Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
China Doll and Low Roader

Listening to the radio (Radio Ulster) as I put on my replies here, China Doll, sung by Slim Whitman, is playing. I immediately now think of Low Roader when I hear this song. "I'd rather have a doll of clay that I could call my own," etc. etc. etc . Great stuff. Low Roader must be around 90 years old now.

Re: China Doll and Low Roader

Anne,
I well remember those nights.Unfortunately, as you know, my China Doll is now just a memory.
LR

Low Roader, I understand, but isn't it good to have those memories. Met two neighbours of yours today. Stephanie and Isabel Kingsberry. Isabel told me she is now 89. Looks terrific, as does Stephanie, a youngster at 81.

Anne,

Memories are so important, at the end of the day they are all you have.

Mine are sometimes a bit lop-sided and often hard to get your head round.

Like Pat my faith will see me through.

I look forward to sharing some memories with you.

LR

China Doll was a big hit, at work in Hilden we sang along as we worked, when we got the chance, Cliff Richard was the bees knees then. Hearing it bring many more memories, as does Secret Love with Doris Day.

Memories are golden, comforting us in the down days, as is the gift of Faith.

Pat

Low Roader, I love to see your name on the Forum. You have always something of interest to say and you know already that you were very much missed, but that's understood. Spring is here and the lighter nights are coming. I personally am glad that winter's over and I can get out into the garden soon. Always lifts my spirits and I hope yours too.