THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For 7-a-Side This Thursday (19th August...9.00.p.m.)

This Thursday's 7-a-side League match at the Southgate Hockey Centre is against XS and it is a 9.00.p.m. Kick-Off.

At the moment I have only got three definite players, which are Simon Jackson (GK), Alan Barnard & Lee King.
I forgot to ask Dean Assiamah yesterday if he is working again this Thursday night, but if he is not, then he will definitely be in the squad.

The others who I would like to play (because they missed yesterday's Friendly or haven't been playing much recently and need the practice...or need to sign up !) are Olie Tedder, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Julian Carvey & Danny Smith.
Olie and Kizza have said they will let me know by Wednesday.

If some of those listed above cannot play, then Martin Loveday should play instead if he wants to be left out next Sunday.
If anybody else wants to play 7-a-side this Thursday (if needed), please let me know.

Re: Squad For 7-a-Side This Thursday (19th August...9.00.p.m.)

available

I'm fine for this.

I am not available at all this Thursday.

I know that I said I could possibly play if we were short but unfortunately the missus is now going out on Thurs and I will be stuck indoors on dad duties.

We only have five players for this at the moment, namely Jacko, Barney, Lee King, Dean & Terry Moore.
I can play if necessary to make six, but if nobody else can play, then Trev will have to play in a 'bare seven'.

Danny Smith and Olie are not playing and I am getting no reply from Kizza.
I tried Jim but he can't play either.

Can anybody else help out ?
How is Danny Hagan's achilles ?

Kizza is training with a Ryman League club again, so that means no Julian Carvey again.

We definitely only have seven including myself and Trevor.
I can't do any more myself to find players for this match, so it's up to you lot. We are not going to 'non-fulfil' it.

Dean is now out injured for tomorrow night's game, but he should be o.k. for Sunday.

Down to 6 including myself & Trevor now !

No joy with Paul Weaver he is away

Don't expect me to suddenly find another three players for tonight by the way. I have exhausted all options and there appears to be nobody else available whatsoever.

'Somebody' is going to have to start phoning and texting people to play before they get home, eat and get into 'Sofa Mode'...otherwise it's just 6 including myself & Trev !

Best result we have had all Summer...The SHC have just phoned to say that XS cannot get a team out for tonight's match, so we have got the points !!!

It's down the gym or a 5-mile run/20-mile cycle ride for Jacko, Barney, Terry & Lee then...and back to website editing for me !

Rats, i was going to make myself available - is there a discount on the seasons subs for players making themselves available for tonights game?

Laurence
Best result we have had all Summer...The SHC have just phoned to say that XS cannot get a team out for tonight's match, so we have got the points !!!

It's down the gym or a 5-mile run/20-mile cycle ride for Jacko, Barney, Terry & Lee then...and back to website editing for me !
Just think of all those Jazz Funk classics that you can listen to the match highlights you can edit instead of playing...