Return to Website

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!

This is a general bulletin board for posting information, resources and questions regarding the dachshund. No listing of dogs for sale allowed. All posts will be removed.

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!
Start a New Topic 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
a
Anita
Doxies
I have been trying to get into a dachshund chat room and have been unable to find one. I got a dachshund a couple months ago. I grew up with dachshunds and having this new one has reawakend my love for them. He is a "tweenie" I guess, to me he looks like a miniature....
Views: 433   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 14, 2007 4:07pm
by Patt
transmitting illness human to dog
My husband was ill last night with a slight fever and nausea. TOday my Doxie is lethargic and not eating. Is it possible that she could have caught my husband's illness?
Views: 326   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 13, 2007 8:25pm
by Anita
r
Reggie
Two Male Dacshunds Together?
I currently have an 18 month old male short hair dachshund. And, I now have an opportunity to get a second male short hair dachshund puppy. I've read that it's not a good idea to have two male dogs together, in general. Is this the case with dachshunds? Or, can t...
Views: 454   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 13, 2007 8:16pm
by Anita
g
Gary
Hair loss
I have a wire haired Doxie about 2 years old. Recently (about 2 months ago) he has been starting to lose some of his hair on his stomach and sides. It is all uniform (no clumps or patches) and he doesn't seem to mind at all (no licking or scratching). My vet mainl...
Views: 431   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 7, 2007 6:44pm
by Patt
Suggestions on Cleaning Ears?
Anyone have any suggestions on cleaning my mini doxie's ears? I have used dry cotton balls but it doesn't seemto be getting all of the dirtiness out. His ears don't smell and I know not to put a q-tip in there. I don't want to use any cleaning products in there wi...
Views: 442   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 27, 2007 1:04pm
by Patt
a
Amanda
Swollen Paw
Hi - My 8 year old doxie has developed a limp that started yesterday. Today I noticed that her paw is red and swollen on the underside. Any ideas why and/or how to treat? Thank you!
Views: 412   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 22, 2007 9:17pm
by Patt
r
Renee
Eggs and Dachshunds
I have a gorgeous dapple tween who is 16months old and his name is Slink. I was wondering, my husband says that an egg mixed in with his food would be good for him, but I think I read somewhere that eggs and dachshunds don't mix. Am I right? thanks, Renee
Views: 529   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 14, 2007 3:06pm
by Renee
l
Leanne
Crate Unrination & Defecation
I have a 10 month old female mini/standard mix Dashie. Recently she has started urinating & defecating in her crate while I am out. I have downsized to a smaller crate and she is continuing to go to the bathroom in it. Any advice? Thanks, Leanne
Views: 402   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 8:19pm
by Patt
l
Leanne
Aggression
I have a 1.5 yr. old male dachshund and a 10 month old female dachshund. Recently my male had began to display aggression toward my female. He will show his teeth at her, snap at her and at times get into an all out fight. My female is now starting to cower around...
Views: 384   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 30, 2007 9:55am
by Patt
Two girls and lots of troubles
Jaci and I got these two loveable dachshunds and we love them dearly. DJ has trouble barking at anything. Jade is the passive of the two. She follows what DJ is doing. Both the pups have new muzzels to stop the barking but sometimes the noise is disturbing. Rec...
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 10:35pm
by Patt
p
Patt
Quilt raffle for medical bills of Dachshunds in rescue.
Central Texas Dachshund Rescue is raffling off a beautiful handmade quilt to help pay the medical bills of various rescued Dachshunds. If you are interested, please consider buying tickets, and please spread the word. http://ctdr.org/quilt.html
Views: 320   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 11:04pm
by Patt
h
Holly
Double Dapple
Can it be possible to get a double dapple puppy from one parent who is a red and another who is a blk and tan dapple? Is it safe to breed a dapple with a double dapple? Thank You, Holly
Views: 382   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 9:15am
by T Wisnewski
how much food?
Good day to all. I feed my mini (who turned out to be too big to be a mini at 13 pounds) about 1/4 cup of weight control kibble twice a day. She still asks for more food. Now that its winter, is that enough or am I starving the little honey?
Views: 389   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 5, 2007 4:02pm
by Karen Loughman
p
Patt
Duchess at ATDR in TX needs you help
***CROSSPOST*** Please help this little Dachshund in TX. She is a very pretty little gal and needs help with her medical bills. A special little girl in Texas. Abandoned on the streets and nearly chewed to death by a pack of larger dogs. **WARNING** Thi...
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 5:20pm
by Patt
the best dog food
I need help. I have a tweenie or small standard dachshund. He was a little over weight about a year ago since then I've have been feeding him Purina Fit & Trim which has gotten him to a good weight of 16lbs. But I think this dog food doesn't seem to give him much nut...
Views: 377   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 2:20pm
by Oscarsmom
Healthy treats that you can buy at the food store?
Would anyone know of healthy treats for Dachshunds? I know there are a variety of them which you can buy online but they are pretty expensive. Thank you!
Views: 313   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 30, 2006 12:32am
by Patt
p
Patt
Rainbow Bridge Christmas
Rainbow Bridge Christmas As the midnight hour approaches on Christmas Eve, a tremendous celebration begins. If you listen closely you will hear the exuberant sound of Bridgekids preparing for the remarkable moment that comes but once a year. Puppies romp thr...
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 25, 2006 10:36am
by Patt
g
Gerry
Catching - any experience
I have a 4 year old black and tan standard. He loves to play and will chase and bring back a ball for hours. But he has absolutely no instinct for catching. He can't even catch a piece of meat when it is taossed at him. he just shuts his eyes and then picks it up. He...
Views: 373   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 23, 2006 1:49pm
by Dividiv
11 day old puppy questions
My minature dachshund had 5 puppies 11 days ago. I have 2 questions. Their eyes are not opened yet I have read conflicting info on if they should be also the mother who was super great at first now has to be made to stay with them she is nursing some but hard to tell...
Views: 347   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 20, 2006 10:44pm
by Patt
j
Jason
Doggie body odor...HELP!!!
I am keeping 2 dachshunds for my mother in law so I do not know anything about them. They stay outside allday, but at night we bring them inside and put them inside a kennel. My questions is that the female (black short hair) stinks so bad that I cannot stand for he...
Views: 524   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 17, 2006 12:25pm
by carolyn
ONLY FOR DACHSIE LOVERS!!
Dear Dachsie Lovers, I have three mini dachshund babies. They are my love, my life, my past, my present and my future. I am publishing today a webpage for CALVIN, one of my babies, where I include all the wonders my dearest little dachsie boy has inspired! I...
Views: 461   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 6, 2006 3:24pm
by Yvonne Evans
k
Karen
Bordatella vaccination
Could someone tell me how often a Bordatella vaccination is recommended?? With my previous girl I went to a different vet. He gave the shot every six months. Just got a shot from a different clinic and the reminder is for a year. Thanks, Karen
Views: 324   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2006 9:30pm
by Patt
Can a doxie un-learn housebreaking? Ours did - HELP
In June we adopted a 5 yr old brown doxie with a black brindle named Petey. There was the occasional pee in the house, but generally he always went outside. Then a few weeks ago, two things happened: 1) he was attacked while my 11 and 10 yr old daughters were walki...
Views: 387   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 26, 2006 7:02am
by BONNIE SWINEY
Dolly's sick
I have an 11 month old doll that began vomiting. Not much still energetic and alert. After a couple of days took her to the vet. Did a complete blood work up - everything normal. Took Xray and vet said that it appeared Dolly had swallowed something like the stuff...
Views: 322   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 2, 2006 6:16pm
by Patt
abused doxies
Could any one give me advise on how to potty train my rescued 4 year old doxie. I like the idea of crate training but this little one spent all her life in a crate. I do take her outside every two hours and she goes but she still pees on the carpet. I certainly do...
Views: 413   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 29, 2006 4:17pm
by Patt
k
Karen
Separation anxiety
We've tried Clomicalm with no visible results. Casey shredded 2 miniblinds in the motor home when left alone for a couple of hours. Haven't been able to crate her because she tries to chew out and we're afraid she'll hurt her mouth or teeth. Any suggestions o...
Views: 411   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2006 8:18pm
by Patt
Medication for Long Car Rides?
Has anyone heard of medication you can give your dog for long car rides to help them relax? We will be making several five hour car rides and my mini doxie whines when we get in the car. We have tried taking car rides to fun places but he has always been nervous in...
Views: 355   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2006 3:53pm
by m felton,R.Ph.
s
Shelly
Dachshunds growling?
So is it common for dachshunds to growl at someone they don't know?
Views: 463   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 12, 2006 12:24am
by Erin
s
Shelly
Neutering
What are the advantages and disadvantages of neutering my dog?
Views: 370   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 9, 2006 3:11pm
by Patt
s
Shelly
Toy's for Doxies
What are some good toys for doxies? I have found a squeaky bone, a stuffed toy with a squeak in it and a tug rope, and my doxie doesn't seem to be interested in any of these things? Anyone have any ideas?
Views: 461   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 9, 2006 12:56pm
by Shelly
s
Shelly
New dog
I am getting a long haired dachshund today. He is 2 years old. I have never had a dog before, but I am in love with dachshunds. His name is Homer. What can I expect for the first few weeks? I am going to PetSmart right away and need to know what I should get fo...
Views: 436   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 6, 2006 6:55am
by Shelly
Exited weiner
I have two Dachshunds, The Unsinkable Molly Brown and Snuggle Bugs Macenzie. Snuggles,whom I often refer to as Pooper Babs Peebody, because she like to poop and she looks like Barbra Streisand and the last part , the Peebody part is what I need help with. I know all...
Views: 465   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 2, 2006 7:44pm
by Penny's Mom
can a dachshund be an outside pet???
Hi, I have a dachshund puppy on the way (Frankie, short for Frankfurter). Actually he's not born yet, but I'm hoping to have him by Christmas. My husband doesn't want an inside dog, so I was wondering if these dogs do well outside? I would have a bed and house for...
Views: 369   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 6:10pm
by Patt
p
Paula
questions about my dachshund rescues
Last week we answered an ad for 2 female doxies for free. We had wanted a doxie so we went to take a look. The lady who gave them to me thought she had rescued them 18 months ago, but believe me, we rescued them last Thursday from her pen. They looked horrible. They...
Views: 377   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 20, 2006 8:25pm
by Patt
Upset dog!
Hi, I have an adorable, usually fun and happy 17 month old dachshund that I adopted from the ASPCA when he was about 8 months old...he's a wonderful pet! This morning I tried to trim his nails for the first time...I was doing just fine at first, he didn't fuss or a...
Views: 367   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2006 4:06pm
by Patt
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Free Forum powered by Bravenet