Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aileen

OK, so sport isn't everybody's cuppa tea, and we haven't got a World beater to shout about, and yes, it IS only Triathlon. and yes, I AM biased, but this young(ish) IRISH woman competes in Abu Dhabi on Saturday against the best in the world, and will not be outclassed. I LOVED Hurricane Higgins, but he didn't sweat like Aileen. C'mon Ireland - and Lisburn!

Re: Aileen

Dabbler, I don't know if Aileen won or not, but that will not take away the pride you must feel in her.

Ann
I do not know Aileen, but she is married to a nephew I never met, and he is from Lisburn, SO I expected interest here. American Gwen Jorgenson won, as I expected.
Aileen was a long way back. Over the rest of th series, I shall be surprised if she is not in the top ten of the world's best triathletes. Yes, it is a source of pride to be connected, but a very different kind of pride to that which I feel for those close, with whom I share daily joys and worries.
I won about fifty quid at Cheltenham. As always I gave most to my wife.

Dabbler, glad to hear you had a win on the horses. Dominic shared his win with me also. He's a wise man, knows what side his bread's buttered on.!!!!!!!!! You're an equally wise man.!!!!

Ann,
Though PD is unlikely to kill me in the short term, it is another chain around my neck, and as a very likely component of my final demise, plays a major role in my current thoughts, pushing sport into the background. Today, I left my wife at home with her backache, and bussed and walked to lunch in a cafe. Halfway through my Spanish ommelette, my wife phoned to tell me that I had forgotten yet again to close my bedroom window. That SSHOULD be important, but I cannot get excited about it. My mind is on a bucket list.

Dabbler, I'm not being flippant when I say that we all have our chains in one way or another. You're quite right for getting out and about when you can. Nothing like fresh air and seeing people. Don't worry about leaving your bedroom window open. We all forget things. One morning Dominic and I got up to discover we'd left the kitchen window open all night. Another time we discovered we'd left the back door unlocked. It happens to the best of us although I do think as we get older we are inclined to forget things. I'm the devil for forgetting people's names.

Ann / Dabbler
I agree entirely about forgetting things, recently I asked herself if I could make love to her. She replied " Ye aul ejit, you,ve already made love to me four times today"! Forgetfulness is a burden!
donald

Donald, I can't even remember who gets tied up.

Dabbler, the mischief is still there. Donald, wishful thinking on your part.!!!!

Ann, what a way to go!

Well done Aileen! Back in world top ten. Pretty good for a wee Irish girl. x