Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potential pole studio in lisburn.

Hello!

We are thinking of opening up a pole/aerial studio in lisburn and wanted to know if there was enough demand for it to possible. If you are interested or know someone who would be interested and live in lisburn or can get into lisburn easily,please could you take some time to answer our survey! Guys and girls are welcome! Thank you!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6zbpxzl

Re: Potential pole studio in lisburn.

Anita, I haven't a notion what a pole studio is. Would you like to elaborate?

Hello,

I suppose I should have clarified, lol. By pole studio, I mean a studio to learn to pole dance. It's a great way to improve personal fitness and improve flexibility. I've been doing it for nearly 3 years now and don't think I've ever been as strong or flexible.
For aerial, these would include hoop and silks, and you can look these up on youtube. Again, another great way to improve personal fitness and also just to have fun!

Hope this answers your question!!

:)

Ann, I think this was made for us. Don't know about Dominic and Andy though, do you??????

Anita, I think you've come to the wrong website. Lisburn Exiles is predominantly, if not exclusively, made up of seniors. I can't imagine any of us (except a Lisburn senior called Big Peggy) writhing up and down a pole; not without an ambulance standing nearby. The mind boggles at the very thought. Try a younger website and good luck. Wish I was able to climb up a pole, but even as we speak I'm being referred to the Orthopaedic Hospital re a second possible hip replacement some time in the next 10 years going by the waiting list.

As Yana sang, "Climb up the garden wall".!!!!!! In my dreams.

anita don't listen to them. I think its a great idea. could you use a very short pole and some sort of hoist to put them up to it? may I suggest that perhaps you could do it on Tuesdays in weatherspoons (Tuesday bell)and perhaps run a resuscitation class in tandem with it. I have no doubt it would be a roaring success and an extra incentive is the fact that there are no less than 2 funeral directors within 200 yds of the front door. I await with trembling anticipation to your response.

Eamon, you've said it. How Anita happened to stumble across this motley crowd is anyone's guess.

Eamon lowercase
anita don't listen to them. I think its a great idea. could you use a very short pole and some sort of hoist to put them up to it? may I suggest that perhaps you could do it on Tuesdays in weatherspoons (Tuesday bell)and perhaps run a resuscitation class in tandem with it. I have no doubt it would be a roaring success and an extra incentive is the fact that there are no less than 2 funeral directors within 200 yds of the front door. I await with trembling anticipation to your response.

Herr lowercase,
you forgot to mention ( or was it before your time?)another advantage from the location Tuesday Bell. In Haslem´s Lane was once the slaughterhouse from the Butchery firm Cummins which maybe could be re-opened and used in emergency cases to relieve the suffering of those who done too much pole dancing. Maybe a contract could be made between the undertakers and the owner. Maybe another possibility would be a disposal hatch where pensioners who over estimated their capabilities could be kipped into.
donald with the big belly.

" Up the Pole" was an old reference in my day to anyone pregnant.

Alas those days are gone & "Up the Pole " has a very different meaning now.!!!!!

Pat