THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Apologies For My Rant !

I would like to apologise to all our players for the e-mail(s) I sent out yesterday.
The replies I have had back this morning are all correct. I am going way over the top and inadvertently destroying the team spirit we are slowly building up.

Obviously I don't mean to do that. It's only because I simply don't like losing any match and I don't like it when other teams are far more organised than us with bigger and better squads of players who are far more committed.
I want us to be the best...and it will always be that way with me.
As I have said before, the reason for that is purely because my job is filming other teams winning Cup Finals and League Titles and it hurts me badly that we have not looked remotely like doing so for the last 23 years. Yes...23 years !!!

One of the replies to my e-mails was that me 'slagging people off' will stop players from joining. Wrong I'm afraid. What stops good players from joining is when they turn up and find out we haven't won anything for 23 years because too many of our players cry off on a Saturday/night Sunday morning every week because they 'play for fun'.

If our players want to continue just playing for fun and are not too bothered if sometimes we cannot field a team, I won't be happy but I won't walk away and fold the club up.
I just sent the e-mails out yesterday because it appeared to me that we were going to take things a bit more seriously this season with the warm-ups before matches and getting players to stay for a drink afterwards, etc.
If everybody is unconcerned with the 'unprofessional' things that happened on Sunday that I was complaining about, then fine. I'll try not to complain again and we'll just treat it as 'typical Sunday football' (as Rob rightly said in his reply).

Don't worry everybody. I will have my enthusiasm back by Sunday.