THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Legionnaires' disease

Laurence is out filming tonight so asked me to post the following urgent message.

He has received a phone call from Enfield Council asking him to warn all our players that they have discovered that the showers at Hazelwood are infected with Legionnaires' disease.

According to the dictionary this is 'a serious, sometimes fatal, infection caused by a bacterium which has symptoms similar to those of pneumonia.'

You are advised to go to your GP as soon as possible if you have these symptoms.

The games at Hazelwood next Sunday have been cancelled so that they can fumigate the showers. Fortunately, we are training at Enfield Playing Fields. Hopefully, an epidemic will not break out on Saturday night leaving us with four players at training on Sunday!

Re: Legionnaires' disease

Just to add to this that the three matches that were due to be played at Hazelwood this Sunday have all been moved to Enfield Playing Fields, so it's going to be pretty crowded over there on Sunday and there won't be much chance of us finding an unused pitch to train on.
It therefore might be an idea to train at Hazelwood instead, as the pitches won't be used.
We won't be able to put a net up or use the changing rooms though.

Enfield Council have told me that the changing rooms & showers at Hazelwood will be made safe to use by the 3rd October.
I have not had the fixtures through yet, but I would expect us to be at home on that date.

Not being funny but should we not be phoning around players that may not be using the forum to inform them?

have you told the oppo as well....AFC Cheshunt??

F*ck em

stu
have you told the oppo as well....AFC Cheshunt??
No, because I was filming Sutton v. Harrow last night and their Secretary is not on the internet...otherwise I would have e-mailed him when I got home.
Will phone him this evening.

To answer Loveday's question, those of our players who played against AFC Cheshunt but don't go on the Forum will all be there tonight...not that any of them have a shower anyway !
If they were feeling ill with Legionnaires Disease, they would have let me know by now that they are not coming training.