Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snow in Spring

A sprinkling of snow here this morning, a Vortex of weather from Canada is over Ireland at present, so we are being visited by snow showers & hail, between the sunny periods, cool too, but the w/end is to be mild again. Snowdrops & crocus are blooming in the snow. Lovely to see through the window

The roads are jammed with cars going slow, my daughter left for work at 8.40a.m. to drive a couple of miles & she rang at 9.45 am. to say she was only about 700 yds away. Won't be in work before 10.00a.m.!!

School runs are the stumbling block too with cars everywhere dropping children off. Only in Ireland.

Pat

Re: Snow in Spring

Pat, we had that sprinkling of snow yesterday. Nevertheless, I braved the elements and took Tess down to the Wallace Park for a walk. I like to get out every day whatever the weather, unless it's icy. This morning it's still very cold but blue skies and sunny. I've been out, well wrapped up, and must now get on with some work in the house.

Hi all,

Snow gone, lovely Spring day, forecast for better temperatures (10/12) over the next few days. Must plant out the Spring flowers in pots, at the w/end. Daffodils blooming every day in spite of snow & wind earlier.

Clear now until 7.00p.m. great to think of long days ahead.

Pat

I've been banished to the kitchen this evening. FOOTBALL. Dominic did ask nicely if he could watch it in the living room and I agreed. Our youngest son and he are fixated at some match or other. Being another lovely, albeit cold, day I decided to prepare my tubs and containers for planting the bulbs (when I buy them). One thing leads to another and I ended up cleaning out the garage as well and brushing all the moss and bits of debris around the house. It was nice to be outside, working in the garden.