Return to Website

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!

This is a general bulletin board for posting information, resources and questions regarding the dachshund. No listing of dogs for sale allowed. All posts will be removed.

DORG - The Dachshund Magazine On-Line!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
transmitting illness human to dog

My husband was ill last night with a slight fever and nausea. TOday my Doxie is lethargic and not eating. Is it possible that she could have caught my husband's illness?

Re: transmitting illness human to dog

Not likely, probably a coincidence. If your Doxie is still lethargic and not eating in the morning, suggest you see your vet ASAP.

Re: Re: transmitting illness human to dog

thanks for your reply. Dog in hospital getting hydrated -vet thinks pancreatitis but is doing extensive blood workup.

Re: Re: Re: transmitting illness human to dog

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Pancreatitis is very serious. Sending positive thoughts that she will be okay. Keep me posted.

For more info... http://www.vetinfo.com/dpancrea.html

Re: transmitting illness human to dog

Is it possible your dog transmitted a zoonotic disease to your husband? Zoonotic diseases are those transmitable to humans from animals ie ringworm, rabies, chlamydia, hookworms, salmonella, septicemia, I could go on and on. Don't let me freak you out.

It is unlikely your husband caught you dog's illness; it is unlikely your dog caught your husband's illness. Just chill. Everything will be okay.