Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
lost memories
Lost Memories. As he walks along the windswept shore watching waves break on the sand slowly dandering through the storm holding his true loves hand. The memories of long ago flood back to him galore, of many sun drenched happy days they spent upon thi...
Views: 310   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 15, 2015 1:22pm
by Ann
Football
Religious protest, Sunday football???!!!
Views: 450   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 12, 2015 7:34am
by barneykx
d
donald
Welsching
I think I asked this question before but cannot remember if anyone answered. In norniron we said " welsched " when someone did not keep his word or did not repay a loan. Recently I was discussing with a German friend mixed marriages in the German speaking part of...
Views: 219   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 12, 2015 6:48am
by donald
Aileen
OK, so sport isn't everybody's cuppa tea, and we haven't got a World beater to shout about, and yes, it IS only Triathlon. and yes, I AM biased, but this young(ish) IRISH woman competes in Abu Dhabi on Saturday against the best in the world, and will not be outclasse...
Views: 453   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 11, 2015 5:27pm
by Dabbler
k
kAnn
Easter Weekend
Wishing everyone a very Happy Easter. My youngest daughter, Trea, and her husband are here for the weekend and it's nice to have them, even for a short stay. Hope you all enjoy the holidays.
Views: 394   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 11, 2015 11:06am
by Pat
p
Pat
After Easter
Hi all, After a happy time with family at Easter, sunny warm weather, lots of daffodils & Spring flowers, eating in the garden & reminiscing, we now look forward to the next holiday, hoping the sun will continue to shine. Earlier this week we were...
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2015 10:36am
by Pat
m
Mauri
Easter weekend
Going to try my hand at some small talk, Easter is not realy a big holiday here,Good Friday is a Statutary Holiday but Easter Monday is only a holiday for Government and Bank Employees. Weather here the past couple of days been really mild compared to what we have be...
Views: 337   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 9, 2015 9:38am
by Ann
I WISH ID LOOKED AFTER ME TEETH PAM AYRES
Oh, I wish I'd looked after me teeth, And spotted the perils beneath, All the toffees I chewed, And the sweet sticky food, Oh, I wish I'd looked after me teeth. I wish I'd been that much more willin' When I had more tooth there than fillin' To pass up gob...
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 8, 2015 8:06pm
by BARNEYKX
d
donald
Easter Delicacy week at Lidl
Lidl have an excellent selection of delicacies on offer at the minute, Salmon, Entrecôte, Fillet steak, Lamb and Roast beef but to mention a few as well as Italian desserts. Stracciatella cake, Raspberry and Mango Sorbets and an excellent selection of Wines and...
Views: 333   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 8, 2015 7:48am
by Ann
m
Mauri
Sea Story
In response to several requests for more tales here is one that again I am not sure if If I told it before or not,if I did bear with me. In March 1947 I joined my first ship HMS Nigeria in Simonstown South Africa after travelling out by troopship from Liverpool th...
Views: 187   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 8, 2015 7:04am
by Ann
HANDS
A young man went to seek an important position at a large printing company. He passed the initial interview and was going to meet the director for the final interview. The director saw his resume, it was excellent. And asked, ' - Have you received a scholarship fo...
Views: 113   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2015 6:59am
by Ann
POEMS BY MICHEAL WALSH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK0MYmNsTaA
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2015 9:10pm
by BARNEYKX
ALANNA
ALANNA! Alanna! within the churchyard's round There's many graves of childer' there, they lie in holy ground; But yours is on the mountain side beneath the hawthorn tree– O fleet one, my sweet one, that's gone so far from me. Alanna! Alanna! When that sm...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2015 8:22pm
by barneykx
m
Mauri
Mutiny on Good Friday
Maybe I have told this story before, if I have please excuse me. Good Friday always brings back memories for me of an incident on board HMAS Murchison 60 years ago (My God). Murchision was a World War 11 frigate and we had been patrolling the waters north of Australi...
Views: 267   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 6, 2015 7:33pm
by barneykx
d
donald
spam
am being blocked donald
Views: 194   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 3, 2015 8:18pm
by Ann
a
Ann
A Lurker down the Line
Yesterday being a beautiful day, we took Tess down the line for a walk. On the towpath we met the lovely Thelma and her husband. Thelma is a dedicated lurker who follows everything on the Forum but will not engage in any topics. When I asked her yesterday...
Views: 373   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 31, 2015 9:56am
by Ann
p
Pat
Mauri
Mauri, You haven't been on the Forum lately, sincerely hope you & Joy are alright & we will hear from you again soon. Also Beano & Doreen are in my thoughts too. Pat?...
Views: 556   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 31, 2015 9:52am
by Ann
hotels drink ban
some hotels in south now banning bringing your own drink for consumption in the rooms whatever is comeing up next,now i wonder if this could be legal
Views: 295   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 31, 2015 9:46am
by Ann
d
donald
Lisburn Square for sale
If anyone has 2 million quid to spare they can buy Lisburn Square which cost 23 million quid to build. Eamon lowercase now,s your chance to own the Tuesday Bell. Maybe Hilden mill will also be on the market soon and you could make an offer for it also. donald h...
Views: 360   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 29, 2015 1:43pm
by Pat
THE LISTENERS
The Listeners by Walter De La Mare 'Is there anybody there?' said the Traveller, Knocking on the moonlit door; And his horse in the silence champed the grasses Of the forest's ferny floor: And a bird flew up out of the turret, Above the Traveller's head And...
Views: 289   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2015 10:36am
by Pat
turning 80
i have just been informed by the DHSS that on reaching 80 in may i will have an increse of 25 pence a week from then,it would not even buy a box of matches now,just like £10 bonus at christmas that has never increased from it was introduced 22 years ago
Views: 369   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 28, 2015 9:54am
by Dabbler
d
donald
Paddy´s Day in Munich
http://www.stpatricksday.de/irishmass_en.html http://www.stpatricksday.de/index_en.html Tomorrow, being the last Sunday before Paddy´s Day is here in Munich a big day. The Irish club organise a parade along the Leopold and Ludwig Streets to the Monument at M...
Views: 232   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 22, 2015 9:09pm
by Eamon lowercase
THE HOMELESS LIVING ON THE STREETS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=568B5S0BqGo#t=240
Views: 570   Replies: 27
Last Post: Mar 22, 2015 8:34pm
by Dabbler
FRIARS BUSH GRAVE YARD STRANMILLIS ROAD BELFST
http://watchinghorrorfilmsfrombehindthecouch.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/friars-bush-cemetery.html
Views: 359   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 22, 2015 5:55pm
by Ann
MOBILE PHONE CHARGERS
A small child has died due to putting the mobile chargeing pin in her mouth while power was on charger
Views: 155   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 21, 2015 6:19pm
by Ann
Joe Kinkead
I see that Joe Kinkead has died. Another Lambeg man who made the grade.
Views: 230   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 20, 2015 7:35pm
by Mauri
the destruction of sennachrib
The Destruction of Sennacherib BY LORD BYRON (GEORGE GORDON) The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold, And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold; And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep G...
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2015 1:13pm
by barneykx
Schools Cup
Well done and bad luck to Wallace High School for reaching the School's Cup at Ravenhill today. Beaten 14-12 but did no disgrace themselves or the town.
Views: 208   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2015 8:02pm
by Low Roader
d
donald
Hilden Mill fire
http://www.lisburntoday.co.uk/news/local-news/hilden-mill-gutted-in-ferocious-blaze-1-6628584 Read this in the Star just now, it brought tears to my eyes, Hilden mill was part of our growing up, the "wee park, EMB, Hilden school and last not least working there....
Views: 173   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 16, 2015 7:11pm
by Pat
IN MEMORY OF MY MOTHER
poem of Patrick Kavanagh I do not think of you lying in the wet clay Of a Monaghan graveyard; I see You walking down a lane among the poplars On your way to the station, or happily Going to second Mass on a summer Sunday-- You meet me and you say: 'Don't...
Views: 170   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 16, 2015 7:01pm
by Pat
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Free Forum powered by Bravenet