THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Registered Players Update

Just had a phone call from Denis Coventry saying that Daley's photo is (predictably) not acceptable because his head is too big in it and the background is more of a mottled grey than plain white.

That means he will not be registered for our first League match on the 5th September unless he puts a proper passport-size photo through my door before 6.00.p.m. tomorrow (Thursday night)...which is obviously going to be impractical.
There is also still no sign of any photos from Lexton & Warmers in the post, despite me giving them stamped addressed envelopes to do so, and Steve Cokell has still not come round to sign a form.
The chances of those three doing all that before 6.00.p.m. tomorrow night and being registered for the 5th September are pretty slim I would have thought.

With Loveday out injured, that means we only have 15 players to choose from for the 5th September at the moment...and that includes Kizza (who might be working) and two goalkeepers (Jacko & Oz).

I stand by my prediction that we will be fielding a bare eleven or less in our first match due to more injuries and illnesses. It's up to you lot to pull your finger out, get these photos to me tonight or during the day tomorrow and prove me wrong.

Re: Registered Players Update

Sorry for the stupid question....but...Did Daley play last year? YES

Why the fuck does he need new photo now?

I think I've given you only one which was the year that I joined, about 2003????

Jacko
Sorry for the stupid question....but...Did Daley play last year? YES

Why the fuck does he need new photo now?

I think I've given you only one which was the year that I joined, about 2003????
Because he didn't sign the Multi-Registration Form before it had to be returned in June...along with about 20 others who played for us last year.

I have no idea why the League need a new photo if you don't sign that form, but that's the rules I'm afraid.

Every other club in the League get all their players re-signed on their Multi-Registration Forms because they all see each other socially during the Summer and/or live within about 3 miles of each other, so it's easy for them to sign the Form, but impossible for us.

...and those of our players who think 'every' Club Secretary in the League forges their players' signatures on the Multi-Reg Form and that we should do the same are talking nonsense.
Denis Coventry checks each one and he will spot that straight away.

A further update.

Lexton brought his photo round this evening (Thursday), but I was out...at the League Meeting at which I needed to hand the photo in to get him registered !

This means the only way we can get him registered for the 5th September now is for Rob Brown (or anybody else who lives in Cheshunt) to post the info through Denis Coventry's letterbox on their way home from this coming Sunday's Pre-Season Friendly...and before 2.00.p.m.
We can also get Warmers & Steve Cokell bringing a photo and signing a form respectively if they turn up and play this Sunday (in which case they will then be able to play on the 5th September as well), but Rob (or whoever) will have to wait for me to finish completing the paperwork after the match. (It will take me about 10 minutes).

As for Daley, he texted Trev a couple of nights ago and told him he is now going to sign for McKenzie Rangers...after all that ! I have no idea why.
McKenzie Rangers didn't turn up to the League Meeting tonight (£25.00 Fine !), so I couldn't ask them myself what is going on. As they weren't there to get him registered, Daley will probably not be playing for anybody on the 5th September now !
He won't need a transfer from us because Denis Coventry rejected his photo and therefore returned his registration form.

I can post whatever you need into Denis Coventry's letterbox, i may even include a turd. (I'm joking Denis should you be reading this... )

Denis is now saying that the deadline is 10.30.a.m. tomorrow (Sunday) morning, so that means that any team seeing their players for the first time this Summer tomorrow (like us in some cases) will not be able to get them registered for the first League match next Sunday by putting forms & photos in his door straight after tomorrow's Friendly matches.

I can see his point of view in not wanting masses of registrations to do in the week leading up to the season starting, but he definitely allowed a 2.00.p.m. deadline last season.

So...Steve Cokell, Warmers and any new players who play and sign up tomorrow will not be registered for next Sunday, and Lexton will only be registered if 'somebody' is prepared to drive from Edmonton to Cheshunt today and put his form & photo in Denis Coventry's letterbox...which I have not got time to do.

We therefore definitely only have 15 registered players available for the first League match at the moment...including two goalkeepers.
That's o.k. if nobody drops out, but I cannot see that happening.
The 15 does not including Gavin Mardell, myself and Tim Beeden though. We are all registered for emergencies, but if we have to play against East Herts, we will obviously have no chance of winning.

The 15 at the moment are:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Ozel Ozerman (GK)
Olie Tedder
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Jim Arrowsmith
Stuart Dorward
Dean Assiamah
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith
Rob Brown
Terry Brown
Tony King
Jamie Martin
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo[/b]
Everybody else is either injured or on holiday.