Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who's Tony Clifton is better?

I think I would go with AK. He did a very good job on "the fantastic miss Piggy show" Jim Carrey's TC is pretty different than Bob's and Andy's in my opinion. I even found Jim's the most abnoxious (And at some times the funniest)
TONY: Somebody's wearin' alot of perfume--Must be that time of the month!

Re: Whose Tony Clifton is better?

Hard to say which one is better.

But more about Neil Hamburger, since the thread below is so bogged down by now, and his persona seems to be compared with Tony Clifton anyway....

So from one of the links on the Google search provided by John, there is an interview with Gregg Turkington, a member of the group "Zip Code Rapists" (lovely name, that), what follows is an interesting piece of that interview.

http://www.crimewaveusa.com/pages/articlepages/zcr.html

MM: Let's talk about some of your other famous friends. How did you come to know the comedian Neil Hamburger?

GT: I saw a show in Reno, and offered to produce some recordings.

MM: So, would you say you were responsible for "discovering" him? I'd never heard of him before he appeared on Amarillo's "Great Phone Calls" Record, and since then, I've been seeing his name everywhere. Just yesterday, a friend of mine (the same guy who showed me the Hank Rollins picture) told me that quite a few people believe that Neil Hamburger is actually Andy Kaufman.

GT: You need new friends. Yes, I "discovered" him in terms of setting him up to record for indie rock labels rather than the vanity-comedy labels that were releasing his cassettes in the past. But I didn't really "discover" him in that the guy is still broke and playing in pizza parlors to make ends meet. That's hardly being discovered.

MM: As for the Andy Kaufman thing, I take it that you don't think that's even worth commenting upon?

GT: Well, Andy Kaufman is amazing, but also amazingly dead. It's pretty well-documented. Neil Hamburger is maybe not so amazing, but it has been pretty well documented that he is among the living.

MM: Until I see a body, I'm going to keep on believing. As long as I believe that Aristotle Onassis was JFK, that Billy Shears is Paul McCartney, and that Courtney Love is Tina Yothers, I might as well believe that Neil Hamburger is Andy Kaufman.

GT: That kind of independent thought is what helped make our country great.

-------------------------------------------------

So a ringing endorsement for Neil Hamburger here... he's maybe "not so amazing" but he's got it all over Andy Kaufman simply by virtue of still being alive!