Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My wife

My dear wife,Irene,has been receiving chemotherapy for skin cancer for the last 18 months but has now been told that it has spread to her brain.You may remember her whilst I was serving with both 49 and 94 batteries in Devizes and Fallingbostel. This cruel disease will be both life changing and life shortening but she is being incredibly brave which I would expect from her.I know that many members have had to endure similar heartbreak and I now know how you must have felt. She will now receive radiotherapy and pray that a cure will be found,and will keep you informed of her condition.

Re: My wife

Mike that is sad news but remember that incredible steps have been made over the past year or so, so lets all pray for her complete recovery, not sure if she remembers me me but give her my love and best wished

Thanks for kind words Jimmy and yes she does remember you,who could not !!

Mike, that is bad news my friend. I am positive you will continue to support Irene in your indomitable way, as you have been but chin up both and remember you have many friends and colleagues rooting for you both. As Jimmy said, there have been strides made in the treatment of cancer in the past few years so remember, where there is life there is hope!

Mike, as already said by Jimmy and David I am thinking of you at this hard time for you both. Fingers crossed the treatment works mate.

Mike, I went through a similar time with my wife who passed away from a brain tumour, you just have to get through it as best as you can, supporting each other, hoping and praying for the best whilst preparing for the worst. My thoughts are with you and your family during this trying period.

I am very pleased to tell you that my wife had surgery yesterday to remove the brain tumour and recovering beyond my wildest dreams.Thank you all for your kind messages of support,it has made a huge difference.

Mike, that really is good news. It is to be hoped that the long term prognosis is now extended and she goes from strength to strength.

Thank God that all went well. Alex Ferguson had the same problem and he is up and about already
Give her our regards

Mike thats fantastic news mate. Give my best to Irene.

Fantastic news Mike just got to build up her strength

Wow! Amazing, great news!

Healing thoughts to your lovely wife and yourself Mick.

Thank you Chrissie, your thoughts are very much appreciated. She has been out of hospital for about 3 weeks now but has to attend out patients virtually every week for either treatment or assessment. The cancer will never be cured but her immunotherapy will hopefully slow down its growth or stop it growing altogether. Medical science is improving everyday so remain optomistic. Take care.

Mick thinking of you and Irene mate.