Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lisburn Square for sale

If anyone has 2 million quid to spare they can buy Lisburn Square which cost 23 million quid to build. Eamon lowercase now,s your chance to own the Tuesday Bell. Maybe Hilden mill will also be on the market soon and you could make an offer for it also.
donald

http://www.lisburntoday.co.uk/news/business/yours-for-just-over-2m-1-6642394

Re: Lisburn Square for sale

if I had 2 million quid to throw away I wouldn't buy anything In lisburn. imagine being subject and dependant on lisburn council. you have to be having a laugh?

Lisburn Square, when it first opened, was alive and bustling with people. There were thriving shops and at one time there was even a jazz band and dancing on Saturday afternoons, which we enjoyed and took part in. The square would have been packed with people. Nothing to beat a Moonlight Saunter in the open. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, probably high rates, shops began to close in the Square. There are now only 4 remaining plus a Bistro and of course Wetherspoons, which does a lively trade. I hope whoever eventually buys the property restores business to this part of town.

Ann
if Eamon bought the Square it could return to its original status, chape booze, dancing in the streets and maybe he could re introduce the Sunday evenings from over 50 years ago where the girls marched around in pairs and the boys stood in the hallways and drooled, wolf whistled and let their imagination run free. ( "You can´t go to jail for what you´re thinking"!)
donald

Donald, those were the days all right.

During an economic boom, retailers take leases at reasonable rents. Landlords, through ignorance or greed, continue to increase rents, even when the boom has clearly ended. Small businesses and entrepreneurs are the first to be hit, and shut down. Big companies are a bit slower to see the light, and may take over the premises of those forced to vacate, but eventually even their deep pockets reach a limit. Result - derelict precincts. And while I'm here, spouting my wisdom, the 'evil' banks lend and support till they too are forced to wake up and smell the coffee.

Dabbler, you're in fine form. 'Dabbler strikes again'. By the way, I agree with you.

Ann
Thanks for helping me live a dream on here in my old age.

Dabbler,

Remember Harry lauder singing "Keep right on to the end of the Road"

What else can we do.????? Pat