NACLI DISCUSSION FORUM

​​​​​​​

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

NACLI DISCUSSION FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Observances for JUNE 2021

June is considered "Effective Communications Month". Let's reach out to those around us and try to effectively communicate. Let's control our anger and out fears and try to be understanding of others.

Monday, June 14th is Flag Day and many Americans celebrate Flag Day by displaying the Red, White and Blue in front of homes and businesses. The day commemorates the adoption of the Stars and Stripes as the official flag of the United States.

LGBTQ Pride Month, currently celebrated each year in the month of June, honors the 1969 Stonewall Uprising in Manhattan. The Stonewall Uprising was important for the Gay Liberation Movement in the US. The first Pride march in New York City was on June 28 in 1970. The purpose of commemorating this month is to recognize the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals who affected history.

June 19th is celebrated as “Juneteenth,” in honor of the final emancipation of slaves in the U.S. In Galveston, Texas, on June 19, 1865, Union soldiers, led by Major Gen. Gordon Granger brought news that the Civil War had ended and slaves were now free. The announcement was made and finally followed 2 1/2 years after President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation of Jan. 1, 1863 that supposedly freed slaves in Confederate states. Since the proclamation was made during the Civil War, it was ignored by Confederate states and it wasn’t until the end of the war that the Executive Order was enforced in those southern Confederate states.

What do you celebrate in June???? JUNE IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER ! (Listen to this "June" song from Roger & Hammerstein's "Carousel" - https://youtu.be/khL3AVmPj24)

"

Re: Observances for JUNE 2021

June 17, 2021

Hello Pat,

Thank you for the topic and your choices on communication, LGBTQ and Juneteenth.
I appreciated the link provided since it was used to help me pick my two choices: Audacity to Hope day
and National Gardening Exercise day. We should all have the audacity to hope in life as I believe that it is an essential component of living as opposed to simply existing. As an avid gardener, I implore everyone to consider starting a little herb, vegetable and /or flower garden at home. Not only will you be gratified by the outcome of your hard work, but this hobby has also been proven to be very therapeutic. Please feel free to follow one of my favorite gardeners on the YouTube channel entitled Garden Answer. Take a second, minute or hour (with sunscreen please) to see and smell some of nature’s most colorful beauties. Please view my little beauties below along with their LPS doll enjoying the scenery.

Be safe, Be Kind and Be present

Lovelyne

June is special to me because it is my birthday month. I feel proud to honor Flag Day in this month as well.
There is plenty to be proud of with the celebration of PRIDE and signing the Juneteenth as a holiday.

Thank you Pat and Lovelyne for posting monthly.

Kim

Thank you very much Kim and Happy Birthday!!!