THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Pre-Season Friendly v. Sporting Enfield (Sunday 29th August)

This coming Sunday sees us playing Edmonton Sunday League Division Three side SPORTING ENFIELD in our last Pre-Season Friendly of the Summer.
This game is being played at Enfield Playing Fields with an 11.00.a.m. kick-off (as that is what time Edmonton Sunday League games kick-off).
However, as we have to put nets up, we will be meeting in the Donkey Lane end car park at 10.00.a.m.
Sporting Enfield will be bringing one net and we will be bringing the other. (That's how they do it for all matches in the Edmonton Sunday League). We will then have time for a proper warm-up after we have put the nets up.
We will not know what pitch we are on until we get there. There will be a board up outside the Donkey Lane end changing rooms, even though the changing rooms and showers are shut for refurbishments. It is therefore unlikely that we will have a drink after this match, as players will have to go straight home (in their kit ) for a shower before they go round the in-laws for their Sunday roast.
...and in the club kit bag for our first League match the following week will be just 10 shirts, 10 shorts & 10 pairs of socks because players will 'forget' to bring the kit they took home with them. Not that it will matter too much as we will probably only have 10 men anyway on the 5th September the way things are going !

Trevor has named a squad of 16 for the Sporting Enfield match this Sunday as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Olie Tedder
Stuart Dorward
Martin Loveday
Andrew Warmerdam
Lexton Harrison
Terry Moore
Dean Assiamah
Rob Brown
Danny Hagan
Terry Brown
Tony King
Lee King
Daniel Daley
Jamie Martin

However, it is almost certain that some of those players will drop out with illnesses (poss. Stuart & Loveday), injuries (poss. Jacko, Darryl & Lexton) and family commitments (poss. Warmers, Rob & Terry Brown & Tony King...because it is an 11.00 k.o. instead of 10.30 ?), so we would also like the following players (or the people who are bringing them along) to confirm their availability as well (if they are not doing anything else and want to play), either on here, by e-mail or by text:
Conor McGovern
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Julian Carvey
Ozel Ozerman (GK)

& the two ex-Semi-Pro mates Oz is supposed to be bringing along.
Rob Pattwell (a prospective new player who phoned me last night...plays in Division One of the Spartan South Midlands League on Saturdays).
& any other prospective new players who are not already registered with other clubs in our League for this season. (I will be e-mailing our players about that shortly).

The following players are definitely not available:
Alan Barnard (Doing a London-Hastings cycle ride)
Jim Arrowsmith (Doing the same London-Hastings cycle ride)
Danny Smith (Away for the weekend)
Tem Adil (Toe injury)
Steve Cokell (Moving House)

I don't know much about Sporting Enfield other than the Division and the League they are in for the coming season. The Edmonton Sunday League have wiped off last season's Final League Tables from their website and don't have an Archive section.
They admit themselves though that they will be nowhere near as good as the three very strong Premier Division sides we have played in our Friendlies so far, although it is more than likely they will turn up with a much bigger squad than we will have on the day.

Re: Squad For Pre-Season Friendly v. Sporting Enfield (Sunday 29th August)

Ankle was iced Y'day, not feeling too bad this morning, should be fine, but I'll confirm on Thursday.

FINGER ME!!!!

I am not available i am away this weekend. thought i may have broken a bone in my foot but turns out to be bad bruising so will not be available for 2- 4 weeks.

Jacko cant believe a 6ft 2" goal keeper is having to ice is ankle all over a mole popping up to watch the game.

smithy
Jacko cant believe a 6ft 2" goal keeper is having to ice is ankle all over a mole popping up to watch the game.
I brought a trowel along for someone to sort out those molehills (and foxholes...and dogshit) before the game.
Who wasn't doing their job properly ?!

Yeah wouldn't stand for any of that at the tough guy challenege jacko, you'd get your lunch money nicked from the big boys for that. I'm also available

Available, with my soft, padded socks

You can all lick my ring.......None of you pussies could cope with ToughGuy!!!!

Yohimbe!!!!!

See ya Sunday, went for a jog this morning, felt ok, even threw a few jumps in as well, I must have looked like a right Kant!!

See you Sunday

Steve Cokell is now available for this Sunday.
I have told him he is definitely in the squad. I presume that is o.k. with you, Trev ?

Too early for me I'm afraid (in terms of injury rehabilitation not time!)

Have started playing Powerleague 5-a-side again (obviously no slide tackles) so it's a good format for me to build up strength & get confident on the knee again. Week by week it has been improving but it is by no means perfect yet.

Will keep you posted.

Can't make it this week Lol, good luck.

Slight change of plan for this Sunday now.
There are changing rooms open for us...in the Central Pavilion, so we will therefore now be meeting there at 10.00.a.m. and not at the Donkey Lane end.
It is therefore best to park in the Ladysmith Road car park.
Somehow I think there are going to be a lot of mobile phone calls being made at 10.15.a.m. this Sunday morning with players asking 'Where is everybody ?'
...eh, Mr. Hagan !

We are not sure if the showers will be in use though.
(Sorry Jacko )

Thread now tidied up so that we can get back on track with checking availability for this Sunday.

Sorry to spoil the 'fun' !

We only have 8 players who have confirmed their availability so far. That includes two goalkeepers and a player who seems to be saying he has to leave at 12.00.p.m. to go to a Wedding !?

We are still waiting to hear if the following players are playing or not:
Stuart Dorward (Last-minute decision depending on whether he has recovered from a virus ?)
Olie Tedder (Did he say 'see you next week' last Sunday ?)
Jamie Martin (Did he say 'see you next week' last Sunday ?)
Lexton Harrison (Is he injured from last Sunday ?)
Andrew Warmerdam (Stuart said he was going to phone him)
Lee King (I will text him to arrange to give him a lift. I presume he is playing as he didn't say last week that he wouldn't be).
Dean Assiamah (Same as Lee)
Julian Carvey (Kizza is playing this Sunday and said he would find out if Julian can come along as well. Still waiting to hear).
Rob Pattwell (Prospective new player. I will probably have to phone him to find out if he is still interested. Hope he hasn't been put off by all those e-mail arguments !? )
Ozel Ozerman (GK) (Was supposed to have two good players who are interested in joining, so we will definitely need to take a look at them this Sunday if they are available).

Looks like I am going to have to spend most of Friday texting people.

I will be there, without a hangover aswell lau lol

olie
I will be there, without a hangover aswell lau lol
. Bollocks u cunt!

cant make it this week will come nexted week with mates sorry

oz
cant make it this week will come nexted week with mates sorry
They won't be able to play next week as they won't be registered. It's our first League match.

Can they play 7-a-side this Thursday ?
8.30.p.m. kick-off ?

The squad for tomorrow is now as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Simon Jackson (GK)
Olie Tedder
Tony Webb
(ex-Cheshunt Sunday defender)
Stuart Dorward
Terry Moore
Rob Pattwell
(Spartan South Midlands League player)
Lexton Harrison (Can only play the First Half though. )
Danny Hagan
Rob Brown
Terry Brown
Steve Cokell
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Lee King
Jamie Martin

& possibly Dean Assiamah, Julian Carvey & a mate of Lee King's.

Obviously it's pretty unlikely that all 18 will turn up, but we shouldn't have the same problems with a lack of numbers that we had last week.
Everybody will get at least 45 minutes.