Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
49 Battery reunion

Hi all,
I am currently in negotiations with the Holiday Inn to hold our now Bi-ennial OCA Reunion which could now be held at their Bromsgrove hotel as J7 is already booked for next year.
The downside to this is that, due to high energy charges, inflation, wages etc, the room rates have rocketed. I have how managed to keep our dining rates down close to last year's dinner fees - £26.00 3 Course meal.

The new room rates are including breakfast:-
Single £79.00
Double £89.00

Whilst this is a significant price rise, we can celebrate the fact that, year upon year, we have been very fortunate with very low accommodation costs.
For those who may struggle finding this money, might I suggest I set up a saving system whereby, members pay towards these costs including any spends on a weekly/monthly basis?.
I will soon be sending you all further correspondence to this fact with a "Yes I Will/ I Won't be attending" questionnaire.
The ball will be totally in your courts I am afraid.
Although I am happy volunteering in organising next year's event I would hate to think my work would be wasted for the second time, and other decisions would have to be made regarding my future involvement.

Brandy.

more information to follow.

Re: 49 Battery reunion

Holiday Inn
Kidderminster Road
B61 9AB

If attending please pay include your membership subscription of £15 along with the meal payment of £26 per person.

account payment to 49 Inkerman OCA RA
account No 50399416 Sort code 20-=90-08

Thanks