Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Joining the Sniglitia

Ay papi, it is slow in here these days, yah?

So I will add this contribution. Or, contribute this addition.

"Sniglets" are defined by their creator, Rich Hall (a contemporary of Andy, natch) as being "any word which is not in the dictionary, but should be." Most likely you've heard of them and seen them, and maybe even Googled them up at some point. Well here, I have made some more. Here they are:

Scrunchkin: Someone so short, they keep being stepped on

Nomentum: When something isn’t moving at all

Expeculation:
1. Anticipating a particular outcome, but wishfully so
2. Guessing which person in a crowd your loogie will hit

Catsle: A home for royal felines

Saltap: The act of tapping your saltine cracker on your plate in order to dislodge loose crumbs and salt particles so they don’t fall in your lap on the way to your mouth

Lappy tappies: The cracker particles that fall into your lap anyway, despite your best saltapping efforts

Comscuter: A desktop computer made portable by adding wheels

Magnifrying glass: What an ordinary magnifying glass becomes in the hands of a child near an anthill

Mistearious: When your eyes start to water, and you can’t figure out why

Sargentyorkaphobia: The fear that you could be suddenly completely replaced and no one will notice, as with the first Darrin from “Bewitched”

Time-id: Being afraid to look at your watch

Sweartyuiop: The act of using typewriter symbols (i.e., @&*$%!) to disguise profanity

iDog: An electronic dog for those who cannot own a real one

Jalipainful: The sensation felt right after eating a hot pepper, accompanied by the temporary fear that, despite quickly gulping down drink and other foods to chase it away, you may be doomed to live with it

Pluct tape: Tape that is used to remove hair from one’s body

Epiphony: A sudden, false realization

CD Jeebies: The fear of opening a compact disc jewel case and finding no CD inside (also: DVDeebies)

Multiplugcation: The act of plugging a power strip into another power strip

Commarshall: The official who scrutinizes the validity of fine print claims in TV ads, and arrests those who are in violation

Gople: A staple that won’t stay

Jesture: The motion made which ends with two open palms in the air as you say, “I’m just kidding!”

Funimunidumi: The guy who always says, during a game of Monopoly, “Hey, what if this was REAL money!”

Re: Joining the Sniglitia

My grandparents always used to say "stupidvise," as in,

"Keith, why don't you go and play with the kids, I don't need your help in the kitchen!"

and then he'd say,

"Well, ok, Betty, if you're sure you don't need me to stupidvise!"

Re: Re: Joining the Sniglitia

"saggin' gibberish" means "exciting eggplant"