Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Life again

Well, it's slowed down a bit lately... I'm supposing "life" is interfering with everyone's interest in the message boards. I know it has over here.

So since it is slow, I thought I'd share this as marginally relevant....

My grandmother passed away last Sunday at the age of 92. She was "ready" to go, and at peace. But I remember that she liked this old song by Eddy Arnold called "It's Such a Pretty World Today," and I recall how whenever I stayed over I would experience her morning ritual of waking up everyone in the house by putting that record on and playing it loud. It has much the same charm as that "Friendly, Friendly World" song Andy liked. I just found the lyrics to the song, and thought I'd share 'em as I remember my Grandma this week.

IT'S SUCH A PRETTY WORLD TODAY
(Dale Noe)

Recorded by : Eddy Arnold (from the album "Turn the World Around," RCA Victor, 1967)

It's such a pretty world today,
Look at the sunshine,
And every day's the same since I met you.

Knowing that you're mine,
And happiness is being close to you.

And though the rain may fall,
Our skies will all be blue,
If I look close enough,
The sun will come shining through.

Look at the sunshine,
Today and every day, since I met you.

And though the rain may fall...
Our skies will all be blue,
If I look close enough,
The sun will come shining through.

(Look at the sunshine...)
Today and every day,
Since I met you.

Re: Life again

That's sweet. Sorry about your grandma.

Re: Re: Life again

Me too, Rob. Sorry about your loss.

Re: Re: Re: Life again

We acquire the strength we have overcome.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Re: Re: Re: Life again

That's a nice song Rob. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Re: Life again

My fathers aunt passed away a few days back too, were going to the funeral tomorrow I didn't really know her. Sorry to hear about your Grandma.

If my Grandma was Andy, he'd definitely be gone now

It was a very nice, touching funeral... thank you folks for the well-wishing.

Another thing I remembered about my Grandma as concerns "Andy Kaufman"... The last time I saw her, a few years ago, she gave me a $50 bill. She had stopped sending me a $20 check on birthdays and such, so this was sort of "to make up for it." She said she'd been carrying that bill around with her for a long time.

So I, too, carried around with me for a long time. When did I finally pull it out of my wallet? At the "Andy Kaufman - Dead or Alive?" event last year. And I handed it to Lynne to pay for two Tony Clifton DVDs.

I'd been holding that bill partly out of sentimental value and partly out of an interest in finding something rather cool to buy with it, so after an entire evening of odd occurrences (for me, anyway, which I've never gotten committed to documentation), I had finally reached the point where I could buy the mysterious DVD. I thought it was going to be the DVD of the Jim Carrey behind-the-scenes stuff that was shown earlier. But, it was Tony Clifton, "only available for sale tonight," and Lynne even autographed them. So I felt that this purchase... something I also couldn't have done via ATM card... was worth spending my Grandma's $50 bill on. (Ah, just wish that DVD hadn't just been a bunch of Tony Clifton "as he is today" sorta stuff... but oh well.)

It was worth it for the novelty and for getting to meet Lynne, too, definitely. I had bought two of them, one for me, and one for... whatever, since it was supposed to be such a rare item, I thought, "Hey, maybe I could sell it on eBay at some point," but I soon found Lynne selling her own copies there, so I now own 2 Tony Clifton DVDs bought with my dearly departed grandmother's gift money.

Arooo-bah! Zahmooo-dah!
I love Grandma too.

And I bet you dollars to donuts that my Grandma loves Slim Whitman, too.

Re: If my Grandma was Andy, he'd definitely be gone now

ROSE MARIIEEEEE!

Re: Re: If my Grandma was Andy, he'd definitely be gone now

I'm pretty sure everybody's grandmother loved Slim Whitman.