views: 246   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 5:10pm
by Iggy
w
W.
Goodbye my faithful friends
For me, at least, this is always the worst month of the year. And this god**** year ain't no exception... Well you all, it's been fun on this forum; but sadly now I have to leave. There's an entire country out there, and perhaps somewhere out there I will find my p...
Views: 172   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 16, 2006 8:41pm
by Jason
w
W.
There's nothing up his sleeve
Does anybody think this Maddox character may actually be Andy? I think it's very possible; the guy's quite clever. Does anybody remember when he was asked if he was Andy Kaufman? He came back with that ambiguous reply something like "No sir. Absolutely not. He's...
Views: 161   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 15, 2006 5:08pm
by Sara
w
W
Has Nasdijj already been discussed?
http://www.laweekly.com/index.php?option=com_lawcontent&task=view&id=12468&Itemid=47
Views: 234   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 15, 2006 2:53pm
by W.
Views: 225   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 14, 2006 11:26pm
by W.
w
W.
Salvia
Has anybody ever tried this before? The buzz is supposed to be more potent than LSD, only this they say is shorter. It's legal in almost every state in America.
Views: 199   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 12, 2006 4:14pm
by W.
r
Rob
It's time to play the music....
Upcoming screenings at the Los Angeles Museum of Television and Radio (www.mtr.org)... guess why this is relevant? Celebrating Fifty Years of Jim Henson and the Muppets Weekend screenings extended to April 30, 2006 Saturdays and Sundays at 3:00 p.m. To ce...
Views: 190   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 9, 2006 8:41pm
by Iggy
IP Addy
Remember the good ole days? I feel like I did a bit back in the day waiting on reports from Vegas, from LA with the new puzzle piece. Remember the good ole days when we used to analyze IP Addresses to help us find some cracks in the little we knew? 12.205.1.200
Views: 188   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 7, 2006 4:55pm
by Sara
w
W.
Did anyone see this?
http://www.fastboards.com/boards/board.cgi?user=clairechanel&action=read&id=1139104816
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2006 11:22am
by W.
w
W.
Alcoholism
Yes. I'm a terrible Alcoholic. Possibly one of the worst of the face of God's green earth that's still breathing. I'm not proud of it--and I'm sure as hell not ashamed of it. My step-dada kicked me out last night and my mom was balling her ******* eyes out. I'm now...
Views: 208   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 5, 2006 10:53pm
by Dr. John
Heckler
Tonight while "performing" at a noisy bar's open mic night, a drunk heckler came up to stage, confused and angered by my performance and yelled "This is why Andy Kaufman is dead." It was one of the funniest things I've ever heard said.
Views: 164   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 5, 2006 1:21pm
by MM
s
Sara
To Claire/Enrique/Winston
on behalf of Scott
Views: 152   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 4, 2006 5:53pm
by Sara
r
Ricky
Claire or whoever...
I had two posts today on the CC board. The first, was explaining how Andy roams Route 66. DELETED. Then, I found a (fake, I think-I found it on a file sharing thingy) photo piece and made a YTMND out of it. DELETED. Whats the big deal you think?
Views: 165   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 4, 2006 5:46pm
by Sara
r
Ricky
"Julie Hastin-Ponciff"
does this name come up anymore?
Views: 303   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2006 4:14pm
by Ricky
Let's talk about "Truth"
If someone does not tell you the truth, does that make them a liar?
Views: 155   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2006 5:43pm
by Sara
w
W.
Country music's cool.
The old stuff: Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, Hank Willams. Slim Whitman's really cool too. Is he still alive? I thought he was. But according to IMDB, he's not.
Views: 178   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 29, 2006 9:25pm
by Iggy
w
W.
Andy's somebody on this board
I think it's quite obvious that Rob is Andy. I mean it fits.
Views: 206   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 28, 2006 9:58pm
by W.
D. Gentry
D. Gentry asks: "Reading your posts im sure I read that you had not spoken to Andrew for over a year? That you have not spoken to Robert Zmuda for over 20 years?" Enrique answers: "That is correct." If i've never ever spoken with either Andy Kauffman or...
Views: 150   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 28, 2006 4:13pm
by Sara
quarantined
Anyone else notice how the post which reprememnded claire for her poking fun at the murder, and the subsequent reply to that post mentioning this link were both deleted. Whattya think- we've be quarantined from them? Or they've been quarantined from us?
Views: 180   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 27, 2006 1:42pm
by Ruby
r
Rob
Happy Birthday Brigadiers!
Andy grew up with Howdy Doody, and I, being born about a decade later and living in the Los Angeles area, grew up with the local shows "The Winchell/Mahoney Show," with Paul Winchell and his puppet, Jerry Mahoney; and "Sheriff John's Lunch Brigade." I believe that,...
Views: 132   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 25, 2006 6:59pm
by Iggy
s
Sara
Views: 115   Replies: 31
Last Post: Jan 24, 2006 10:50am
by kmn
w
W.
Which show's better Beavis and Butt-head or South Park?
It say definitely Beavis And Butt-head; South Park is great, but there's just something about B+B that always make me laugh, even on my terrible days. They're just so dry and Low-brow. They need to bring that ******* show back. It was so cool when they'd watch those...
Views: 122   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 21, 2006 9:05am
by Iggy
r
Raaawb
A pain-in-the-ass enigma with no visible redeeming qualities
As always, looking for one thing, find another.... I've never seen this article before and found it pretty interesting, relating to the then-relatively-recent semi-flop of "Man on the Moon." I'm copying the article below, and it is available at hollywood.com:...
Views: 140   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 18, 2006 10:05am
by t
t
Tupelo
Claire's illustrated re-posts
In those re-posts of "the story thus far" from Claire, she seems to have illustrated them with symbolic images. None of them make any sense to me, except perhaps the one that accompanies my post about the signature card I was given. The image seems to imply that so...
Views: 181   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 18, 2006 7:10am
by Tupelo
r
Ruby
cowboy bob
I saw this on dateline a while back. cowboy bob
Views: 126   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2006 3:20pm
by Iggy
w
W.
Jim Henson
This guy was cool. I love "Muppet babies" and "The Dark Crystal." He even died the same day as Andy!
Views: 114   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2006 11:03am
by Ruby
Who is Jed and why does Steve Rocco represent him?
Here's the link. http://www.upthefan.gumbootpictures.co.uk/jedlines.htm And here is a picture from said link.
Views: 139   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2006 10:42am
by Iggy
r
Ruby
Andy in a box
Does anyone remember where to find the story of Andy on stage in a box, balancing his checkbook and paying bills? And audience members come up and peek in? I thought it was in Zmuda's book, but I can't find it.
Views: 127   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 16, 2006 1:46am
by Angelo Boobah
r
Rob
Joining the Sniglitia
Ay papi, it is slow in here these days, yah? So I will add this contribution. Or, contribute this addition. "Sniglets" are defined by their creator, Rich Hall (a contemporary of Andy, natch) as being "any word which is not in the dictionary, but should be." M...
Views: 182   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 15, 2006 12:18pm
by MM
i
Iggy
Movies
So what's the coolest movie anyone has seen lately?
Views: 91   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 15, 2006 10:39am
by Ruby
r
Ruby
spam?
Do you guys think we are supposed to be sort of "spreading the word"? I took the liberty of emailing a couple friends the link to claire's board. I thought maybe someone was trying to tell us something with the comment "I'll make sure to tell all my friends about you...
Views: 121   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 14, 2006 5:06am
by Rob
r
Rob
Part of photo revealed for 30 minutes on 12/25
Someone mentioned this on Claire's board, thought I'd mention it here, too. At the top of AKLives is a brief message: "A gift. For 30 minutes, sometime during 12/25/05, an additional portion of this photo will be revealed." Oddly, whoever posted the note there...
Views: 116   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 9, 2006 8:54pm
by Sara
w
W
Smoking
Now I'm pondering over whether I should smoke this ciagarette my sister gave me or not. I've stopped smoking for almost two years now but I still miss it from time to time.
Views: 110   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 9, 2006 7:22pm
by NobodySpecial
s
Sara
Views: 98   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 7, 2006 10:25pm
by Sara
l
levi
Cache
Has anyone else seen Michael Haneke's "Cache" ("Hidden")? Holy crap. I would love to talk to someone else who's seen it. Highly recommended for fans of Kaufman's particular brand of shifting realitites and nimble subversion. Happy new year, one and all!
Views: 114   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 6, 2006 2:00pm
by levi
r
Rob
Schia later
Today my stepmother told me she'd heard a "comedian" had just passed away... and that she thought he was someone who was on Taxi. Oddly, she was conjuring up the "Reverend Jim" character in her mind, but she was more or less right about this being someone from Taxi....
Views: 113   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 4, 2006 2:41pm
by W.
r
Raaawb
Fun with the Smileys
Is Andy coming home yet??? Balboa, Balboa, Balboa, Balboa.... My post was DELETED? Looks like someone didn't get his Krispy Kreme yet.... I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle... as we go rollin' merrily along I got a new Andy toaster cosy...
Views: 124   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 28, 2005 11:16pm
by Ruby
The Death of Common Sense, The Immortality of Crackpot Theories
Before going to bed yesterday, I read a few chapters of Andy Kaufman Revealed. For some reason the line "Zmuda, the case!" had popped into my head and so I had to revisit that world for a little while. Perhaps predictably, I woke up today with Kaufman on the brain. I...
Views: 139   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 27, 2005 1:32pm
by Mr. McGee
r
Rob
Chappelle
Now THIS is sorta interesting. Takes a little while to get through it all, but it's worth it. Who knows how much of it, if any at all, is true... but it appears that this story is the basis for an upcoming film. Relevance to "here"... supposedly Whoopi Goldberg...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2005 2:56am
by Rob
r
Rob
Christmas Carols!
Back by popular demand! Just in time for caroling with your neighbors! Remember to wear your mittens! Okay? Okay! Eveybuddy seeng! ANDY THE KAUFMAN Andy the Kaufman, Was a jolly, happy soul, With the Mighty Mouse and the Foreign Man, And an Elvis in his fold...
Views: 122   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 19, 2005 8:10pm
by Sara
w
W
Walk the line
Go see it. It's alot of fun. My only complaint was the actor SUCKED who played Elvis. Otherwise the acting was great.
Views: 86   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 17, 2005 11:27am
by Ruby
w
W
RIP Richard Pryor
This sucks.
Views: 88   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 12, 2005 9:07am
by Iggy
r
Rob
Lennony Snippets
As we just passed the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's death on December 8th, and because it's fairly slow in here, I thought I'd share something I recently blogged regarding that subject with y'all. I'm betting that somehow, Andy fans might also find a kinship wit...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2005 6:45pm
by Rob
r
Raaawb
Charles Rocket and SNL '80-'81
Since we like to discuss various celebrity deaths here sometimes, the recent passing of Charles Rocket was of interest to me, as one who has found some fascination with the Saturday Night Live 1980-1981 season. That was the year when practically the entire production...
Views: 114   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 30, 2005 12:03pm
by Raaawb
j
Jana
Hedwig
If you're in NYC this weekend, come out to the IFC Waverly Center. I'm organizing screenings of Hedwig with John Cameron Mitchell...lots of goodies. It's midnight Friday and Saturday night. Yes, I'm gonna be there. So, Andy, that means you better be there to...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 28, 2005 8:15pm
by Jana
r
Ruby
"For You, Half Price"
By all accounts, the bulk of the suckers were greenhorns, fresh off the boat. Swindlers used to approach the stewards of international vessels docked at Ellis Island and pay them for information about passengers who might have money and be interested in buying pr...
Views: 123   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 27, 2005 11:45am
by Raaawb
w
W
Call Tom Green
Here's Tom's actual phone number: 1-310-717-1919
Views: 126   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 24, 2005 8:58pm
by W
t
Tupelo
Winston
Not sure if this was alread discussed, but I was reading through the backlog of posts on here and linked over to the "I Am West Hear Me Roar" blog mentioned by McGee. I noticed this comment from Winston that mentions an April 1st, 2006 meet at the WWE Hall of Fame i...
Views: 139   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 17, 2005 1:47pm
by Raaawb
space
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=11658309&Mytoken=3C10D21B-01A9-47E6-8391AED0002ECA45493261406
Views: 139   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 16, 2005 7:12am
by Mr. McGee
Two-pack
In a slightly interesting note, brought to my attention by a friend of mine who is a big fan of Rap, and knows my fascination, because of Andy, of faked-death conspiracies and theories, apparently Congress is trying to pass an act that would disclose all information...
Views: 110   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 15, 2005 8:26pm
by kayfabe
r
Raaawb
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2005 8:48pm
by Raaawb
j
Jana
Message....
I got it. Waiting to hear further. (PS. Sorry I've been gone for so long! My job is hectic...but I'm still here....somewhere...:P )
Views: 123   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2005 1:01pm
by Jana
r
Raaawb
"A strange encounter...."
This is my strange encounter with a message board post on the IMDB... though it is a message someone else made to relate their own strange encounter. Very much like some other types of old message board posts we've seen... elsewhere.... --------------------------...
Views: 797   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 7, 2005 12:20am
by Raaawb
r
Ruby
see ya
Hey, look at that. The NY Times is my home page and guess who is on the front page.
Views: 118   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 5, 2005 7:24pm
by W
r
Raaawb
And in honor of the 1984th post....
I went looking for something interesting, so maybe this will do.... First, I found this brief mention on http://www.disinfotainmenttoday.com/issue94.htm: "Everything Else It's almost the 20th anniversary of Andy Kaufman's death, so it's appropriate to visit...
Views: 125   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 3, 2005 7:48pm
by Sara
r
Raaawb
And in honor of Halloween....
I present to you... Mister Gandhi Kaufman!
Views: 131   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 3, 2005 7:31pm
by Iggy
r
Raaawb
Kaufman 'n' Carrey
Sorta interesting: http://www.stariq.com/pagetemplate/article.asp?pageid=402
Views: 147   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 3, 2005 7:29pm
by Iggy
s
Sara
Views: 122   Replies: 32
Last Post: Nov 1, 2005 10:54pm
by t
r
Raaawb
Something interesting to do
Was just looking up info on interesting ways to search on Google, and came upon this. When you go to Google, type in: info:andykaufmanlives.com This kind of result will appear: Google can show you the following information for this URL: Show Google's cache...
Views: 117   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2005 3:50pm
by ruby
r
Raaawb
And in honor of the 1974th post....
Since 1974 was Andy's first national television appearance, I went looking for something which mentions it... a relatively little-known spot on a summer replacement series known as "Dean Martin's Comedy World" in June of that year. The hosts of the show included Bar...
Views: 133   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 31, 2005 5:46pm
by Raaawb
w
W
Norman Wexler
Does anybody have a pic of him? I'd like to see him.
Views: 123   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 31, 2005 10:30am
by ruby
robocop
This was/is a great movie. Don't let anyone tell you that robocop 2 was better because they're full of crap. Murphy's death scene was so hardcore. **** it, why wasn't Robocop 2 as good?! And why wasn't Peter Weller cast in R3? The world may never know. I am hurt. T...
Views: 123   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2005 1:05am
by Raaawb
r
Raaawb
Film about Jerry Lawler
It will be called, "Man on the Man on the Moon." ....hellloooo? Is this thing on?....
Views: 103   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 24, 2005 5:49pm
by W
may be this guy can help...
http://www.blogger.com/profile/11891898
Views: 124   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 20, 2005 6:56pm
by Iggy
r
ruby
something kind of funny entering the national consciousness maybe?
I was watching TV on Friday and I happened to see the last few minutes of a sitcom, but I missed the name of it. There were two skinny blonde women who were supposed to be sisters, and they were arguing in front of a crew of reporters. One of the women said to the ot...
Views: 107   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 19, 2005 11:28am
by Raaawb
The Number 23
"Director Joel Schumacher has signed on and Jim Carrey is in talks to join psychological thriller "The Number 23" for New Line Cinema reports today's trades. The script, written by Fernley Phillips, follows a man who becomes obsessed and haunted upon reading a boo...
Views: 122   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 18, 2005 9:58am
by Mr. McGee
r
ruby
musical review
The Cliftons
Views: 117   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 15, 2005 2:41pm
by Iggy
Goats on Network54
THE LONELY GOAT HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Gayle Schlobodnick Posted on Jan 5, 2000, 2:43 PM HIGH ON A HILL WAS A LONELY GOAT HERD , LAYDEEODLEAYDEEODLEAY HEE HOO! HIGH ON A HILL WAS A LONELY GOAT HERD, LAYDEEODLEAYDEEODLEOOO...
Views: 127   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 15, 2005 11:12am
by Sara
Velvet Goldmine
It begins with one of the strangest opening sequences of recent years, when a UFO descends upon 1854 Dublin and leaves a newborn baby on the doorstep of Mr and Mrs Wilde. The baby is wearing a green brooch, which will be passed from character to character during the...
Views: 87   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 15, 2005 10:12am
by Iggy
Views: 120   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 11, 2005 12:45am
by Jim Newberry
l
levi
r.i.p. nipsey russell
Beyond Andy, probably the greatest performance artist of all time. "Beauty's only skin-deep But ugly's clear to the bone. Beauty often fades away, But ugly holds its' own." Says it all.
Views: 118   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 5, 2005 8:46pm
by Raaawb
r
ruby
rorschach
I think I see Andy, Einstein, and Will Ferrell as Anchorman (burgandy jacket) in this photo.
Views: 158   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 5, 2005 6:20pm
by Sara
INT. JERRYS
INT. JERRY'S DELI - NIGHT A delicatessen. Andy wears an apron and angrily cleans tables. He stacks dirty dishes and wipes up the food. Two BLUE COLLAR GUYS gesture from a booth. BLUE COLLAR GUY 1 Excuse me, could I please have more coffee? ANDY...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2005 12:09pm
by Mr. McGee
r
Raaawb
The Aristocrats and Andy
Thought I'd take a peek around and see if the recent semi-documentary film "The Aristocrats" had managed to invoke, or evoke, the name of Andy Kaufman. So I found this message board post which I found mildly interesting and worth sharing. Anyone with any other in...
Views: 127   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2005 7:48pm
by Sara
I knew it was Michael Moore!
http://happyrobot.com/words/honkycracker.asp?r=4426
Views: 117   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2005 1:24pm
by Raaawb
r
Raaawb
Would you believe.... R.I.P. Don Adams
Actually, it is hard to believe, and it seems horribly unfair that we should lose both Gilligan AND Maxwell Smart in such a short period of time. It was just reported that Don died late Sunday... don't tell me it was a lung infection? I asked you not to tell me t...
Views: 276   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 27, 2005 10:11pm
by W
John Doe
From "I have died and gone to heaven. Not really. Thanks, Lynne!!!!!!!!!!!" fame... ever notice on Enriques page how this John Doe's feedback for the Lynne item is dated May-16-84? Maybe it's old news, but I just noticed it.
Views: 127   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 26, 2005 7:23pm
by Raaawb
w
W
Fun game!
http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-107.htm
Views: 117   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2005 7:28pm
by W
Benjy Bronk?
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:Hxr_ljGXlRYJ:www.voy.com/9284/+%22andy+kaufman+impersonator%22&hl=en
Views: 136   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 24, 2005 9:37am
by S
r
Roy
Does Sara have legs?
Hey Sara, I noticed you have used pictures of muppet type puppets a few times. Are some sort of muppet? What's the deal with those puppets?
Views: 109   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 23, 2005 11:14am
by ruby
w
W
Google
I search Tony on google and got this pic: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thealiceproject.com/seamus_tony_clifton_opt.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.majorityreportradio.com/weblog/archives/000990.php&h=1536&w=1024&sz=49&tbnid=TEbb0BcH4lUJ:&tbnh=150&tbnw=...
Views: 126   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 23, 2005 9:47am
by Sara
i
Iggy
Puzzling Evidence
I once posited a theory on how one might fake their death merely as a way to get people to explore the possibility. In reality I know andy did not fake his death. It is not my place to share how he did it. Not at this time.
Views: 117   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 21, 2005 12:04pm
by Sara
w
W
Warren Beatty for governor!
Hell yes, I loved "Heaven Can Wait." http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/0522beatty.html
Last Post: Sep 20, 2005 7:52pm
by W
RAW on AK's Return
Posted when the blog came about. "Robert Anton Wilson's thought of the month sums this situation up pretty nicely: This may not seem startling to gamers, but it sure woke me up; I learned about it on Law and Order last Sunday. A type of program called a"bot...
Views: 112   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2005 11:32am
by Mr. McGee
I need to to retire to an island.
"To thine own self be true..." Thus speaketh Mr. Howell with a fake beard.
Views: 193   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 18, 2005 10:05pm
by Sara
w
W.
Blog
www.georgewbushisgod.com
Views: 110   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2005 9:33pm
by Sara
w
W.
Bob Denver dead
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=200713>1=6955
Views: 81   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 9:56pm
by Iggy
remember when?
The board was fun? 5:31:99 ?? ?
Views: 111   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 7:56pm
by Sara
r
Roy
Ahead of schedule
All right you lunatics, I'm out. When I say Ok, you say ok, ok
Views: 106   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 7:50pm
by Sara
Dick Dastardly?
Why is it that when you do a google image search using the words, "andy kaufman" and aruba, Dick Dastardly's mug comes up? By the way- i'm still here.
Views: 113   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 2:49pm
by Raaawb
Roy
i think i might be with you...
Views: 122   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2005 8:19pm
by Mr McGee
i
Iggy
Sept. 10
I have a better alternative to not purchasing gas on Sept. 10. I say just don't buy Suidi gas. Most of the big US companies purchase a very large portion of their gas from Middle East countries. Most specificly Sauidi Arabia. We know that Suidi oil money supports...
Views: 98   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 11, 2005 8:15pm
by Mr McGee
Hard Copy story?
Browsing the old network54 forum and found this... ********************************** Anyone have access to the Hard Copy story? by Joseph There was supposedly a story on Hard Copy a few years ago claiming that Andy Kaufman was living on a tropical island a...
Views: 118   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 10, 2005 3:11pm
by Roy
w
W.
Riders on the storm show
Saw what's left of the doors last night. Pretty good show. It would be better with Jim of course but what the hell.
Views: 115   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 4, 2005 6:20pm
by Iggy
Put some pennies on the needle (and his eyes)
Well, they've anounced tonight's Letterman guests. There's only one washed up B celebrity on the bil, and it ain't Kaufman. I know Mad About You sucks, but at least Paul Reiser is still alive. I was hopeful when I saw "bat boy," thinking it was World Weekly News' mys...
Views: 126   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 3, 2005 7:03am
by Rose Marie
j
Jana
Piano Man
Did you guys see where the "Piano Man" in England was identified? He's a 20 year old German guy. He's still not talking, but apparently his family identified him and he's going back to Germany to be under psychiatric care.
Last Post: Sep 1, 2005 7:59am
by Jana
grasping at straws now?
cut the crap enrique >>>And they’re part of the mystery, that began on a summer day 36 years ago. John never came home On July 1, 1969 in Ashley, Indiana, 3-year-old Gary, his mother, and little sister were waiting for a telephone call and a voice on...
Views: 122   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 31, 2005 8:13pm
by Sara
r
Roy
The Fuzz
I went out and bought an antenna. I still can't get Letterman to tune in. Will someone who's watching please post when NOTHING HAPPENS. Thanks
Views: 123   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 31, 2005 1:02am
by Raaawb
Dazed and Confused
Okay. I'm giving it one more day and then... THAT'S IT! http://www.andykaufmanlives.com/akc
Views: 123   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 30, 2005 7:49pm
by Sara
Batman
I didn't see the movie, but I heard a review and a brief bit on NPR a while ago. This part always stuck with me: "...as a man, I am fallible; but as a legend..."
Views: 72   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2005 7:55pm
by the mouse that s...
m
Mrs W.
Why would any writer risk their life? (Nothing to do with Kaufman)
These are pretty intresting articles. If you're bored check them out: http://www.nytimes.com/ref/international/middleeast/macur-iraq-journal.html?8dpc
Views: 100   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 28, 2005 10:58am
by Mrs W.
M-I-C-
Is this the K-E-Y-? (Check out his shirt)
Views: 105   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 27, 2005 11:20pm
by Sara
m
MRS_W
W!
You're never nice to me. You never take me out anymore. how come u never call me beautiful anymore?
Views: 104   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 27, 2005 11:13pm
by Sara
Rance.
Could Rance be "Claire" be "Keith Thomson?" http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/rance/
Views: 109   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 26, 2005 2:03pm
by levi
endurance
The most stirring moments come when one person's hour ends in the video and another's begins. The frenetic pace of the film slows as a new person enters with measured steps from the side and lines up face forward behind the person already there: a bulky man behind a...
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2005 7:19pm
by the mouse that g...
Hey Tupelo
Just cruising through the old "enrigue" board and noticed two questions contributed by you. What does the "not that innocent" part mean? Also, what does the "Who used to work the late shift and conducted his business from a payphone at Graceland" mean? *******...
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2005 1:51pm
by Mr. McGee
3 endings?
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=3581 "EXTREME SPOILERS having to do with MAN ON THE MOON! Regarding the possible multiple endings! Stay Away! Alrighty... Harry Here, and I just want to WARN you that this post has to deal with an interesting but HEAVILY...
Views: 108   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 24, 2005 12:24pm
by Raaawb
Rab?
http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=legends;action=display;num=1080215308
Views: 132   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 22, 2005 6:31pm
by Sara
r
Roy
Sing us a scam you're the Piano Man.
He spoke, then went "home" to Germany. Sounds fishy to me.
Views: 116   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2005 5:11pm
by Roy
w
W
launch Gonzo!
DENVER - Firework shells carrying the sealed ashes of “gonzo” journalist Hunter S. Thompson arrived in an armored truck at his mountain home as final preparations were being made for his star-studded farewell. The shells were scheduled to be launched S...
Views: 100   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 22, 2005 4:33pm
by W
r
Ruby
for you people who like anagrams
Artificial Intelligence By MIKE MORTON and SABRA MORTON Published: August 18, 2005 WHEN we hear grumbling coming from the depths of our computer, we know that Ars Magna, the software program that always answers in anagrams, is awake and worrying. This s...
Views: 94   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 21, 2005 9:05pm
by Sara
r
Ruby
for you new yorkers out there
I don't know anything more than this... but if I was in nyc, I'd go. I saw this on some guy's website. The sketch comedy troupe I am in, Party Hall For Rent, will be hitting the stage next Saturday in New York City for the first time. We've been writing and rehe...
Views: 83   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 21, 2005 4:25pm
by Jana
r
Raaawb
The Hillbilly Cat
A friend shared this with me.... http://www.themikedouglasshow.com/video/a-kaufman_LAN.asf It's only 32-seconds long... but you get to see Mike Douglas and Robert Goulet clapping along. (And, according to my friend, an Elvis expert, Elvis hated Goulet.)
Views: 97   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 20, 2005 1:08pm
by Jenny
r
Ruby
Hey
I just did a google search for Andy Kaufman, and Enrique's page didn't come up at all.
Views: 103   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 17, 2005 12:15pm
by W
r
Ruby
Views: 99   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 17, 2005 11:06am
by Raaawb
w
W
Rob Schnieder was a European Gigolo and now he's
The carrot! And he's about to find out being a carrot aint' as easy as it seems! The carrot! RATED PG-13
Views: 92   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 16, 2005 9:48pm
by W
r
Roy
Book
Did anyone read that academic book about AK? Is it even available?
Views: 111   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 14, 2005 7:19pm
by Sara
r
Ruby
censorship
I can't do google image searches at the public library!! This is crazy!!
Views: 110   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 12, 2005 1:47pm
by Ruby
Key?
"As the URL suggests this site is for the express purpose of discussing the fact that Andy Kaufman did not fake his death or die on May 16, 1984. Although the name of the site implies that I believe Andy Kaufman is alive, that is not necessarily true. Is this a ro...
Views: 108   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 11, 2005 7:48pm
by Mr McGee
r
Roy
update
Q: "What is the significance of the date 8/30/05?" A: "It is a very significant span of time that will exist only once never to be repeated. It is a span of time in which the universe and everything in it will be changed in an incalculable number of ways forever."...
Views: 100   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 11, 2005 7:25pm
by Iggy
Sad
"WHITE PLAINS, New York -- Christopher Reeve's widow announced yesterday that she's facing a battle with lung cancer and is looking to her husband "as the ultimate example of defying the odds with strength, courage and hope." "I hope before too long to be sharing...
Views: 98   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2005 5:43pm
by Raaawb
God's Angry Man
I just saw God's Angry Man- a very interesting documentary on Dr. Gene Scott. These are two guys who liked to sing.
Views: 116   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2005 1:07pm
by Jana
Isn't this where "Claire" lives?
http://fishersfind.com/news/current/01-04-05_fire.htm
Views: 99   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 10, 2005 11:45am
by Jana
No Subject
http://www.rockass.net/notcomedy/2003/05/andy-kaufman-is-not-dead.html
Views: 99   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 8, 2005 7:03pm
by Mr McGee
w
W
Who's Tony Clifton is better?
I think I would go with AK. He did a very good job on "the fantastic miss Piggy show" Jim Carrey's TC is pretty different than Bob's and Andy's in my opinion. I even found Jim's the most abnoxious (And at some times the funniest) TONY: Somebody's wearin' alot of pe...
Views: 103   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2005 2:11pm
by Raaawb
Views: 95   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 7, 2005 2:02pm
by Raaawb
r
Robble
Return?
I could use some cheering up... So why not a blind, optomistic what if... If Andy did return... How do you see it happening? I'm still a huge wrestling fan. For reasons I'd be happy to get into... But I always had this strange feeling Andy wouuld return to the...
Views: 93   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 5, 2005 9:13pm
by Sara
i
Iggy
Big Brother
Is watching.
Views: 88   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 5, 2005 5:27pm
by W
Views: 106   Replies: 25
Last Post: Aug 5, 2005 2:47pm
by Iggy
j
Jenny
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday dear Jana Happy Birthday to you! Hope you're having a great day and all your birthday wishes come true!!
Views: 103   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 4, 2005 6:55pm
by Sara
i
Iggy
Syrup on her chicken?
From Claire "eggo.com is not the waffles."
Views: 85   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 3, 2005 10:02am
by W
PURPLE 23.
"Don't forget that." -Kramer
Views: 125   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 5:40pm
by Ruby
j
Jenny
Views: 109   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 5:35pm
by Ruby
George W. Bush is Andy Kaufman
"George W. Bush is Andy Kaufman" — Theorized by Various Bitter Democrats "Although the "Andy Kaufman isn’t dead" theory lost favor in the early part of the last decade, there never has been conclusive evidence that he is, in fact, dead. Bush’s po...
Views: 95   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 2:25pm
by Iggy
Another Friend? or the same one?
"Andy became very irritable. His diet was basically a starvation diet so he could lose weight fast. He then shaved his head knowing full well people would think it was chemo or radiation that caused it". - A Friend
Views: 111   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 1:10pm
by Iggy
j
Jana
Next week
Next Wednesday, on my birthday (oh the horror!!!) I think Stephen Maddox should call me and wish me a wonderful day and Friend's Nathan should send me a card with a photo. A girl should always have big dreams, huh? :P LOL
Last Post: Aug 1, 2005 8:32pm
by Sara
Captain Maddox
...is the name of the pilot of the jet that indirectly leads the Seinfeld Gang to their ultimate doom.
Views: 138   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 30, 2005 4:33pm
by W
r
Ruby
post-post modernism or ...nonmodernism?
My professor gave me a couple of articles to read recently and I just started the first one; it's called "Why Has Critique Run Out of Steam?" by Bruno Latour. Ya gotta love a guy with a name like Bruno Latour. Anyway I am only on page two and already I had to jump ou...
Views: 101   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 29, 2005 8:55pm
by Sara
f
friend
Nathan
Hey you guys, just wanted to check in one last time, I thought you might be wondering what's going on. Well, Nathan found out about my little escapades, and while he wasn't too happy about it, he did think it was kind of funny. But anyway, I promised him that I woul...
Views: 108   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 29, 2005 7:56pm
by Sara
It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's...
trivial filler... Found this on a page about superman trivia. "THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL -- Through the years several people have asked about the rumor that George Reeves has a part in The Day The Earth Stood Still as a newspaper reporter. It seems that on...
Views: 94   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 29, 2005 9:53am
by Mr. McGee
If I had a million dollars...
If I had a million dollars... I'm sure Claire would fess up to her Canadian/BareNekkidLadies connection!
Views: 104   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 28, 2005 8:01pm
by Mr McGee
r
Roy
The Mod Squade wasn't the same with only two. please help find Link.
Does anyone have the url for the network54 forum? I can't seem to google it up anymore. Thanks
Views: 99   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 28, 2005 6:47pm
by Sara
Re: Son dont force your will on everyone
Uh sewer dew mrs. of oh! Water bout ewww guise?
Views: 65   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2005 11:10pm
by It's me
Googer
Has anyone here posted as Googer? In their "challenge" to Maddox, they offer a very concise summary of events thus far- a summary that could be very helpful in keeping new posters on that board interested, as well as keeping the "show" moving along. In other wo...
Views: 107   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 27, 2005 8:31pm
by Sara
Desperate for Attention Milkbox Kid
http://bolognaloafers.blogspot.com/
Views: 105   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 27, 2005 5:54pm
by Iggy
I meant to post it here...
8/31/05... Any speculation?
Views: 94   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 26, 2005 7:02pm
by Sara
r
Raaawb
Life again
Well, it's slowed down a bit lately... I'm supposing "life" is interfering with everyone's interest in the message boards. I know it has over here. So since it is slow, I thought I'd share this as marginally relevant.... My grandmother passed away last Sunday...
Views: 88   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 25, 2005 5:06pm
by Iggy
r
Ruby
Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.
Please be kind and tell me your thoughts. I am having difficulty making up my mind. I am all excited because the box office for the new opera season is open. Plus one of the shows this year is one of my all time favorites, that I've loved since high school and nev...
Views: 103   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 22, 2005 7:22am
by Jenny
r
Ruby
In This Corner, in the Flouncy Skirt and Bowler Hat...
By JUAN FORERO Published: July 21, 2005 EL ALTO, Bolivia - In her red multilayered skirt, white pumps and gold-laced shawl, the traditional dress of the Aymara people, Ana Polonia Choque might well be preparing for a night of folk dancing or, perhaps, a religious f...
Views: 95   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 21, 2005 9:57pm
by Ruby
Joel
I always found it interesting that Joel's girlfriend in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is named Claire.
Last Post: Jul 16, 2005 7:36pm
by Mr McGee
r
Robble
Dream
I had a dream last night that I had cancer, sitting in the hospital bed, I turned to a friend of mine and said I'm faking this whole thing like Andy. Don't tell anyone, but make sure people knew it was a possibility. When I woke up in the morning I gazed at my bo...
Views: 95   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 16, 2005 7:34pm
by Sara
w
W
Nixon
This was a great movie. I was reading the great shark hunt the other day and Thompson brings up how he was at the white house during Nixon's resignation speech. And he was close to Nixon while he flew away from the white house. Notice at the end of the movie when it...
Views: 103   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 15, 2005 4:44pm
by Iggy
Comma
"The only thing I hold in higher regard than their ignorance is their ignorance of it".-- Enrique Presley
Views: 110   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 15, 2005 4:38pm
by Ruby
r
Raaawb
New Yorker Caption thingie again
"I keep telling you people... I am NOT the one responsible for Paulie Shore's return to television!"
Views: 86   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 14, 2005 8:51pm
by Ruby
i
Iggy
Freind?
We haven't heard from you in awhile. What's new.
Views: 101   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2005 7:17pm
by Iggy
r
Ruby
anybody been looking recently?
There is some crazy stuff going on over at AKlives lately.
Views: 102   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 12, 2005 9:48pm
by Iggy
r
Ruby
will the American public please stand up
Did I read this right? Is Judith Miller really in jail because of Karl Rove? It's confirmed that Rove was the source of the leak? I mean, of course it has all the markings of something he would orchestrate. Is this like a ****ty novel about the snakiest dirtiest char...
Views: 101   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 12, 2005 4:13pm
by W
j
Jana
Want to laugh?
Rick Overton, who is a great comedian/actor and a good friend of mine is playing here in NYC tomorrow (Tuesday) evening. He was interviewed on "The Real Andy Kaufman". Just spreadin' the news. I'll be there! If you want details, email me privately. Nothing new...
Views: 115   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2005 8:00pm
by Iggy
what we, white man?
Remember when I went to that Mariachi Festival to do brief interviews/hand out surveys for school? Well, I am now doing the data entry for the survey results, these are the longer form surveys we gave to people to fill out at home and mail back to us. The last que...
Views: 104   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 10, 2005 8:03pm
by Raaawb
good news!
I am SO EXCITED! Some friends of mine are actually interested in going to see an Elvis impersonator show, so I did some snooping. It turns out that one of the casinos near my town has a regular show with an Elvis impersonator! Better yet, the admission is free, but w...
Views: 78   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 10, 2005 12:12am
by Raaawb
r
Raaawb
Handey-isms
I just came across an old AOL message board topic I started a few years ago, and thought I'd share it here. I reckon it could be semi-on-topic, as it relates to the "Deep Thoughts" which were featured on Saturday Night Live... and were absurdist. Here's a brief exp...
Views: 116   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 10:32pm
by Sara
r
Roy
Hey Clifton, nice suit.
I read somewhere or other that the Kaufman's (at some point) where suing Zmuda. Can anyone confirm this? what for? What was the result?
Views: 114   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 9:16pm
by Sara
OT
this kind of poverty and disease in the world and the US is spending billions of $$$ to blow a hole in a comet and numerous other unworthy causes.
Views: 103   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 8:19pm
by Sara
j
john
New Kaufman book!
Someone just posted this the other day that a new book on Andy will be published later this year! Amazing news. Can't wait to read it. New Kaufman book!
Views: 118   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 8, 2005 2:16am
by Ruby Cooter
w
W
For iggy
Here's that interview I posted for you.... But this one is in full. You have to download it to hear the whole thing. You may not want to but its pretty fun to hear. http://plaguepuppy.net/public_html/video%20archive/
Views: 108   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 8, 2005 12:04am
by W
Old Claire post.
Never really knew what to make of this. Any thoughts? Re: Fortune Teller Posted by Claire on 4/27/2004 at 06:48:41 IP: 68.58.50.182 That is a very cool story, thanks for sharing. It is weird you bring up palm readers. I met with a street-side psychic last we...
Views: 107   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 7, 2005 2:12pm
by Mr. McGee
i
Iggy
War of the Worlds
Has anybody seen it yet? What did you think?
Views: 106   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 6, 2005 9:53am
by levi
Conclusion?
"I am living still, and I write now as if I had never been ill!" -Hercule Levande
Views: 93   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 12:11pm
by Mr. McGee
r
Roy
Speaking of comets
Burning Dan is the stunt man who runs on fire in the Spike Jonze directed video for Wax's "California" I haven't found it online anywhere yet.
Views: 122   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 3, 2005 8:27pm
by W
questions
wow, lots of questions. Okay, I wrote them down and will try to answer all. 1. That is definitely Nathan in the two photos, where he looks like michael moore! That's funny! I know, he looks weird, I guess cause he's wearing glasses and is kind of scrunched up, but...
Views: 130   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 2, 2005 9:52pm
by W
more on nathan mccoy
Okay, now I feel like a total ****, but here are a couple of more pictures of Nathan. Spencer took these out of a drawer in his house! Now my kids a criminal, just so we can satisfy our curiosity. But Spence is really into this. Nathan, if you see this or hear abo...
Views: 182   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jul 1, 2005 11:35am
by W
Views: 92   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 1, 2005 12:29am
by Ruby Cooter
Bald?
JERRY: So he just shaves his head for no reason? GEORGE: That's like using a wheelchair for the fun of it!
Views: 91   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 30, 2005 7:01pm
by Iggy
Bootlegs.
http://www.noneinc.com/sound/RIAABootleg/RIAABootlegs-ReadMe.txt
Views: 88   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 29, 2005 10:28am
by Raaawb
Any idea who this person is?
cdrjet. JetElectro, perhaps? "Greetings, My name is Joe. I worked with Andy and Tony Clifton. I'm best friends with Bob Zmuda." http://akaufman.meetup.com/4/members/?memberId=895622 And wasn't a part of Andy's last special filmed in Chicago?
Views: 103   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 28, 2005 2:37pm
by john
A Kaufman is A. Kaufman in a Cage?
Found this little quote somewhere on Susan Orleans blog... "Nov 22 02. Adaptation 2: The Reckoning: Just when you think this thing couldn't get any weirder, part 2... Don't know how much credence to lend this one, but I heard from a reliable source that there...
Views: 97   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 29, 2005 12:47am
by Raaawb
r
Roy
Nice coat
what the???? http://img280.echo.cx/img280/2081/italy936rw.jpg
Views: 103   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 28, 2005 3:51pm
by Roy
Nate photo with the kids.
Friend, I dont remember which kid you said was yours, but a friend just noticed something I didn't. The kid on the rights legs are way too tan and big for a kid. Do you have any other photos of your son you could share with us?
Views: 97   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 28, 2005 11:46am
by Raaawb
j
Jana
Hey Roy....
Want to meet up next Sunday the 10th in Central Park with me and McGee and have Kaufman-esque mischief in the park? If so, email me and I'll let you know where we can meet up.
Views: 101   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 28, 2005 6:38am
by Jana
r
Raaawb
And he coughed, man
Thought this was interesting.... I went Google hunting for a few links via just the words "Andy Kaufman" and saw that the andykaufmanlives site comes right up in the first several links... and also the version with the /enrique at the end. Google includes a bit o...
Views: 87   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 27, 2005 5:52pm
by Iggy
j
Jenny
Last Post: Jun 27, 2005 5:41pm
by Iggy
LOOK.
http://img243.echo.cx/img243/8617/mccoy25ti.jpg
Views: 132   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jun 27, 2005 2:09pm
by Jenny
w
W
Ralph Steadman post of find a grave (Nothing to do with Kaufman)
A message from one of your great friends: " Since it happened my feet haven't touched the ground. It's like I can still speak to Hunter beyond the grave. Like he is saying, 'Don't **** up on this one, Ralph! Tell it like you knew it, but don't bad mouth me!! You...
Views: 74   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 26, 2005 4:34pm
by Iggy
Nathan Mccoy photo
I found this photo that I took of Nathan a couple of years ago. I haven't had a chance to take a new picture yet. Does this look to any of you like it might be Andy Kaufman? http://img280.echo.cx/img280/6597/nathanspencer4xm.jpg %%bbCodeItem_1%%
Views: 263   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 25, 2005 7:25am
by BTW
r
Raaawb
AndyPop ChickyBroth
AndyPop ChickyBroth So will we find the Andy-man? And might we need a handyman? His whereabouts a mystery, Unless, of course, he ceased to be. So here we sit, still on the trail, Will logic, facts, or fancy prevail? Will we find that he lives still, A B...
Views: 97   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 20, 2005 8:10pm
by Sara
off topic
I love this blog
Views: 75   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2005 7:44pm
by Iggy
Andy in USA Today
This article mentions Andy at the beginning and at the end.
Views: 112   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 24, 2005 10:11am
by Ruby Cooter
w
W
Don't see batman!
Terrible.
Views: 75   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 23, 2005 6:38pm
by Sara
Friend...
Do you have any other photos you could share?
Last Post: Jun 22, 2005 10:01pm
by Mr McGee
j
Jana
curiousity always kills the cat?
why does everyone always think that if andy were still alive, he'd be fat and bloated? yeah, andy had a penchant for icecream and chocolate, but he didn't eat all that badly otherwise, right? i envision andy as a slightly older looking version of himself-- with salt...
Views: 102   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 22, 2005 3:19pm
by K-mart-Negroe
r
Raaawb
Elvis/Russ Meyer connection
A while back, we saw Lynne post something to the effect that she and Andy have been great Russ Meyer fans. I just found this little nugget on http://www.epgold.com/ which refers to Tura Satana, from Russ's "Faster, P ussycat, Kill, Kill," as having "hooked up" with...
Views: 82   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 22, 2005 3:20am
by Raaawb
Rodney Biopic
"Producers Howard and Karen Baldwin have acquired life story rights from Rodney Dangerfield's widow and plan to develop and produce a biopic through their Baldwin Entertainment Group reports Variety. The Baldwins were producers on "Ray" and "Sahara". This film wil...
Views: 83   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2005 9:42pm
by W
The Good Doctor is back...
And leaving flowers for Andy on Find-A-Grave... "Still so much love in Doodyville (west?), but my goodness, just a year and three days, and no one comes out to play anymore! Carlo might have been right, after all. Mind your bedtime. Tick-tock, tick-tock! - Dr. He...
Views: 82   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2005 1:54pm
by Mr. McGee
Off The Map
Welcome to Andy Kaufman Lives.com my name is Deep Throat and I live in the wilds of Taos, New Mexico home to eleven-year-old Bo Groden. http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050310/REVIEWS/50301004/1023
Views: 98   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2005 11:41am
by Mr. McGee
078-05-1120
"I have always felt that that is most likely the case. In my opinion since he did not really die the social security number is still active. This allows people to use it for mischief such as listing it on a job or cell phone application. I believe that once Andy Kauf...
Views: 111   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 20, 2005 9:04pm
by This field is re...
8/30/2005
David Letterman Boom goes the dynamite hidden text next to the date on aklives
Views: 106   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 20, 2005 8:18pm
by Iggy
http://www.andykaufman.org/WEBMASTER.html
I've been revisiting all the old stuff tonight to see if there is anything new or anything I'd missed before. Am I the only one who hasn't already seen this? http://www.andykaufman.org/WEBMASTER.html I'm on slooooow dial up because our satelite antenna was struck by...
Views: 91   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 20, 2005 4:33pm
by Raaawb
New Yorker cartoon caption contest
The New Yorker magazine recently started a weekly contest for readers to contribute the captions to pictures. I thought of you people when I saw the contest, because several of you are funny and it would be neat to see a winning caption from someone I think of as a f...
Views: 76   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 18, 2005 11:14pm
by Raaawb
Nathan McCoy
I'm the one who posted the pic of the hospital wristband. I was just testing the waters to see if I got any response; this guy lives down the street from me, and he's kind of strange and I've heard some things which make me curious about him.
Views: 251   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 18, 2005 1:10am
by W
j
Jana
Kurt & Andy
I just finished reading "Heavier than Heaven"-- the Kurt Cobain bio-- I had no idea that he was a huge Andy fan, who used to do impressions of Latka for his friends. The book mentions his love of Andy twice. I thought that was pretty cool.
Views: 101   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 17, 2005 8:06am
by Mr. McGee
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet