Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
38 Battery WW2

Hi Chris,
I have just found my Father's name, W.K. Holdsworth, on your website, he was a Lance Bombardier in 38 Battery with the 14th Anti-tank Regiment during WW2. There is also a photo of him in your section of pictures taken at Haifa in 1945. Dad had copies of two. The one of Lt. Reddiford's troop, Dad is the only one wearing glasses on the front row, and a group photo of the whole battery, plus one not shown of the battery with their caps on. I have been doing research into his war time years and have his service record and regimental war diaries, but have never been able to pin down where the photo's were taken until know. I was surprised by the other photos and was wondering where you found them and the list of men at Beni Yusef on V.E. Day. You have clearly discovered other sources.
Would you object if I added them to my collection?
I would be grateful for any other information you have regarding 38 Battery or 14th Anti-tank regiment, as anything concrete is hard to come by.

Regards,

Patrick Holdsworth.

Re: 38 Battery WW2

Patrick, sorry for not contacting you sooner, I have emailed you my phone number, It would be good to chat.

Re: 38 Battery WW2

Glad to sat that I have been able to get the BSM of 94 BTY to contact Patrick.