Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
POLDARK

Spammed on my earlier entry so better make this shorter. The new series of Poldark started last night on BBC1. Brilliant. Aidan Turner as Poldark is every bit the tall, dark and handsome hero. An Irish actor to boot. Can't wait for the next episode. Mr D'Arcy is definitely OUT.

Re: POLDARK

Prefer the old Poldark, I was younger & foolisher then now.

As my Dad used to say "It's all made up you know" when he wanted us to stop watching something on T.V. Usually to make him tea before his bedtime at 10.00p.m.

Wish those days were back it would definitely be no T.V. for me.

Pat

Re: POLDARK

Pat, I loved the original Poldark too. However, I would like to give this one a chance before I make up my mind regarding preferences. Remember Dr Finlay's Casebook on Sunday nights? I wouldn't have missed this for the world either. Times and choices definitely change. I don't think Dr Finlay would interest me now at all having seen a snippet of it recently. The Avengers was another show not to be missed, as was Top of the Pops on Thursday nights. Where have the years gone?