Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
CHELTENHAM
http://www.irishracing.com/news?prid=114667&headline=Get-ready-for-The-Greatest-Show-on-Turf
Views: 350   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 14, 2015 1:57pm
by Ann
d
donald
Spring in the air
Spring is definitely on it´s way here in Munich. Yesterday herself and I , together with Kilian and his mum went to our local Greek Tavern for lunch and sat outside with the sun beaming down. Today I was able to hang the washing out on the garden clothes line. U...
Views: 242   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 14, 2015 1:49pm
by Ann
a
Ann
POLDARK
Spammed on my earlier entry so better make this shorter. The new series of Poldark started last night on BBC1. Brilliant. Aidan Turner as Poldark is every bit the tall, dark and handsome hero. An Irish actor to boot. Can't wait for the next episode. M...
Views: 177   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 14, 2015 1:31pm
by Annd
a
Anita
Potential pole studio in lisburn.
Hello! We are thinking of opening up a pole/aerial studio in lisburn and wanted to know if there was enough demand for it to possible. If you are interested or know someone who would be interested and live in lisburn or can get into lisburn easily,please could yo...
Views: 358   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 14, 2015 11:15am
by Pat
Time to let go.
Readers who have watched and cringed throughout the years as I egotistically bared my soul with schmaltzy verbosity will not be surprised to see this public display of self-pity. I have Parkinsons Disease. That prevents me doing many of the little things I have be...
Views: 286   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 14, 2015 10:44am
by Pat
a
Ann
A walk up the loneys
Yesterday was a sunny day so we decided to take Tess down the line for a change. We parked near Hilden School and headed down the towpath towards Lisburn. The line has been tidied up, grass cut and trees trimmed. When we came to the loneys, usually impass...
Views: 373   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 10, 2015 12:15pm
by Ann
lisburn a city of empty shops video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eXek4Pu8B4&feature=youtu.be
Views: 289   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 10, 2015 11:58am
by Ann
a
Ann
China Doll and Low Roader
Listening to the radio (Radio Ulster) as I put on my replies here, China Doll, sung by Slim Whitman, is playing. I immediately now think of Low Roader when I hear this song. "I'd rather have a doll of clay that I could call my own," etc. etc. etc . Great...
Views: 276   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 9, 2015 4:27pm
by Ann
p
Pamela
Video killed the radio star
You can't say that about Radio Ulster. They had a new star on Saturday by the name of Ann. Sounding good girl, and that was a nice thing to say about the young man from Tigers Bay. I hope he was listening. Pam
Views: 414   Replies: 19
Last Post: Mar 9, 2015 4:06pm
by Ann
boxing now on live
http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/skysports-fight-night-live-streaming
Views: 153   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2015 7:51pm
by barneykx
your first car
I remember the first car i had, an Austin 7 with a canvas roof blue in colour,i was just turned legal age for driving, bought it from Tommy Waddle he had a car sales in Shaftsbury Square back then, drove it home bad brakes and all, was cable brakes then for£5 a...
Views: 260   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 4, 2015 8:38pm
by donald
p
Pat
Snow in Spring
A sprinkling of snow here this morning, a Vortex of weather from Canada is over Ireland at present, so we are being visited by snow showers & hail, between the sunny periods, cool too, but the w/end is to be mild again. Snowdrops & crocus are blooming in the...
Views: 152   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 4, 2015 8:09pm
by Ann
frank stewarts daughter nora
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxMmqyv14nM&feature=youtu.be she also runs an irish dancing class out there
Views: 188   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 3, 2015 7:46pm
by barneykx
m
Mauri
Early TV
How many of you remember seeing TV for the first time, I first watched it in a bar in George St Sydney Australia in 1956 they had put the TV set on a shelf behind the bar and it sure attracted a lot of attention.I always remember the first show I saw on it was...
Views: 183   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 3, 2015 11:38am
by Ann
Real Life
No doubt you will be very interested to know that I have the day to myself. Wife is on a shopping trip. Don't rush!
Views: 352   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 3, 2015 11:31am
by Ann
a
Ann
TV Licence Fees
I was listening to the news this morning and TV licence fees were being discussed. At present a TV licence costs £150.50p per annum per household. Over 75s get free. A suggestion has been made that a tax be charged per year for every household, regard...
Views: 361   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 3, 2015 11:18am
by Ann
d
donald
An interesting article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2973681/Edward-Nazi-King-England-Princess-Dianas-biographer-reveals-Duke-Windsor-s-collusion-Hitler.html
Views: 257   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 3, 2015 10:02am
by Pat
The Cure
This was posted in the other bit by mistake. The mistake was caused by my absolute disgust at a post by Anne. (that is my story and I am sticking to it!!!!!!!!!!!!) When I was a lad my mammy had the cure for a dropped palate. Another lady in the street had th...
Views: 278   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 28, 2015 6:55pm
by donald
d
donald
Spammed again
Couldn´t post this on TV subject am trying here I think I read that also, ( in the Beano). What world do you live in? That means if you are suspected of holding someone a prisoner or storing stolen goods on your private property you can refuse the police ent...
Views: 205   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 28, 2015 11:35am
by donald
m
Mauri
Thieval Barracks
I wonder how many of you remember Thieval barracks being built,? very few I would think. The barracks was completed just before the second world war and I remember the first Army Personnel arriving there. My Grandfather who was a joiner helped build it after working...
Views: 331   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 28, 2015 11:00am
by donald
RENDEZOUS
In a quaint old chateau garden stood a shepherdess of carven stone and over by the sleeping fountain stood a little shepherd all alone but when moonlight floods the alleys and the nightingale sings all night through they waken and they meet together i...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2015 10:47pm
by BARNEYKX
m
Mauri
Computer
I bought a new computer last week and have had nothing but trouble with it. Have had two technicians in one from the Company I bought it from and one from the servor, the last one that looked at it today says its not the computer but a problem somewhere in the cable...
Views: 162   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2015 10:15pm
by Mauri
i remember
I Remember, I Remember By Thomas Hood I remember, I remember, The house where I was born, The little window where the sun Came peeping in at morn; He never came a wink too soon, Nor brought too long a day, But now, I often...
Views: 144   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 27, 2015 4:08pm
by Ann
conal gillen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pimBGUrdgkk&feature=youtu.be
Views: 224   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 27, 2015 2:04pm
by barneykx
the rythm of time
The Rhythm Of Time There’s an inner thing in every man, Do you know this thing my friend? It has withstood the blows of a million years, And will do so to the end. It was born when time did not exist, And it grew up out of life, It cut down...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2015 9:24am
by barneykx
Eddie Kavanagh's Pantomine
Does anyone remember the Pantomine produced by Eddie and Dobbin Mc Kavanagh, Sammy Mc Shane and Maureen Stewart played the leads. I beleive the Chorus was mostly from the Girls Club. Anyone got Photos?
Views: 597   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 26, 2015 6:55pm
by BARNEYKX
t
Tommy
Tom Mc Kay (Woops on photos )
Hi Darryl Could you tell me , have you had any information , regarding the reason ,for getting Woops on most of the photos ,on my section of photo entries . Regards to yourself ,and the family . Tommy
Views: 206   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 25, 2015 9:11pm
by Darryl Collins
Cecil Walker
Daphne, Just to let you know your cousin Sylvia's husband Cecil Walker has received an MBE in the Queens Birthday Honours. It is for service to cricket and very well deserved. He even cuts the wicket most weeks. Regards Margaret
Views: 700   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 24, 2015 7:57pm
by Darryl Collins
d
donald
Dresden 1945
70 years ago today since Dresden was bombed, killing over 25,000 civilians.I,ve been there a few times and was impressed with the way the city has and still is being rebuilt. I read something very interesting, the son of a pilot who took part in the bombing was the c...
Views: 945   Replies: 42
Last Post: Feb 24, 2015 7:57am
by Dabbler
site
seems site was down for a few days and still not right I could not send a quote
Views: 208   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 23, 2015 8:15pm
by Darryl Collins
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Free Forum powered by Bravenet