Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
spam

am being blocked
donald

Re: spam

Was reading just now Lidl´s Easter offer in norniron . Hotcross buns brought back memories. Was shopping today here in Lidl and was attracted by an offer, a duck,fresh, plucked and gutted for €8,08. Did not buy as a duck for us two as it would have been too much. It brought back memories of Hilden and my childhood when a chicken at Xmas ( sorry Ann Christmas) was a luxury. In the Belfast Tele was a report that Lidl are planning to open another 50 stores in UK and Ireland as the demand has increased for such discounters. Times have changed,some time ago when active I attended a discussion about discounters and a very prominent politician in his contribution spoke about his childhood when his mother bought products from Aldi , coffee was one and being ashamed she had shopped there filled the coffee into an empty bag from a prominent more expensive company. Today she is proud to let everyone know she got a bargain. His closing words still are remembered by me " Price never guaranties quality"!
Who remembers the first discounter opening in Lisburn? Beside the Top Hat, Crazy Prices facing the Dublin Rd.
donald

Donald
Before this forum disappears, as seems likely, I thank you for all the times you wrote stuff relating to my background.

Dabbler
Donald

Before this forum disappears, as seems likely, I thank you for all the times you wrote stuff relating to my background.

Dabbler
I have enjoyed every syllable I added here as it brought back memories of my childhood, youth and family
donald

hi Donald I replied but got spamed

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days. I have been getting the house tidied and preparing food for my youngest daughter and her husband. They arrived today for the Easter weekend. Donald, I well remember when a chicken was a luxury. I also remember that my mother never bought chocolate biscuits. With a family of 4 boys and myself (Pat was married) they wouldn't have last 5 minutes. Fig rolls and Rich tea were the order of the day. Happy Easter to all.