Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
COMING CLEAN

Hey guys. Check it out. Rob invited me here as a way to post and discuss things that may be deleted from Claires board. I dont frequent this much, and some of you may find this disapointing, but here's what happened...

I went to Claires board one day, and made up this long story about how I met Andy in New Mexico and how he lives ina church basement, and within an hour the post was deleted. I was ******* So what if I made it up...it was more of a theory than anything.

So, I got so made at her that I photoshoped the Blue Bar pic, and posted it on humor site www.ytmnd.com, and flooded her board with it.

If you dont believe me, I can post the original photoshop PSD file, as well as the picture of the old man I stole from simply doing a google search of "old man".

I firmly believe in the theory that this whole "andykaufmanlives.com" this is all Lynne. Who doesnt watch Man on the Moon or any Kaufman special and then run straight to the internet looking for clue and hints?

Plus, the site is a HUGE plug for her eBay ****, and hey...it works. I bought a Uncle Andy shirt over the summer.

I even e-mailed Lynne about it, and her responce was very 'winkwink-nudgenudge' about the whole thing.

So uh...sorry about my little outburst last month.

Re: COMING CLEAN

I've always thought the "Lynne angle" was a very plausible angle. Just as plausible as "The Andy being alive" angle.

Re: Re: COMING CLEAN

I mean why not. It still doesnt DISPROVE that Andy is alive. He may be feeding her this stuff. The fax thing from way back. But you know, dead or alive, Andy is having a great time. The people behind andykaufmanlives.com are trying too hard.

Re: Re: Re: COMING CLEAN

I feel so pathetic that I "kind of" fell for the photoshop picture. I thought it was photoshop'd but with such a lull in conversation and excitement here, I ignored my doubt and tried to convince myself to believe it.
The Lynne angle wouldn't be too surprising, it does make sense. And almost makes the andykaufmanlives.com conspiracy seem more lighthearted, and the anger subdued (I of course did not spend money to go to Vegas).

Re: Re: Re: Re: COMING CLEAN

I like my new name!

Re: Re: Re: Re: COMING CLEAN

I personally doubt that Lynne is actively involved. I think as a concept, she would naturally be inclined to appreciate the efforts of the webmaster, and of course they have gone to some lengths to curry her favor by promoting her eBay listings. Why not? That would be a smart thing to do, to lend a smidgen of legitimacy to the whole venture.

I got to meet Lynne at the House of Blues event in 2004 and have emailed with her on occasion as well. She is someone I would regard as classy, and she's been very gracious to many folks from this community who have interacted with her.

I would not like to think she would be capable of saying some of the things which came from that site's webmaster around January of last year when things sort of came undone. I also sincerely doubt she would have orchestrated the whole "Steve Rocco" thing. I understand she is enjoying a modest career working on various film-related projects, and has avoided using some really good industry contacts who could very likely help her gain greater prominence, in favor of keeping things artistic and on a scale she enjoys. She does not seem to be beckoning wealth and fame at all, and she could easily do so if she desired.

And obviously, the meager income she must realize from selling individual T-shirts and DVDs on eBay are not going to fatten her bank account very quickly. She expresses that her efforts are for the fans, and she likely uses whatever she gets above her own costs to fund her artistic endeavors. I doubt most people who had access to such contacts (remember, Chris Albrecht, former Zmuda partner, is the head of HBO, for one!) and who had such wonderful media archives as she does, would have chosen that path... they would be negotiating big contracts and trying to live high on the hog. She hasn't even written her own book about her life with Andy... although it would be really cool if she did.

I think that, while her own mischief level could indeed fit with this ongoing "mystery," I really doubt she is dwelling on the past so much and focusing any great deal of attention to it. If there was any reason for her to tease the public as an ally of the still-alive Andy Kaufman, I would reckon it to be on a much greater scale than this, possibly more spectacular if there was really something for people to look forward to. Otherwise, if she actively wanted to promote the legend of the deceased Andy Kaufman, she would no doubt be able to orchestrate that much more effectively, too.

Her participation in these forums must be slightly melancholy for her... remember, this is a loved one whose health decline and eventual passing she personally witnessed, and it was a prominent event in her life. She stood by him throughout his very difficult time of need. I believe the "fun" part of the internet discussions are what attracts her to participate, as a celebration of the good things she might prefer to fondly remember... and the drama and anger some exhibit are likely things which make her become invisible for a while.

I feel a great respect for Lynne, and I really don't think she is out to lead us down some garden path.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: COMING CLEAN

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: COMING CLEAN

er, *blush*, that is.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: COMING CLEAN

Aw, and you even peeked your head in just as I was writing that!

Come by again, and enjoy some angle food cake and some coffee.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For da record

The "lynne Angle" is just one of many angles. Just like "ABC Angle" The "Zmuda Angle" and the "Nunya Angle." And I've never felt she was responsible for the malice & mud slinging that's gone on in the past.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For da record

I certainly don't know Lynne on a personal level, but it would be hard for me to imagine her behaving so maliciously.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: COMING CLEAN

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5386/anglefoodcake6ur.jpg