THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad v. Turnford Geese (Away) - Sunday 19th September

This coming Sunday we are Away to Turnford Geese at Wormley Playing Fields in another Division One match.
Most of our players should know how to get there by now as we have played there enough times, but if not, the postcode is EN10 7QF...albeit for a barn about half a mile up the road !
If players need to meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre and travel in convoy, they must be ready to leave there at 9.30.a.m.

However, at the moment there is a bit of doubt as to whether the game will go ahead, as I understand that a member of Turnford Geese's Management team passed away on Saturday morning. They did not have a game arranged on Sunday (12th September) anyway, but they may still be too upset to play this coming Sunday. Obviously, we fully understand their decision if that is the case and send them our sympathies.

Trevor phoned me from Cyprus today (Sunday) to discuss the squad for next week's match (should it go ahead), and we have decided to name 18 players at the moment who all appear to be available.
These are as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Ozel Ozerman
Alan Barnard
Martin Loveday
Stuart Dorward
Rob Brown
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith
Terry Brown
Tony King
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Steve Cokell
Dean Assiamah
Lee King
Lexton Harrison
Conor McGovern
Rory Richards
Olie Tedder

Terry Moore, Jim Arrowsmith, Andrew Warmerdam, Darryl Johnson & Tem Adil are all unavailable, while Jamie Martin has been left out for the time being because he let us down against AFC Cheshunt with a Sunday morning cry-off.

If nobody drops out from the 18 listed (which is highly unlikely as one or two players have niggling injuries), then we will leave Olie Tedder & Ozel Ozerman out and name five outfield substitutes.

For our next match on the 3rd October though, we may well start dropping players who have not paid their Annual Subs at all or in full yet...there are 8 players who that currently applies to..., while attendance and performance at our forthcoming Wednesday night training sessions will also be taken into consideration. We have already started leaving players out for dropping out of the squad on Sunday mornings, and if we want to win a trophy this season, we have to start instilling more discipline like this.
You have been warned !

Re: Squad v. Turnford Geese (Away) - Sunday 19th September

Available

Available

Available.

Iam happy to come along and run the flag if u want and if iam need to play I play :)

Available

I'm going to see Teds Platonic Lust Tin saturday but will be available :)

Just to confirm that this Sunday's match is definitely going ahead.
There will be a minute's silence before the kick-off for the Turnford Geese Manager, who passed away on Saturday.

I'd like to think i'll be fit enough but i'm not 100% convinced as i've been in a little bit of pain just walking
( Pussy Boy i know )

I'm going to do a couple of runs later this week and let you know

Ta Ta

Unavailable - thought I'd told you I'm at a wedding on Sunday

Magoo
Unavailable - thought I'd told you I'm at a wedding on Sunday
You did...in an e-mail after I had named the squad on here.

No worries. We should have enough for this Sunday.

Oz
Iam happy to come along and run the flag if u want and if iam need to play I play :)

nice one Oz...good work.

Available

Hamstring feels fine, I will be able to play on Sunday.

We have only got 9 players at the moment (including two goalkeepers), as the following players were not at training and have not confirmed their availability on here or by e-mail/text:
Danny Smith
Tony King
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Terry Brown
(Subject to a fitness test)
Lexton Harrison
Lee King
Dean Assiamah
Olie Tedder

I will predict now that only four of those will get in touch of their own accord with two of them saying they are not playing on Sunday, and the others will then need to be chased up in order to avoid us having to play with a bare eleven including Oz as an outfield player. I just have a nasty feeling it is going to be one of those weeks judging by the pathetic turnout at training last night.

By the way, Rory Richards MUST be put in the starting line-up for this match in my opinion...and the opinion of everybody else who bothered to turn up to training last night.
We must start rewarding players who turn up to training, especially if they are a decent player.

Yeah im available if needed as you said in previous post if you've got enough me or oz to drop out so let me know, cheers.

To be honest I'm slightly annoyed as to how I'm the one who will get axed from the squad as I feel I am othe better players and I'm not even given the respect of playing in my true position as a centre forward. Roll on the january transfer window!

To be honest I'm slightly annoyed as to how I'm the one who will get axed from the squad as I feel I am othe better players and I'm not even given the respect of playing in my true position as a centre forward. Roll on the january transfer window!

JUST TO CLARIFY THE ABOVE MESSAGE WASNT POSTED BY MYSELF OBVIOUSLY BY DANNY HAGAN, YOU CAN TELL LAU DUE TO THE IP ADDRESS

cheers

Real Olie

JUST TO CLARIFY THE ABOVE MESSAGE WASNT POSTED BY MYSELF OBVIOUSLY BY DANNY HAGAN, YOU CAN TELL LAU DUE TO THE IP ADDRESS

cheers
you can clearly see here lau that is isn't olie - its cesc fabregas having a wind up. The picture is the biggest give away. But I agree we don't utilise olies pace to our advantage. Stick him up top as a ball over the top option

had a 5 mile cyclen ride this morn and the calf injury suffered on Sunday isn't good! AT BEST....fitness test Sunday before game

Available

Well at the moment, unless some people get their arses into gear, the team for Sunday is a bare eleven as follows:
Jacko (GK); Olie (RB), Barney (CH), Loveday (CH), Oz (LB); Me (RM), Rob (CM), Hagan (CM), Tony King (LM); Rory (CF), Cokell (CF)

I am not chasing anybody up as I am too busy. Somebody else will have to do that.
Trev gets home from holiday tonight/tomorrow morning.

Stuart has now definitely dropped out, but Lee, Dean & Smithy have now all got in touch to ask 'Is there a game tomorrow ?'
I am picking Lee & Dean up. Smithy was asking 'Who's dropped out ?', so I am not telling him. (He is not on the internet at the moment apparently).

I have not heard anything from Kizza, Lexton or Terry Brown, so I have no idea if they are playing or not.
If they don't turn up, we will still have a decent eleven starting the game, but with only Olie and Oz as subs.

Terry Brown is fit to play.
Just waiting for Lexton & Kizza to get in touch now.

Lexton is playing. Kizza is injured.

Sorry guys i didnt make the game as i was stuck in south London with no wallet and had no way of getting back in time, Sorry boys!