Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tom Mc Kay (Woops on photos )

Hi Darryl

Could you tell me , have you had any information , regarding the reason ,for getting Woops on most of the photos ,on my section of photo entries .
Regards to yourself ,and the family .
Tommy

Re: Tom Mc Kay (Woops on photos )

I also get it a lot of times when I am checking out photos on the site

Hi Tom,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. The short answer is that I planned to fix the photos by doing things in a different way but got waylaid by work and stuff.

The longer answer is that the photos should be a major part of the site and displayed a lot better than they currently are. There are quite a number of galleries. Some are from people like yourself. Some are historical and local photos that my dad gathered over the years. They have common elements (they are all photos!) but it is likely they should be categorised and displayed differently. For example one idea I have is to show before and after for local photos from history - what they were like in the past and what they are like now.

Another issue is the time it will take to do - finding the photos and galleries on the site, moving them to their new home, coding the pages that will show them, making sure the links are intact from where they are now. All reasons for procrastination! :-)

In short, I need to just get on with it! And I will. The weather is improving and work I've been doing on a recoded business directory is moving along quite well now.

Darryl

BTW if you give me the link to any page that isn't working I can do a quick fix on it while I do the rest.
Darryl