THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I was a twat

Hey

I am sorry for my reaction tonight, I just got totally fucked off with the way things were going.

we had the attack Vs defence, which I still think is a great exercise and although I did not have to do too much I enjoyed it.

We then had the 7 a side game, which I understand is good for the outfield players, although not great for keepers, not a full size goal etc.......

I then asked Trev for the last 10 mins of our time to be used as shooting practice, so that I got 10 mins of a good work out. Trev said OK, and next goal wins in the 7 a side and we'll do it. Well, it had been about 6/7 mins since a goal and therefore likely for that to be the case again.

When it was decided that we should just do the shooting practice, Trev told me that no one wanted to.

I just then got angry, fuck me, i'd given 50mins of my time to help the team etc, but it seemed as though me asking for 10mins was outta order.

Remember it has been me picking the ball outta the net each week and to be honest I fucking hate it and I'd rather not do it, but if I or any other keeper gets no practice how the fuck are we meant to improve and stop the issue????

Anyway sorry again, my bad, but I just feel that I have no chance to improve myself if I don't get much ball in hand etc..............

Re: I was a twat

100% behind you on this, there was some who didnt want to so those lot could have done something else like 2 touch keep ball and those who wanted to shoot could do so i know for sure myself and loveday wanted to but management should have dealt with this and organised an excersise for the others.

however i know your game mate you got plenty of 'ball in hand' in the car park, thats why you left so eagerly...i knew it was stan collymore in the vauxhall vellox i see parked up in the corner of the car park all alone.

I cannot understand why people do not want shooting practice. How many goals have we scored this season around the edge of the box? Jacko, i will try to make some weeks so we can work on stuff but Wednesdays are really hard for me to get there. If not, come with me to EBOGS. Get plenty of practice/training there.
Trev, you should have made a few people who need the shooting practice to help Jacko, otherwise training for him is a waste. Rant over. Now then, are we training Sunday??

I will offer my apologies to Jacko although I agree he was a t**t for walking off. We actually did shooting practice for 10 minutes and hopefully Oz benefited from the practice.

I was obviously out of practice at organising the session and I was surprised, although pleased, by the good turnout. I thought the first part of the training was good and it gave me ideas how to improve on that. We had the perfect number for 7 a side and it was obvious that some players were struggling with 2 touch so we definately needed to do that as there is a need to improve that aspect of our football.

When Jacko asked for shooting practice I felt that there were too many players to do it for 10 minutes but I was unprepared to split the players into two groups. Hopefully, we will get a good turnout at future sessions and I promise to be better prepared to organise it.

On Sunday we will have 2 hours training so plenty of time to do different things.

All water under the bridge now.........

Lets just forget it and move forward, the best way to do that is to fucking win our next game!!!!!!

You're all tarts!