Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scouse Cleary RIP

What can one say, farewell to another fine soldier, one of those guys you can never forget. I always had a lot of time for scouse. He was sometimes led astray by Tony Mallinder and crazy Davies, all good friends. Some years ago we sent him a digital photo frame and Jim loaded it with photos of the Bty/Regt to help him in difficult times. I believe he died just a day or so ago and so as yet funeral arrangements are unknown If anyone is in touch with his immediate family then you might want to give them a ring.
RIP Scouse and condolences to all his family and friends.

Re: Scouse Cleary RIP

R.I.P Noel, my deepest sympathy to all his family.

We had a phone call from Noel's wife that he had passed away yesterday. Scouse had been in hospital for the last 6 weeks suffering from pneumonia. I have informed Chick who says he will be attending his funeral.

(RIP) Noel (Scouse)Cleary a great guy my Condolences to his family

More sad news, seems never-ending at the moment.

I remember Scouse with a lot of fondness, a good soldier, RIP. Condolences to his family and friends.

Jack this is a shock in one way but not in another if you get my drift. I am very sorry to hear of Scouse's passing, he hasn't been a well guy for many years by all accounts. RIP Scouse ( Noel )and condolences to his wife and family and friends,yes another fine soldier passed this way. 68Bty Signaller and what happened to him after I left Lippy in '65 I don't know but he was a good lad.

I gather Chick/Jack/Martin have seen Noel in the last 5 years or so and have told me he wasn't a well guy then. I know Noel was a good mate of Taffy Allen and I think Rip Collins they usually knocked about together.......I know Nobby Clarke will be shocked too. I always remember Scouse when we came into each others company.......I would say," O'right Scouse?" he would answer by saying," O'right Laaaaa......how's Yorkie?" Good times good mates........Good night Scouse sleep on.

Jim the photos are a very good compilation and a couple in the pics are sadly no longer with us and is unbelievable really just looking at how fit we all was in those days. Two come to mind ....Johnny Turner very young in the very early sixties and of course more recently Tony Mallinder.

A pic of noel and Paul McNulty

1463975 629046640451839 950793982 n
image uploading site

Noel [DCOUSE] and I were good friends through-out my time in the Regt. Even though I was H.Q. and he was 68Bty. We were sort of rebels in our own way. Nothing nasty more funny. Great guy and a great friend. R.I.P. NOEL. DIXIE

This comes as a great shock--It was a pleasure to have known Noel;He had a great attitude and always would come out with some witty remarks--nothing really upset him-will be sorely missed --condolences to all his family;;;R.I.P. Noel;;;

jimmy green
What can one say, farewell to another fine soldier, one of those guys you can never forget. I always had a lot of time for scouse. He was sometimes led astray by Tony Mallinder and crazy Davies, all good friends. Some years ago we sent him a digital photo frame and Jim loaded it with photos of the Bty/Regt to help him in difficult times. I believe he died just a day or so ago and so as yet funeral arrangements are unknown If anyone is in touch with his immediate family then you might want to give them a ring.
RIP Scouse and condolences to all his family and friends.
Rip NOEL my sympathy to the family

Of course I know Scouse Cleary but unfortunately I never got to know him for one reason or another(different battery and age group probably). Nevertheless my condolences to his family and rest in peace Scouse.

so sorry tp hear that Scouse finally succumed to his ilness. Like all the rest gone before, will be missed but not forgotten. R.I.P Mate.

Sorry to hear about noel, he was a good little boxer. I remember once in Cyprus. He had to go into local bakery to skip and lose weight before a fight but I think he still one, my condolences to his family and friends. RIP my friend, you will be missed.

So sorry to hear about scouse I remember him RIP

Jock Meechan
A pic of noel and Paul McNulty

\

image uploading site