NACLI DISCUSSION FORUM

​​​​​​​

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

NACLI DISCUSSION FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
March 19th - Spring is here with multiple days still left to celebrate!
We already celebrated: 1)March 8: International Women's Day 2) March 10: National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day and 3) Daylight Saving Time (second Sunday) 4) March 12: National Girl Scout Day and Working Moms Day 5) March 17: St. Patrick's Day Sti...
Views: 32   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2024
by Pat Dillon
December/January Holidays
I don’t know about all of you, but although I love the Christmas/Hanukka/Kwanzaa/NewYears celebrations, I’m exhausted from all the celebrating. Having friends and family over, all the cooking and gift wrapping takes its toll, but still wouldn’t give...
Views: 13   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 02, 2024
by Pat Dillon
FORUM 27 - NOVEMBER 2023 - HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Thanksgiving is around the corner. Let's all give thanks for the majority of COVID19 being behind us, but we still need to be vigilant to avoid anyone with cold symptoms, and remember, especially if you are celebrating in groups, wash hands every chance you get ! Do...
Views: 32   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 21, 2023
by Pearline Okumkap...
October 2023 Nursing Forum: Recent Nursing Staff Shortages
First, I’d like to apologize for being away from this NACLI Nursing Forum for so long. Can’t believe that the last time I posted was in March. However, being the sole caretaker for my handicapped husband has been more than a full time job. He has been in...
Views: 38   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 02, 2023
by Patricia Dillon
March Days to Remember!
March 17 came and went so quickly. Yes, I had my corned beef, not only to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but National Corned Beef & Cabage Day! Read to your child or grandchild today, March 19th, for International Read to Me Day or tell them an old family story tomo...
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2023
by Pat Dillon
February Observances
February observance’s include Black History Month, American Heart Month, and Library Lovers Month, Presidents Day and Random Acts of Kindness Day, (February 17), Abraham Lincoln's birthday (February 12), and George Washington's birthday (February 22). Check ou...
Views: 56   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 03, 2023
by Pat Dillon
December 2022 Observances
Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, December holidays are the best. Watching childrens' eyes light up as they gaze at all the holiday decorations, anticipating the holiday fun with all the food, fun and gifts or simply enjoying the cooking, shopping...
Views: 53   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 03, 2022
by Patricia Dillon
Observances for November 2022
So we all have a lot to be thankful for. For me, it is having my husband with me yet another year. Following his bought with COVID in 2021 which made him very weak, we have gone through several hospitalizations. Hopefully we will make it to our 50th Anniversary this...
Views: 55   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2022
by Caro;e Cryer
OCTOBER CELEBRATIONS!
What's going on in October? October 2 to 8: Mental Illness Awareness Week October 25 to 31: Respiratory Care Week October 27 National Mentoring Day October 28 National First Responders Day October is also ADHD Awareness Month; Blindness Awareness Mo...
Views: 31   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2022
by Pat Dillon
SEPTEMBER OBSERVANCE - COURTESY & More
September is National Courtesy Month. This can mean many things, - helping out a neighbor, holding open a door, or simply nodding or smiling at passers by. They say when you smile at someone, you are fairly sure to get a smile in return. I believe this to be true, so...
Views: 25   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2022
by Patricia Dillon
Forum #19 Observances for July 2022
Although JUly 4, Independence Day, usually tells us that summer is finally here, it seemed quieter than usual in our area of Long Island. For some reason, all the firewods were either scheduled the weekend before (July 4th was a Monday.) or the following weekend. Th...
Views: 56   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2022
by Carol
FORUM 18: June Commemorations
Thanks to the Executive Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion from LaGuardia Community College, Wendy M. Nicholson, MPA, we have some great links to read about the many June Observances: Pride Month https://www.loc.gov/lgbt-pride-month/about/ - Lesbian, Gay,...
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 02, 2022
by Pat Dillon
FORUM 17- May Observances
Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Cinco de Mayo and finally some consistently nice weather! What do you like most about May? I love the flowers that start to bloom and the Memorial Day Parade. Just recently went to see the Veterans’ Memorial at Eisenhower Park. I...
Views: 59   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2022
by Patricia Dillon
Nurses Month question What did you always have when reporting to work?
Well as a Float Nurse, I never knew which unit I would be on so this was in my small bag: * Red and Black Pen * Stethoscope * Small spiral Notebook with all notes from each unit, so I knew how to give report and what was important to them * Cartoon scrub sh...
Views: 22   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2022
by Kimberly Velez
Observances for April 2022
FORUM #16 - April begins with that crazy "April Fools Day" on April 1st - Chat with us and tell us your craziest stunt or one that happened to you on "April Fools Day."  I have a zinger that happened to me many years ago when I was doing unit nursing. I'll never...
Views: 75   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 17, 2022
by Kimberly Velez
MARCH
March - when the seasons change from winter to spring … often displaying very chaotic vacillating weather conditions in NY. One day it feels like Spring and then Winter shows it’s cold winds again! Maybe this accounts for the fact that March is the only m...
Views: 130   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 18, 2022
by Carole Cryer
Great Black Nurses in history!
One of my favorite stories in nursing history is that of Mary Eliza Mahoney (1845 – 1926) Mary Ezra Mahoney is the first Black nurse in the US to earn a professional nursing license and the first to graduate from a professional graduate school for nursing th...
Views: 35   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 21, 2022
by Kimberly Velez
Benefits of Microsoft Access Cloud
Microsoft Access is an information management tool, or relational database, that helps you store information for reference, reporting and analysis. MS Access can also overcome the limitations found when trying to manage large amounts of information in Excel or other...
Views: 24   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2021
by Jimmy Wick
What Is Hosted Virtual Desktop (HVD)?
A hosted virtual desktop, or HVD, is a complete desktop environment running as a virtual machine that leverages the compute and storage of a cloud-based server. An HVD is implemented by leveraging virtualization software from vendors, such as Microsoft, VMware, and A...
Views: 16   Replies: 0
by Jimmy Wick
Benefits of QuickBooks Enterprise for Startups
Benefits Of QuickBooks Online For Startups 1. QuickBooks Online offers affordable pricing. Most startups have to work within a tight budget in the early days of operation, so choosing an accounting system with affordable monthly fees is a necessity. QuickBooks...
by Jimmy Wick
Types of Microsoft Office 365 Migration
What is an Office 365 Email Migration? Migration from the on-premises environment to the cloud can significantly boost your business productivity as it has facilities including an enterprise-level email server. But after subscribing to Office 365, many end users m...
by Jimmy Wick
December Holidays
Holiday preparation can be overwhelming at times. Let's keep in the spirit of the happy holiday season. How do you celebrate your holidays... Christmas??? Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights??? Kwanza??? I celebrate Christmas and for us, this is family...
Views: 245   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 12, 2021
by Carole Cryer
November 2021 Let's all be Thankful
What are your plans for November? Are you planning a family gathering, going away, or staying home? I am gathering with family and staying safe. Please enjoy and be thankful for each day we have. Kim Velez RN
Views: 39   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2021
by Kimberly Velez
Observances for October 2021
So, unfortunately, I missed the busy September (Start of school, etc.), and unfortunately no one else picked up the gauntlet. Please feel free to do so. Anyone can post. So we are into October, October 5: Missed "National Be Nice Day". Too bad because more people...
Views: 44   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 06, 2021
by Patricia M Dillo...
p
PatD
July - Summer Craze
Well this is my second try at trying to post. Hope it goes through this time. I apologize for not posting earlier, but it has been a bit hectic since my husband returned to me after being hospitalized for 4 months post COVID infection. In fact the first week of July,...
Views: 102   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 09, 2021
by Kimberly Velez
August Celebrations!
So my favorites fir August are: August 8th- Single Working Woman’s Day and August 28th National Senior Citizens Day! (https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/591321/offbeat-august-holidays). I commend all working mothers, but particularly single moms. You go girl!...
Views: 157   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 04, 2021
by Kimberly Velez
Observances for JUNE 2021
June is considered "Effective Communications Month". Let's reach out to those around us and try to effectively communicate. Let's control our anger and out fears and try to be understanding of others. Monday, June 14th is Flag Day and many Americans celebrate Flag...
Views: 163   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 05, 2021
by Lovelyne Jean
Observances for May 2021
May Awareness brings us May 9-15 which is Hospital Week (Second Week of May) There is also, Armed Forces Day 2021, Saturday, May 15 (https://nationaltoday.com/armed-forces-day/). Armed Forces Day is a special holiday for people all over the world to come together an...
Views: 78   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 29, 2021
by Lovelyne Jean
p
Pat
April Topics for Discussion Board: There are many. See content of Message.
So apparently, April isn't just a month for one observance. There are many. To name a few: World Autism Awareness Month; National Pet Month; Stress Awareness Month; Sexual Assault Awareness Month; Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month; National Pet Month and Couple...
Views: 122   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 17, 2021
by Lovelyne
p
Pat
March is National Women's History Month and Irish-American Heritage Month!
Since March is National National Women's History Month and Irish-American Heritage Month, I thought I would mention some important women in Irish History. I mention these as noted on the Irish Post web site: https://www.irishpost.com/life-style/7-inspiring-women-iris...
Views: 219   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 25, 2021
by Lovelyne
BLACK HISTORY MONTH CELEBRATION
February 18, 2021 Celebrating Black His (Her)story Month By Lovelyne Jean In the spirit of celebrating Black History Month this year, I have chosen to honor Ivy Nathan Tinkler and Henry Louis Gates Jr. While both individuals have contributed greatly to th...
Views: 360   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 27, 2021
by Lovelyne
2021 RESOLUTIONS!!!
While some of us are understandably excited about seeing the year 2020 from a rear view mirror, I suspect that many of us are looking forward to making resolutions for 2021. Please share one or more of your new year resolution(s) for 2021.
Views: 91   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2021
by Pat Dillon - NAC...
Holiday traditions and recipes to share
In the spirit of the holidays and people staying in, we are requesting you share with us some of your family traditions and/or recipes, etc. Let's try to make this a NACLI holiday tradition. I'll start: Yummy simple dip appetizer we have during the holidays....
Views: 139   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 18, 2020
by Lovelyne
Professional behavior vs. unprofessional behavior
Have you ever experienced unprofessional behavior in a healthcare provider when receiving health care or during diagnostic procedures?
Views: 157   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 31, 2020
by Lovelyne
Welcome to your Bravenet Forum
Welcome to your new Bravenet Message Forum! Please feel free to explore the wide range of Message Forum customization options available. Style your Message Forum with colors, fonts, and layout options. Be sure to go through the Settings to enable or disable special...
Views: 22   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2020
by Bravenet Team
Free Forum powered by Bravenet