THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for First League Match Of The Season (Sunday 5th September)

This coming Sunday sees us playing our first ORC Sports Waltham (Sunday) Football League Division One match of the season Away to East Herts. Yes I know. We couldn't have been given a harder fixture !

East Herts now play at a different Home ground as the old St. Mary's School in Cheshunt (where we played them last season) is soon to be demolished.
They now play just round the corner from there at Goffs Lane Playing Fields...on Pitch One.
As far as I know, that is the very small pitch in the top left-hand corner of the map next to Dark Lane. (If you zoom in a bit, you will see it is another 'pissed groundsman' job !?
The last time we played at this venue (on that same pitch in fact) was way back in the mid-90's. That was because it has not been used since because of severe waterlogging. In that respect, we are lucky we are playing East Herts Away on the first day of the season !

To get to Goffs Lane Playing Fields from Enfield, go up the A10 and across the M25 junction, then turn left at the next roundabout towards Flamstead End (Lieutenant Ellis Way). At the bottom, turn right into Goffs Lane. The ground is on the right after Broxbourne Borough F.C., Goffs School, then Dark Lane.
There is a small car park inside the ground, but you will have to get there early to get a space as there will be two other games going on over there.
As we are now planning to continue our proper pre-match warm-ups though, all players should be there by 9.45.a.m. (It is a 10.30.a.m. Kick-Off).
As far as I know, Goffs Lane itself is now all double yellow lines. (We used to be able to park in Goffs Lane back in the 90's).

If players need a lift or are not sure where they are going, we will meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.20.a.m., ready to leave there at 9.30 the latest.

As for the squad, Trevor will now be coming on here every Sunday night/Monday morning this season to announce it himself !
(I keep pissing too many people off and 'get things wrong' when I announce it on here for him. )

Re: Squad for First League Match Of The Season (Sunday 5th September)

This was posted by Trevor earlier on in a separate thread. Now copied here.

The squad for the East Herts match next Sunday is as follows:

Simon Jackson (GK)
Ozel Ozerman (GK)
Jim Arrowsmith
Dean Assiamah
Alan Barnard
Rob Brown
Terry Brown
Stuart Dorward
Danny Hagan
Tony King
Jamie Martin
Terry Moore
Vernon ‘Kizza’ Nxumalo
Danny Smith
Olie Tedder

These are the only 15 players that we have available that are registered.
Martin Loveday and Conor McGovern are registered but carrying injuries. If anyone drops out we will need them to volunteer to play through the pain barrier!

In the next few weeks we have several other players who should be available when their registrations are confirmed. Although I will be picking the strongest available squad, players will be left out if they have not paid their annual subs or have been guilty of dropping out at the last minute or just not turning up.

We look as if we are going to have a strong squad and players arriving late will also risk being dropped to the subs bench.

I look forward to seeing all the 15 players named turning up on time with their outstanding subs next Sunday.

Please confirm your availability by posting a reply on here, by e-mail, text, phone, facebook, carrier pigeon, letter etc. and most importantly turn up on Sunday.

ok

No Worries

Available

Here are some links that I forgot to put into my first message:

East Herts Squad (and ours...when Denis Coventry updates it with the players I registered last week ! )

Highlights of our Home game against East Herts on the opening day of last season.

Highlights of the Away game against them last season.

I'll be there.

As usual, most players are not confirming on here and are presumably just taking their 'See You Next Week' comments to Trev last Sunday as confirmation that they are in the squad.
This applies to Rob Brown, Terry Brown, Jamie Martin, Dean Assiamah & Olie Tedder.
We will therefore assume that they are all going to turn up...because Trev does not agree with phoning/texting/e-mailing players individually to check if they know they are in the squad.
The club rules are that if they do not have access to this Forum, they should be phoning, texting/e-mailing us to find out.

We saw Danny Smith & Ozel Ozerman last night, so we know they are o.k.
Oz said he would phone Dean and arrange to give him a lift.
Everybody else has confirmed their availability except Tony King...who has not been heard from for a few weeks due to work, family & social commitments. He may be abroad for all I know.

i'll be there.

Bearing in mind the likely lack of car parking space inside the ground on Sunday (and double-yellow lines in Goffs Lane ?), I would prefer it if everybody could make their own way to the venue instead of following in convoy from the Southbury Leisure Centre like we normally do for away matches.

I intend getting to the ground at 9.30.a.m. to make sure I get a parking space, as I do not want to have to park in Goffs School or Broxbourne Borough F.C. and have to carry the kit and my camera/tripod, etc. half a mile down the road...because of people turning up late for a Southbury meet.

The link to a Google map of the ground is on the first post of this thread, but if anybody is genuinely unsure (normally Tony, Jim & Barney ), just give me a phone at 9.30 on Sunday morning and I will direct you there.

I will be there although my hamstring pull from last week is not 100%. I'll probably have to make a couple of sprints and a couple of long passes in the warm up to see how it is.

P.S. There are no double yellows on Goffs Lane, you can park there fine all the way up on the field side of the road.

Lol I aint got a fucking scooby how to get there and if you aint meeting at southbury could you put the post code on here so I can use the sat nav please

Danny Hagan
Lol I aint got a fucking scooby how to get there and if you aint meeting at southbury could you put the post code on here so I can use the sat nav please
Believe it or not, Goffs Lane Playing Fields doesn't have a post-code !

The post-code for Goffs School though (which is on the same side of the road about 100 yards down) is EN7 5QW, so you should be pretty safe with that.

By the way...that avatar has just blown your cover !

TK
i'll be there.

Bollox!

i will be there

Fucking fabregas u cunt, couldn't you find no pictures of dean windass!?