Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bob Doran RIP

Sadly a very good friend of mine who I served with in 94 Battery has passed away. His name was Bob Doran, I received this message yesterday from his Son on behalf of Bobs family.

I am crying whilst writing this, today my mam lost her soul mate, my kids also lost their Gaggie and I lost my Dad.
The greatest Dad God could have blessed me with. There were so many more memories we wanted to make with you. I guess we have to be grateful for the ones we made.
My heart is truly broken and I know this is a pain that will never go away, not fully. Those who know me know how much I loved my Dad, and how much I will continue to love my Dad. Every minute of every day until we meet again. I might be 38, but even if I was 100, I'd have never been ready to say good bye to you. I will look after Mam for you Dad you don't have to worry about her and I'll do my best with the kids, I pray I can be just part of the Dad you have been to me. Your guidance, love, advice, generosity, help and telling off when needed. You're my best friend as well as my Dad.
My Dad said something to me recently, he was on about Ava being his little girl and Jimi being his little boy and he said to me..... and you, you'll always be my little boy too.
You're right Dad, because right now I feel like a little boy again. A little boy that is truly broken and the only person that can fix me is my Dad.
I would give anything to have you back.
Good night god bless Dad. I love you more than anything, till we meet again 💔💔💔
And thank you for being my Dad, I was truly blessed. You've been a Dad to Alicia too. I hope you know how loved you are. I'll make sure the kids always remember their Gaggie ❤❤