THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weds 22nd, Sun 26th & Weds 29th September

We definitely don't have a match this coming Sunday, and at the moment it looks highly unlikely that we will be able to arrange a Rovers Vets' Team Friendly match either, because we don't have a pitch ourselves and we cannot find any opponents with a pitch who do not already have a match arranged. It looks like we will have to try again later in the season.

Obviously, following yesterday's 6-1 thrashing by Turnford Geese, there was a lot of discussion about training afterwards, because the obvious reason for such a heavy defeat was a bad lack of fitness and too many new players who don't know each other.
I think we just have to accept that we are never going to get the majority of our squad at training all at the same time. We had Barney, Tony King, Olie & Lexton all saying yesterday that they cannot make Wednesday night training sessions at all (because of work in Tony, Olie & Lexton's cases), so those four therefore all want to train this coming Sunday instead.
However, most of those who can go training on Wednesday nights do not want to go training this coming Sunday because they need to earn brownie points from the missus whenever we don't have a match, or would rather work instead, or go out on the piss on Saturday night and then have a lie-in.
All we can really do then is just train to improve our fitness, especially this Sunday if there are only going to be 4 or 5 players there.

I know that training next Sunday will be free of charge, but we must train on Wednesday nights because we have already paid for it.
This coming Wednesday night (22nd September), we will not attempt the run down Snakes Lane at 8.30.p.m., as that almost certainly put people off last week. We will still have to charge £5.00 each (for the time being), but I can see no reason why the following players cannot attend for a 9.00.p.m. start this coming Wednesday, especially as Spurs v. Arsenal is being played the night before:
Simon Jackson
Ozel Ozerman
Dean Assiamah
Lee King
Rob Brown
Danny Hagan
Rory Richards
Martin Loveday
Terry Moore
Danny Smith
Paul Duffy

That's eleven, then I will also join in to make up the numbers, Trevor will be there as well this week, and it's possible that some of the following might also be able to attend (if they ignore injuries & playing/training with other teams in midweek and put themselves out to do so):
Tem Adil
Jim Arrowsmith
Terry Brown
Jamie Martin
Steve Cokell
Stuart Dorward
Darryl Johnson
Conor McGovern
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Andrew Warmerdam
Gavin Mardell
Mate of Oz's (ex-Semi-Pro)

I know it's up to Trev, but as far as I am concerned, if any players do not turn up to at least one of these three training sessions (Weds 22nd, Sun 26th or Weds 29th), then they should not be included in the squad for our next match on the 3rd October.

I was very worried yesterday when Danny Hagan walked off half-way through the Second Half yesterday, as I assumed he was angry with players not turning up to training, but I was told later that it was because he was pissed rather than pissed off, and he was only 'winding me up' !
However, if players continue to not bother turning up to training and we carry on losing like we did yesterday, then people will get pissed off and leave pretty soon and we could well end up with me and three goalkeepers having to play in a bare eleven or less for the rest of the season in order to keep the club going.
A good turnout of 10 or more at training this coming Wednesday should stop that happening and kick-start our season. Please make an effort !

Re: Weds 22nd, Sun 26th & Weds 29th September

I'll be there on Wednesday. But as we had no game on Sunday I've already committed to 'trying out' for a new club.

I'll also be there the Wednesday after too.

Ta

i HOPE to be there Wednesday - depends on how my calf is. Def wont be there next Sunday as am staying in Cambridge (buntingford would have been perfect)

I WILL be there Wednesday. I can do Sunday if anything is arranged.

I'll be there Sunday if it goes ahead.

I can do Sunday if there is enough. I definatly cannot do Wednesday nights at all.

So come on you fuckers, which of you kants is coming tomorrow, I'll be very fucking pissed off it it end up being 6 of us again, get your fucking fingers out of your fucking arses, you arse bandits!!!!!

i can do sunday

As usual ill be there, but if its the same as last week then I aint coming again until more people turn up for a minimum of 2 weeks on the spin until I return

I shall be there.

The only player who has told me by e-mail/text that he is not coming training tonight (or Sunday) is Jim, who's knee is now 'mashed' after getting injured playing on Saturday.

I will be over there tonight but I have a dead leg so not sure how much I will be able to do. I'll try and run it off and see how it goes.

I will be there and i am picking up Lex.

calf def no good...sorry chaps

Are we at Hazlewood Sunday then?

Darryl
Are we at Hazlewood Sunday then?
I'll confirm that on here tomorrow after we have discussed it tonight.

cant make these wednesdays as my saturday side has changed there training sessions to tuesdays and wednesdays but ill be ok for training this sunday

We are now definitely training at Hazelwood this Sunday, as it looks like there will be no matches going on over there because of the Legionnaire's Disease problem in the changing rooms.
It's possible (although unlikely) that Enfield Council might fix it today or tomorrow, but at the moment all three matches are supposed to be at Enfield Playing Fields instead. It's also possible that some of the six teams over there might have agreed to still play at Hazelwood and not use the changing rooms rather than wait to get in the Central Pavilion at Enfield Playing Fields to change for their matches. If that happens and all three pitches at Hazelwood are being used, we will just have to hope that there is space for us to train near the car park/river. (Those night workers that train over there from about 8.30.a.m. until 11.00.a.m. are usually on that bit).

We want everybody there at 10.00.a.m., then we will start training as soon as enough players are ready. We will aim to finish at mid-day.
Obviously we cannot use the changing rooms and I will not be bringing the key, but we are going to risk putting one net up (Trev's idea) for shooting practice. If somebody from Enfield Council is over there and tells us to take it down, then so be it. Personally, I don't think we should be using the goal at the cowshed end for shooting practice as the goalmouth is getting badly worn out already. I think we should go up the far end, or maybe even on Pitch 3.

According to my list, the only players who are not coming training this Sunday are as follows:
Jim Arrowsmith...Family Commitments & 'Mashed Knee'
Stuart Dorward...Family Commitments and Calf Injury
Simon Jackson...Watching Neds Atomic Dustbin in Stoke the night before (I think ?)
Ozel Ozerman...Working (Because we have no match)
Rory Richards...Working (Because we have no match)

I am expecting everybody else who is interested in playing for us to be there unless they inform me otherwise before Sunday. If they were not there last night, don't turn up on Sunday or next Wednesday, or don't get in touch to say why they cannot attend any of these three sessions, then they will not be picked for our next match on Sunday 3rd October.

We may also have a couple of new players there this Sunday, both of them ex-Semi-Pro's. One is a mate of Oz's and the other is a mate of Lexton's.
That 'Rooney' guy who turned up to training last night was excellent and a lot of our players were telling me to sign him up straight away, but he disappeared at the end before I had a chance to speak to him. I presume Steve Sivathasan brought him along, so is he registered with Churchbury (or any other Sunday club) ?
Steve will be playing for Churchbury this Sunday and Oz and Rory (who I think also knew 'Rooney') are working, so I am guessing that 'Rooney' will not be there at Hazelwood, but he will be training next Wednesday ?
I could sign him up in time for the 3rd October if he turns up (with a photo) on Sunday, but the deadline for the 3rd will have gone by next Wednesday.

It was good to see 14 there last night, and I don't see why we cannot get a similar turnout this Sunday.

Laurence
That 'Rooney' guy who turned up to training last night was excellent and a lot of our players were telling me to sign him up straight away, but he disappeared at the end before I had a chance to speak to him. I presume Steve Sivathasan brought him along, so is he registered with Churchbury (or any other Sunday club) ?
Unfortunately, I think this was him ?

Without sounding "gay"....impresive stats lol

You are partly right Lol.

I am going to see Ned's on Saturday night but it is in Brum...........The old Hummingbird, now a HMV venue.

You lots dunna know what your missing:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=48711028626

Jacko
You are partly right Lol.

I am going to see Ned's on Saturday night but it is in Brum...........The old Hummingbird, now a HMV venue.

You lots dunna know what your missing:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=48711028626
what a pile of shit! I'd rather watch cliff richard with my nan

not sure I'd be that keen on seeing Ciff with your nan...

Apologies chaps - can't make Sunday - arranged something else a while back when found out no game. Available next week - if selected.

Lol I aint coming training tomorrow I've took a knock to my ankle so I'd rather get the rest

Despite some of these drop-outs, according to my list we still have 16 'Should Be's' and another 5 'Might Be's', so there is no reason for anyone to think we are going to have a shit turnout and not bother...like they usually do for Sunday morning training sessions.

Please makle an effort, then we can have a worthwhile session.