Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
Jacko
Lift to training
Can anybody pick me up for training, my car is in the garage and the missus is on nights, so I've got a babysitter to cover but need a lift there........
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2010 11:58am
by Loveday
Weds 22nd, Sun 26th & Weds 29th September
We definitely don't have a match this coming Sunday, and at the moment it looks highly unlikely that we will be able to arrange a Rovers Vets' Team Friendly match either, because we don't have a pitch ourselves and we cannot find any opponents with a pitch who do not...
Views: 614   Replies: 25
Last Post: Sep 25, 2010 6:56pm
by Laurence
Fixtures Just Received
Sunday 3rd October...Away to Wormley Rovers Sunday 10th October...Home to Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys Sunday 17th October...T.B.A. (on Wednesday 6th October or thereabouts) Sunday 24th October...Home to Kensington Athletic (London F.A. Sunday Intermediate Cup)
Views: 225   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 23, 2010 1:57pm
by Jacko
We Are 'Too Nice' !?
One or two of our 'more competitive' players have been complaining over the past few days that we are 'too nice' as a team and that's why we have lost our first two League matches this season. We are not 'nasty' or 'hard' enough...and here's the proof ! Surprisingly...
Views: 392   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 23, 2010 1:55pm
by Laurence
j
Jacko
I was a twat
Hey I am sorry for my reaction tonight, I just got totally fucked off with the way things were going. we had the attack Vs defence, which I still think is a great exercise and although I did not have to do too much I enjoyed it. We then had the 7 a side game...
Views: 278   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 23, 2010 11:49am
by Rob
Legionnaires' disease
Laurence is out filming tonight so asked me to post the following urgent message. He has received a phone call from Enfield Council asking him to warn all our players that they have discovered that the showers at Hazelwood are infected with Legionnaires' disease....
Views: 326   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 22, 2010 3:25pm
by Laurence
Lost !
Just washed & sorted out the kit, etc, from Sunday and we lost one Mitre Tactic training ball, a pair of club shinpads and two full reels of black sock tape. How ?!!! Total waste of club money.
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2010 2:35pm
by Laurence
Rovers Veterans Match ? - Sunday 26th September
At the moment, we have no match arranged for Sunday 26th September and by all accounts we are unlikely to be given one at short notice. I am therefore looking to try and a arrange a first-ever Edmonton Rovers Veterans match on that date instead, and I am looking for...
Views: 597   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 20, 2010 12:35pm
by lee osborn
Squad v. Turnford Geese (Away) - Sunday 19th September
This coming Sunday we are Away to Turnford Geese at Wormley Playing Fields in another Division One match. Most of our players should know how to get there by now as we have played there enough times, but if not, the postcode is EN10 7QF...albeit for a barn about hal...
Views: 648   Replies: 24
Last Post: Sep 20, 2010 8:11am
by Terry Brown
KEEPERS BE AWARE
Keepers take note!!!! http://video.uk.msn.com/browse/news/week-in-video?VideoID=1j4q6fb9q&PlayerSize=Small&from=homepage
Views: 212   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 18, 2010 7:11pm
by Laurence
Training - Wednesday 15th September
This coming Wednesday night, we are having our first midweek training session (during a season) for about 6 years. It is something that most of our players have been demanding for ages, so hopefully they will make an effort to turn up on a regular basis. We have b...
Views: 474   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 16, 2010 7:27pm
by Jacko
Broomfield Clubhouse Membership & Training Costs
I have started a new thread for this to make things easier. I have just been over Hazelwood and had a chat with the Broomfield Manager. He was over there helping the Council groundsmen put the pitches up. (I'll report on that on the AFC Cheshunt match thread). He...
Views: 338   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 11:23pm
by Laurence
Squad v AFC Cheshunt (Sunday 12th September 2010)
The squad for the AFC Cheshunt match next Sunday is as follows: [Simon Jackson (GK) Ozel Ozerman (GK) Jim Arrowsmith Alan Barnard Terry Brown Steve Cokell Stuart Dorward Danny Hagan Lexton Harrison Lee King Jamie Martin Terry Moore Vernon ‘Kizza&...
Views: 675   Replies: 33
Last Post: Sep 11, 2010 4:20pm
by oz
Midweek Training Sessions
At the moment, it looks like we have enough current and prospective new players willing to attend training more-or-less every week from this coming Thursday night onwards. However, finding a floodlit grass or Astroturf area (e.g. half a full-size pitch) to use bet...
Views: 599   Replies: 29
Last Post: Sep 11, 2010 1:06am
by Olie
j
Jacko
Just a thought.............
AGM - Trev's snooker room - Fancy dress - Footballers from the past????
Views: 275   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 11:05am
by stu
Squad for First League Match Of The Season (Sunday 5th September)
This coming Sunday sees us playing our first ORC Sports Waltham (Sunday) Football League Division One match of the season Away to East Herts. Yes I know. We couldn't have been given a harder fixture ! East Herts now play at a different Home ground as the old St....
Views: 561   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 4, 2010 6:46pm
by Danny Hagan
interest for rovers
Good morning Edmonton Rovers FC, I have very excitement in contacting you to fulfil my dream of playing football one time again, I now living in dalston london and after many years I want to have opportunity of playing the beautiful game one more. In my childhood I h...
Views: 311   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 3, 2010 12:00pm
by Joseph Agebenyi ...
7 a side result - Thursday 2nd September 2010
Our final 7 a side match of the summer was against 1664 who were second in the table. It was the last opportunity to trial new players before the start of the season so regulars Alan Barnard, Terry Moore, Danny Smith and Lee King were joined by goalkeeper Ozel Ozerm...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2010 10:26pm
by Trevor Hughes
Squad For 7-a-Side This Thursday (2nd September...8.30.p.m.)
This coming Thursday sees us play our last 7-a-side League match of the Summer at the Southgate Hockey Centre. It is an 8.30.p.m. kick-off. Our opponents are 1664, who are a new team in Division Three of our League on Sundays, but they beat us 3-2 at 7-a-side earlie...
Views: 399   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 2, 2010 4:41pm
by Laurence
lost gear
Lol, you haven't by any chance come across a pair of old skool looking white shin pads and some white nike netty looking supports in the dirty kit av ya?
Views: 224   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 30, 2010 10:11pm
by Jacko
Squad For Pre-Season Friendly v. Sporting Enfield (Sunday 29th August)
This coming Sunday sees us playing Edmonton Sunday League Division Three side SPORTING ENFIELD in our last Pre-Season Friendly of the Summer. This game is being played at Enfield Playing Fields with an 11.00.a.m. kick-off (as that is what time Edmonton Sunday League...
Views: 727   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 28, 2010 8:38pm
by Laurence
Registered Players Update
Just had a phone call from Denis Coventry saying that Daley's photo is (predictably) not acceptable because his head is too big in it and the background is more of a mottled grey than plain white. That means he will not be registered for our first League match on...
Views: 313   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 28, 2010 8:51am
by Laurence
j
Jacko
FaceDoubles
Now I've just made a start here and may add some more, just remember its not me that has pick them, its the computer............ http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6380941&l=c33d72cc5c&id=589133626
Views: 310   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 25, 2010 10:37pm
by stu
Apologies For My Rant !
I would like to apologise to all our players for the e-mail(s) I sent out yesterday. The replies I have had back this morning are all correct. I am going way over the top and inadvertently destroying the team spirit we are slowly building up. Obviously I don't me...
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2010 11:12am
by Laurence
Squad For Pre-Season Friendly v. Continental (Sunday 22nd August)
This coming Sunday sees us playing Premier Division side CONTINENTAL in our 3rd Pre-Season Friendly on the grass pitch at the Southgate Hockey Centre (where we play 7-a-side on Thursday nights). 10.30.a.m. Kick-Off. As usual, we don't have a particularly clear ide...
Views: 414   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 22, 2010 6:02pm
by Laurence
No 7-a-Side OR Training This Thursday (26th August) !?
The Southgate Hockey Centre have just told us that Boca Sovereign have dropped out (not surprisingly), so that means we have no match this Thursday and therefore get another 5-0 walkover win. (Boca Sovereign's last two games have been awarded to their opponents rathe...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2010 10:18am
by Laurence
Squad For 7-a-Side This Thursday (19th August...9.00.p.m.)
This Thursday's 7-a-side League match at the Southgate Hockey Centre is against XS and it is a 9.00.p.m. Kick-Off. At the moment I have only got three definite players, which are Simon Jackson (GK), Alan Barnard & Lee King. I forgot to ask Dean Assiamah yesterday...
Views: 353   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 19, 2010 9:52pm
by Barney
emales
Lawrence me is still a wanting you two converse with me over the probability of a trail. I was not had a emale from yous to answer me remarks i duplicated to last massage to other club oficals and them has not bein intooch ither. if you need a conviction then you...
Views: 751   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 19, 2010 11:12am
by Jacko
j
Jacko
iPhone app
Lol, what are the chances of you creating an iPhone app for rovers? We could then all stay in touch all of the time....???
Views: 258   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 18, 2010 4:40pm
by Darryl
Squad For Pre-Season Friendly v. Cetinkaya Cinar (Sunday 15th August)
This coming Sunday sees us playing top Cypriot (KOPA) Sunday League side CETINKAYA CINAR in another Pre-Season Friendly on the grass pitch at the Southgate Hockey Centre (where we play 7-a-side on Thursday nights). 10.30.a.m. Kick-Off. Tem and/or Oz will have to tel...
Views: 486   Replies: 18
Last Post: Aug 15, 2010 8:05am
by Laurence
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Free Forum powered by Bravenet