Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
for you new yorkers out there

I don't know anything more than this... but if I was in nyc, I'd go. I saw this on some guy's website.

The sketch comedy troupe I am in, Party Hall For Rent, will be hitting the stage next Saturday in New York City for the first time. We've been writing and rehearsing for several months. Most of that time was spent just sitting at the bar thinking of ideas and making each other laugh, but hopefully our "hard" work has paid off and we've come up with something worth watching.

We've lost a few members along the way and I'd like to give a shout out to Maria and Joe, who will hopefully join us and come to see the show. I'd also like to thank Eli of los halos for writing a kick ass theme song for one of our sketches.

For full details I will turn to one of my cohorts in this venture, Chris Sullivan, who summed it up pretty well in an email he sent around earlier this week...

On Saturday, August 27th, Party Hall for Rent will be giving its first live performance. Ever.

This is your chance to see history made. This is your chance to see five talented comics bring their creations to life right before your eyes. This is your chance to see the world premiere of more than a dozen sketches. This is your chance to drink beer in the basement of a building on the Bowery.

I’m part of “The Hall,” and without giving away too much, this show is going to be funny. It’s going to be loud. It’s going to be violent. And it’s going to be crude.

Oh Lord, will it be crude. I’m 28 and even I might not be old enough to come to this show. But you should come. You owe it to yourself.

So let’s talk about the details:

What’s Happening?
Party Hall for Rent’s 1st Ever Live Performance

When?
Saturday, August 27th, at 8pm

Where?
Juvie Hall at The Gene Frankel Theater
24 Bond Street between Bowery and Lafayette

How Much?
It’s going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 to 8 bucks. But as a thank you for coming out, your ticket comes with a complimentary beer.

Will There Be More Beer?
Yes. We’ll have a limited supply of beer on sale for $2 a can. All we ask is that you not get sloppy drunk since we like the people who run the place and we’d rather not get banned for life because you like to mask your pain with alcohol.

What Are You Saying?
I’m just saying that sometimes, when you drink, things can get a little out of hand.

Are You Talking About That Time At That Guy’s Party?
This is not the time or the place for this conversation.

It’s Never The Time! That Is So Not Fair! How Can You Bring Up Something Like That And Expect Me Not To Respond?
We’re getting way off topic here. Can we just talk about this later?

Fine.
Fine.

What Else Should We Know About Your Stupid Show?
I’m going to ignore your tone and answer your question. While there will be beer, we will not be selling food. There is a small chance you might be one of the lucky few who catch a ham sandwich during the course of the show (you’ll understand when you see it) we can’t guarantee there will be enough ham for everyone. So eat before you get there. Also, seating is limited. We have to cap it at 50 people. So let me know in advance if you’re going to come so we can make the necessary arrangements. And if you say you’re going to come and then you don’t show up, just know that that’s not cool. Really not cool.

So if you live in or around New York and would like to venture out to see some sketch comedy on a Saturday night, come check us out.

And afterwards we'll all go out for some beers and such...

Re: So there will be beer?

Haha, I love the guy's pitch letter. Yeah, I'd go too, even though I don't really drink much beer, and nobody ever offers free cans of cognac.

For the rest of us wanting to go see a vile, filthy, disgusting display of comedy... and I'm surprised no one has brought this up before... there are still showings "at selected locations" of the new film "The Aristocrats."

Here's the IMDB description:

"Comedy veterans and co-creators Penn Jillette and Paul Provenza capitalize on their insider status and invite over 100 of their closest friends--who happen to be some of the biggest names in entertainment, from George Carlin, Whoopi Goldberg, Drew Cary to Gilbert Gottfried, Bob Saget, Paul Reiser and Sarah Silverman--to reminisce, analyze, deconstruct and deliver their their own versions of world's dirtiest joke, an old burlesque, too extreme to be performed in public, called The Aristocrats."

As I look at the list of people credited in this film, I noticed the semi-odd appearance of the name Chris Albrecht, who is one of the top people at HBO. Although some of us may remember him better as the "A" in the comedy team of Albrecht and Zmuda, "Comedy from A to Z," or also as the fellow who represented Jim Carrey in the early '80s. I wonder if he's adding his own filthy version of this joke?

Oh, and Carrot Top is in the film, too, in case that adds to its "weight."

In a magazine article about this film, I recall that it was even reviewed by someone from a Christian publication... who, of course, immediately condemned it... but somehow had to add, maybe in not so many words, that he too had laughed his ass off.

Re: Re: So there will be beer?

Yes beer! Get us beer! More beer! BEER! BEER! BEER!

Re: for you new yorkers out there

Tee hee. Thanks, Ruby, I might check it out. But I might also go to Atlantic City. We'll see. :)