Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LOOK.

http://img243.echo.cx/img243/8617/mccoy25ti.jpg

Re: LOOK.

Okay...

So we were linked to this picture... at least I THINK this picture... a few days ago over on Claire's board at http://www.fastboards.com/boards/board.cgi?user=clairechanel&action=read&id=1118715099 (see the link contained within).

And so we see the name of the doctor on this tag for Nathan McCoy... Steven Rubins (refer to the post further on down this board called "BROWN CHEESE WITH SUGAR").

So we can see that Dr. Rubins, the doctor who signed Andy's death certificate, apparently was also Andy's physician... and also admitted him to the hospital under the name Nathan McCoy.

It can be found on the internet that Andy would use this name as a pseudonym, particularly to check into the hospital... not a big surprise; as a celebrity he would probably do that to avoid attracting attention.

All seems innocent enough so far... the question remains as to whether Dr. Rubins actually KNEW Andy... AS Andy... and was able to positively vouch for the identity of his body in order to sign the death certificate. But you would suppose that since he did sign a legal document containing the name Andy Kaufman... he most likely definitely knew who he was, right?

So is there some controversy within this very interesting picture we see here?

BA, MA, PHD, BS

I'm not accusing Dr. Ruben of anything, but the idea that NO doctor would ever lie is ridiculous.

I'm not sure why people believe a doctor wouldn't participate in a hoax. Some doctors may in fact have a sense of humour. They may even wish to participate for lofty purposes. Heck, criminal. Besides if a doctor is retired, he doesn't stand to be fired. If the statute of limitations has run out, he doesnt stand to be prosecuted either. Doctors can be bought, convinced, manipulated or tricked just like anyone else.

e.g. When I was in high school I used the services of a doctor who was willing to bend the law for 10 or 20 bucks. You'd walk in and say with a wink "oh, I'm not feelin' so good doc." He would write you a note for what ever you wanted. He would snicker under his breath when he came up with your illness. We called him Dr. Scam Lan (surname altered to protect the guilty.)

Re: BA, MA, PHD, BS

Doctors are held in such high esteem in our society it's rediculous. They drop their titles so blatantly, always expecting preferential treatment. Obviously they are not all that way, but it is a prevelant attitude.

Oops, did I just tangent? My bad.

Re: Re: BA, MA, PHD, BS

My fathers a doctor.

PS

Is that a metal wrist bracelet? Never seen one of those before.

Re: PS

My father takes illness seriously. His sister died of cancer.

Re: Re: PS

Doctors see death.

Re: Re: Re: PS

Two of my sisters are doctors.

Re: Re: Re: Re: PS

Iggy has a paradox in his life?

Re: Re: Re: BA, MA, PHD, BS

My father's a garbage man?

Re: Re: Re: Re: BA, MA, PHD, BS

I once played doctor.

Re: Re: LOOK.

It is unlawful to fake one's death, I believe?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PS

Re: Re: Re: LOOK.

That's a pretty good letter from the Belgian guy. do you guys know about simulacra? A simulacrum is a copy of something of which there is no original.

Example: in a PBS special on marketing to teens, Sprite hosts and pays for a hip hop party. Several attendees are paid actors, hired to dance and make the place cool. Other kids who mimic their dance moves have no idea they are copying plants. What are the plants copying in order to be cool?

Andy faked his death partly influenced by the magic surrounding the thought of Elvis still being alive. He copied Elvis's fake fake death. He made it real.

Disneyland is often cited as a prime example of a simulacrum.

"The simulacrum is never what hides the truth-- it is truth that hides the fact that there is none. The simulacrum is true." --Jean Baudrillard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PS

P.S. expect the unexpected!

Re: Re: Re: Re: LOOK.

Las Vegas, too. Although now I might be confusing a simulacrum with a heterotopia. I'd have to look it up again. But goodness, men and women, I have WORK to do!

Re: Re: Re: Re: LOOK.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOOK.

Work? Goodness girl, get you priorities strait.

Re: Re: Re: Re: BA, MA, PHD, BS

there used to be a weather man by the name of Roy McCoy in Amarillo TX