NACLI DISCUSSION FORUM

​​​​​​​

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

NACLI DISCUSSION FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holiday traditions and recipes to share

In the spirit of the holidays and people staying in, we are requesting you share with us some of your family traditions and/or recipes, etc.
Let's try to make this a NACLI holiday tradition.

I'll start:

Yummy simple dip appetizer we have during the holidays.
Ingredients:
2 cans of Hormel Chili with beans
2 packages of cream cheese (preferably whipped because it melts better, but any will do)
2 packages of pre-grated (Any of these will do: mexican/monterey jack/mozzarella; Like Monterey Jack - or grate your own!)
1 or more large packages of Tortilla Chips for dipping.

Preheat Oven at about 350
Get a deep 1 or 2 Qt size pans
Layer the bottom with the Cream Cheese (You may want to put in the oven for a bit to soften the cheese, but not necessary if whipped.)
Open the cans of Hormel Chili and spread over the Cream Cheese layer
Cover the top with the grated cheeses you have selected.

Back for about 15-20 min until the cheese on top is melted. Check frequently and don't leave too long or the top cheese may harden and be difficult to dip.

Arrange on tray surrounded by the tortilla chips and Enjoy !

Re: Holiday traditions and recipes to share

Oh my Pat, this recipe looks very yummy. I will certainly try it out.
One of my favorite family traditions during the holidays is making our home feel as warm, relaxing and inviting as possible. The incorporation of flameless candles, placing warm color throws over the couches and periodically making cinnamon/star anise tea brings it all together. My love for celebrating the holidays like stems from observing the ways my parents and grandparents also welcomed the holidays while growing up in Haiti. To prepare the tea my mother would combine the following ingredients in a pot of water: a few pieces of cinnamon sticks, star anise, fresh ginger, orange peels, nutmeg and brown sugar. Allow the water to come to a boil and change into a beautiful light brown color. Strain and serve. The taste will delight your taste buds while the aroma envelops your home and soul. Now that the children are spending more time at home, we are starting new traditions by foraging through our yard for items to turn into art projects. some can be use to hang on the Christmas tree. Let us continue to create soul comforting memories through traditions because we need it more now than ever. Have a safe and happy holiday everyone. Lovelyne.

Sounds so cozy, Lovelyne. Would love to see a photo of your house when you are finished.

Your mother's tea sounds yummy, too!

Everyone have a HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON ! :snowman: :snowflake: :christmas_tree: :heart:

That is so kind of you Patricia.
I will work on that.
Thank you.😘