Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Real Life

No doubt you will be very interested to know that I have the day to myself. Wife is on a shopping trip.
Don't rush!

Re: Real Life

As I thought!
Back to the future.
Gerry was reported as dead here several years ago. Hurray for the internet!

Dabbler, I didn't look into the Forum yesterday. We were up at Slemish having Tess trimmed and by the time we got back it was time for dinner. I hope you enjoyed your "free" day. I also love an evening when Dominic goes out and I have the house to myself. I wonder do other feel like this? Dabbler, on the other post about Gerry being dead, I don't understand. Please explain.

Ann,

As you probably know I could stay alone all day or evenings, if skies were clear, but as soon as darkness falls I cannot be alone for some reason, too nervous, jump at any sound & always listening for ...What?...

I have never spent a night alone in my long life & do not intend now to ever do so ...hopefully.

Pat

Ann, I remember reminding Jim Collins to remove Gerry Traynor from the Exiles address list, as someone had , on here, reported his death.

Dabbler, Oh dear. Didn't know about that one. To all Concerned - I AM ALAIVE AND WELL.

Guessed that, 'friend'; Joe. btw, for my up to date news, check my Facebook page.

Since writing the above, i HAVE ACCEPTED Pamela as a 'friend' on Facebook. She appears to be retired from USAF. That almost makes me smile through the grief of learning that my dearly loved daughter-in-law has breast cancer.

Dabbler, I am very sorry indeed to hear the news about your daughter-in-law. I am sure she is devastated, as I know I would be in the circumstances. However, as you know, so much can be done now if the cancer is discovered early enough. Let's hope, in this case, it was.

Dabbler, Excuse my ignorance, but what is USAF?????? So sorry to hear the bad news about your daughter-in-law.She is the second lady I have heard of this week with breast cancer. Will they ever beat this illness? It's snowing in Banbridge! Pam

Facebook = Pamela Martin, ABOUT - USAF, retired. UNITED STATES AIR FORCE is the only one I know.
There are many different cancers. My wife survived Non Hodgkins Lymphoma several years ago. While waiting to find out which type etc; our brave girl will have a holiday.

Ann
Dabbler, Oh dear. Didn't know about that one. To all Concerned - I AM ALAIVE AND WELL.
r a

Ann,

See you have changed your accent " Alaive," POSH for alive.?

Pat

Dabs,

We never know what tomorrow will bring, good or bad. Always sad to hear of illness, but these days miracles are happening in medicine.
Keep positive & know all things are possible.

Pat

Pat, after hearing my voice on the radio I decided to improve my diction.