Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Lurker down the Line

Yesterday being a beautiful day, we took Tess down the line for a walk. On the towpath we met the lovely Thelma and her husband. Thelma is a dedicated lurker who follows everything on the Forum but will not engage in any topics. When I asked her yesterday about any news from her end of the town, she told me that she could tell yarns about the sandhills but doesn't want to get involved. Come on, Thelma, tell us about the sandhills. Anyhow, after reading my input about the loneys, she and her husband were on their way there to have a dander. I hope they got there and back safely. The Hilden and Low Road people will laugh when I tell them that Thelma looked shocked when I mentioned the Pishin' Mare was dried up.

Re: A Lurker down the Line

Ann,

The old grey mare is not what she used to be.....

Pat

Pat, mstaphorically speaking you're dead right.!!!!!! And you the holy one.

Ann,

Do you mean metaphorically?????

Pat

Pat, do you mean "metaphorically" speaking you are the holy one? Two meanings could be construed here, but I imagine it's the typing error. I go for an eye test this afternoon, so maybe I'll see better soon.