Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Easter Delicacy week at Lidl

Lidl have an excellent selection of delicacies on offer at the minute, Salmon, Entrecôte, Fillet steak, Lamb and Roast beef but to mention a few as well as Italian desserts. Stracciatella cake, Raspberry and Mango Sorbets and an excellent selection of Wines and Champagnes.
So ladies on your bikes and down to Lidl.
donald

Re: Easter Delicacy week at Lidl

Donald, why THE LADIES please? Now ladies, listen to me, this morning I was to go into town. You see I stroll in visit the gym and dander about and call at my favourite friendly nearby Waitrose. I buy a bagful of shopping and carry it home. Pat is at home doing his stuff.

But I have a problem carrying anything heavy, so this morning I needed a lot, and said to hubby I wasn't sure that all the shopping wouldn't be too heavy for me. He offered at once to come in with me, carry the shopping home and let me go on to the gym. Now, I get housekeeping and pay for all the food shopping. We were busy enough in Waitrose, and at last joined a fairy long queue to check out. I suddenly remembered I wanted raspberry sauce, and said I would go back and get it. Well, would you believe it I couldn't find it and eventually got the young man to show me where it was. Great, I ran to join the queue again, but lo and behold, I could see hubby standing, as men do, solemnly and patiently awaiting me on the other side of the check outs. Being me, I burst into loud laughter which didn't amuse him a bit, and told him I really hadn't done it on purpose with him having to pay. He has remained silent on the subject since, so I have put it aside too. But ladies do you think he will deduct the amount he paid from my housekeeping on Friday?

Or will he remember it is Good Friday??!

Liz

Liz
Herself and I will celebrate our 50th Wedding anniversary in July, we regard our income as a amount for us both to access. For example it is no different if the withdrawal is taken from the left or right pocket. Since we both retired it has worked out that the chores about the house have been taken over by which of us prefer to execute them. But nevertheless certain chores remain typical male or female. I would never ask or expect my wife to clear a blocked drain or toilet just as she knows I am not capable of cleaning windows or ironing clothes. I make such a mess she forbids me to even think about such things. I shop, cook, wash up and do all repairs about the house. She looks after the financial side of things but before any major decisions are made we sit down and talk about them.
Despite being married for almost 50 years every night we spend together is identical to our first. We argued that night also!!1
donald

Liz, that's twice my reply has been spammed so I better just ask if you returned the housekeeping or bought yourself something?

Donald, I'm sorry but I still cannot get into shopping in Lidl's. It's nothing to do with anything other than I really don't like the shops. There's no atmosphere, very few shoppers around and it just doesn't do it for me. I like to be amongst the hustle and bustle in other supermarkets, meeting people and having a yarn. Of course, the prices have to be competitive as well. Each to his own.

Donald converted to lidl.all meats are 1st class gave up my local butcher after 10yrs same class of meat but cheaper also other groceries top class. goodbye Tesco and m&s.

Ann

I am glad you appreciated my humour! Dear Donald, he is so serious! (Don't tell him I said that!)

We are having son and his wife and two and a half grandson for lunch tomorrow. There will be no point in me cleaning the house. Little one gets everywhere! Will clean up after, if I have the energy. Enjoy your family.

Happy Easter, was there a walk of witness through Lisburn today? I love to see events with all Christian churches taking part. Weather was very cold and damp but there was a good turnout.

dannyk
Donald converted to lidl.all meats are 1st class gave up my local butcher after 10yrs same class of meat but cheaper also other groceries top class. goodbye Tesco and m&s.

Danny
I have much trust in Lidl, they have their own Laboratories and before and during doing business with suppliers their wares are tested. Also nothing is sold after "sell by" date. A day or two before the expiry date the article is reduced by 30%, I have no hesitation in buying such articles as if they are stored in Lidl or by me at home in the fridge makes no difference.
Liz.
I do understand humour and respect women´s equality, having lived in a household with 3 women to one male ( myself). They taught me that I must do so.

Happy Easter all
donald

Liz, hope you had a good Easter. Every year on Good Friday there is a "Walk of Witness" in Lisburn. It commences at the chapel and all denominations and clergy take part. This year, with my daughter arriving, we didn't get to the Good Friday ceremonies, unfortunately. However, it was a nice day for the walk with the cross. Reminds us what Easter is really about.

DannyK. Is it a case of "Goodbye Sam" "Hello Samantha"?