Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spammed again

Couldn´t post this on TV subject am trying here

I think I read that also, ( in the Beano). What world do you live in? That means if you are suspected of holding someone a prisoner or storing stolen goods on your private property you can refuse the police entrance?
The authorities do not need to enter your property as they have electronic devices for detecting TVs from a distance. Actors, musicians and staff do not work for nothing, their wages are paid for from TV licences.Almost all entertainers, except those who play music in pubs at the week ends charge something. I personally find it incorrect to use a service and let others pay for it? It´s very ungerman!
Is your question answered?

Donald ( or better known as Mr know all )

Re: Spammed again

I took the trouble to type a lengthy reply to Donald only to be spammed. The gist of it was I never mentioned the police in my post. The analogy is to ridiculous to even comment on.On the subject of performers artists etc they get paid royalties not by the BBC but by PERFORMING RIGHTS SOCIETY. I only ask that you give me the courtesy of checking the facts I have presented on my post before commenting again.

And where does the cash come from for wages for staff, commentators,reporters, cameramen and building maintenance?
Where do the PERFORMING RIGHTS SOCIETY get their funding from?
You never mentioned the police granted, but TV controllers are also from authorities who have been appointed by government to control and report any illegal viewing. TV licence costs are a law passed by the government and until this law is revoked it must be accepted and honoured.
donald the know all.

Lowroader, Don't tell me you have become a grumpy old man. I thought the only one I knew lived in my house. It must be spreading or you have stayed in Scotland too long. Pam

Pamela
Lowroader, Don't tell me you have become a grumpy old man. I thought the only one I knew lived in my house. It must be spreading or you have stayed in Scotland too long. Pam

Pamela,
this is someone who only borrowed the name Lowroader, he is writing incognito. his proper nom de plume is top secret as he does not want to be imprisoned for not paying his TV licence.
Donald