Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
site

seems site was down for a few days and still not right I could not send a quote

Re: site

I am having problems too Barney even with a new computer, I got fed up with my old computer and traded it in.but still have problems having a tech rep from my servor coming on Wednesday to have a look. Mauri

Nowe everything seems OK, this would drive you nuts. Mauri

Hi, sorry about the problem at the weekend. It was out of my hands. :(

The company that makes and hosts the forum software said on Saturday morning "The Programming Department is currently working on the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused." On Sunday they said "I am hoping this issue will be resolved today but since it is the weekend it may be by the end of the day on Monday." And this afternoon they finally said "The problem is now fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused."

It's very frustrating when things like this happen, particularly on such a busy forum. I have considered alternative hosting and software options, but in my view having everyone change their habits outweighs an advantage I can list! And transferring all the messages (a vast body of local information and craic after so many years) would be hit-or-miss.

Still, it appears to be fixed now. Any further problems feel free to email me darryl@lisburn.com. And thanks to Ted for letting me know something was amiss - much appreciated!