THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For 7-a-Side This Thursday (2nd September...8.30.p.m.)

This coming Thursday sees us play our last 7-a-side League match of the Summer at the Southgate Hockey Centre. It is an 8.30.p.m. kick-off.
Our opponents are 1664, who are a new team in Division Three of our League on Sundays, but they beat us 3-2 at 7-a-side earlier this Summer despite playing most of the match with only 6 men after an early sending-off.
We fielded a strong side for that match and they were the best team we have played so far this Summer (in my opinion).
The current Thursday Night League Table is here. (Click on 'Thursday Football League 2010' from that link).
Wood Green Old Boys have already won the title, but I would still expect 1664 to turn up and be fired up to beat us.
I therefore want to pick as strong a squad as possible, as Trevor will need to use this game as a good fitness test for our first 11-a-side League match of the season this coming Sunday.

The squad of 8 is therefore as follows (subject to availability):
Ozel Ozerman (GK)
Oz's two ex-Semi-Pro mates who want to join us
Steve Sivathasan
(Wants to join us now instead of Churchbury)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Jim Arrowsmith
Stuart Dorward

If any of those 8 are unavailable, then the replacements will be in the following order (Subject to availability):
Danny Hagan
Lee King
Danny Smith
Tony King
Olie Tedder

then Anybody else who lets me know they want a game
Obviously if Oz cannot play, then Jacko will (hopefully) go in goal. Trev does not want Jacko getting injured for Sunday though as Darryl is away on holiday, so that is why we are leaving him out at the moment. Also, we want Oz to bring his mates along.

A lot of players told me that they are not available because they are either working late or training with Saturday teams, and that may well apply to some of those I have named above.

Re: Squad For 7-a-Side This Thursday (2nd September...8.30.p.m.)

ok - ankle injury permitting. should be ok for thurs

Danny Smith 'desperately' wants to play (a full game !? ) in this, so (having spoken to Trev) I am now putting him in the squad instead of Jim, who will now be on standby.

I'll be there.
Cheers
Barney

How have i been dropped without saying a word?? Now i know how Bellamy feels. I want a free transfer to the Cardiff Scout X1.

No problem regarding Thursday - I wanted to play golf anyway.

Barney, Terry Moore, Danny Smith, Stuart & Steve Sivathasan have all confirmed they are playing.
Oz said he will let me know about his mates early this evening.

Can Danny Hagan let me know if he is playing for Crouch End Vampires tomorrow night or not ?
He will be needed for 7-a-side if one or both of Oz's mates cannot play.

Playing in a friendly thursday, sorry.

gents....gonna have to drop out for tonight cos of said ankle injury. if i have any chance of being fit for sunday then its best rested!

Laurence
Barney, Terry Moore, Danny Smith, Stuart & Steve Sivathasan have all confirmed they are playing.
Oz said he will let me know about his mates early this evening.
Oz didn't phone or text me back last night, so I don't know what's happening at the moment.
We must NOT 'non-fulfil' this fixture and waste £36 of the club's money !

Oz is playing tonight and bringing one of his mates. I think he said his name is Rory Richards.

I have also got Lee King to play instead of Stuart.

Oz's two mobile phones are not working at the moment, so I have tried to contact Steve Sivathasan on Facebook to tell him to bring that mate of his who was with him on the touchline on Sunday asking to join us...the bloke covered in tattoos and wearing about 50 ear-rings !?
Hope there's enough room in Trev's valuables bag if Mr. Wildgoose is our Referee tonight.

Steve's mate cannot play, so we definitely only have a squad of seven, which is as follows:
Ozel Ozerman (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Danny Smith
Steve Sivathasan
Rory Richards
Lee King

The problem is, I am pretty sure that Steve will not last a full game and I don't know how fit Rory Richards is.
I really don't want to have to play myself against this lot as they are a very good side and I am well unfit at the moment.

Is there anybody else who could play instead of me ?

It's o.k.
Sorted.

Steve has got another mate to play.
Don't know what his real name is, but they call him 'Rooney' apparently.