Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
m
Mauri
Old Friends
"Well Well", Wonders never cease, out of the blue I had a telephone call from an old female friend in Lisburn somebody I hadn't heard from in years, like most of us she is now well up in years and was phoning to tell me that her husband who was also an old friend of...
Views: 320   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 29, 2015 6:52pm
by Dabbler
by aaron peterson
Aaron Peterson Yesterday at 3:19am This poem by myself is dedicated to all POW's both in Ireland and internationally (Past and present) A brief warning in so far that it is extremely graphic: Electrocuted, eye burning beams burst through the black fabric of a h...
Views: 191   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 29, 2015 4:13pm
by Mauri
a
Ann
My Tablet
The Tablet my sons bought me for Christmas is the best thing ever. I never thought I would prefer this piece of technology to a book but I honestly do. It's brilliant and I am reading far more than ever. A wee man/woman pops up to help if I press "Help" - think...
Views: 258   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 28, 2015 7:46pm
by Tommy
e
eamon
Re-union
WHY DONT YOU ALL ORGANISE A RE-UNION IN LISBURN THIS SUMMER. ?
Views: 468   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 28, 2015 12:39pm
by Ann
GP
I met my GP today for the first time. What a treat! He's from Belfast!
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2015 7:47pm
by Dabbler
DON' T QUIT
Don't Quit. When things go wrong, as they sometimes will. When the road you're trudging seems all uphill. When the funds are low & the debts are high, And you want to smile but you have to sigh. When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don'...
Views: 209   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 27, 2015 7:23pm
by barneykx
e
Eamon
hijacked Re-reunion
Now you see one of the things that Is wrong with this forum. People who annoyingly hijack and completely obscure a subject. surely it is good manners to start a completely new and unrelated comment under new subject thus ensuring that original message continues in f...
Views: 195   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 27, 2015 2:19pm
by donald
ELISABETH FRYE
Do not stand at my grave and weep by Mary Elizabeth Frye Do not stand at my grave and weep: I am not there; I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on snow, I am the sun on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn rain. When yo...
Views: 198   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 27, 2015 10:19am
by Ann
DABBLER
These pages could be of interest to you http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055790800&page=42
Views: 214   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 25, 2015 4:48pm
by barneykx
mick moran
yes dabbler i remember mick he worked in gasworks i quoted you 3 times and was spammed each time
Views: 239   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 25, 2015 6:25am
by Ted
Local Footballers
Did any Lisbur men play in England?
Views: 429   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 24, 2015 10:45pm
by exLisburnman
SLOUGH
'Slough' by John Betjeman Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough! It isn't fit for humans now, There isn't grass to graze a cow. Swarm over, Death! Come, bombs and blow to smithereens Those air -conditioned, bright canteens, Tinned fruit, tinned meat, t...
Views: 126   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2015 9:27pm
by barneykx
d
donald
Robbie " Scout " Kingsberry
Does anyone remember or know how Robbie Kingsberry was nicknamed Scout? As a boy when there were dances in the Hilden Dining Room and we climbed up onto the "windistools " and looked in I seem to remember him as an excellent Tap dancer. By the way I remember reading...
Views: 185   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 24, 2015 7:32pm
by greg st boy
the emigrants daughter
Emigrants Daughter Oh please ne'er forget me though waves now lie o'er me I was once young and pretty and my spirit ran free But destiny tore me from country and loved ones And from the new land I was never to see. A poor emigrant's daughter...
Views: 200   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 24, 2015 3:21pm
by Ann
d
donald
Fred Steadman
We talked about Fred before but how he became a "talent scout " was never mentioned. I remember him appearing at local football matches and if he "pulled his notice book " we would nudge each other and guess who he was observing. donald
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2015 10:29pm
by donald
boxing
http://cricfree.tv/box-nation-live-stream mayweather fight now on live
Views: 135   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 23, 2015 8:30pm
by barneykx
spam
spammed again
Views: 193   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 23, 2015 8:29pm
by barneykx
rushlight magazine belfast and its characters
http://www.rushlightmagazine.com/
Views: 344   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 23, 2015 11:46am
by Dabbler
a
Ann
Visitors
Let's see if this goes through. I am awaiting Pat and her daughter, Sheena, for a short visit. Have cleaned the house thoroughly and prepared a nice Sunday lunch for them. Looking forward to seeing them both and exchanging Christmas presents. Will keep thi...
Views: 347   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 21, 2015 10:07pm
by Pat
a
Ann
Rage, Rage against the dying of the Forum.
I am absolutely livid AGAIN. I put on a very small piece, a few lines only, about my week's break in Pat's house. I even stated that I was keeping it short in case I was spammed. What happened - SPAM. Jim Collins' website has gone to the dogs, that's al...
Views: 301   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 21, 2015 9:52pm
by Ann & Pat
a
Ann
FORUMS
Someone told me recently that there is a Belfast Forum, which is run very well. I haven't checked it, but I will.
Views: 177   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 21, 2015 8:50pm
by Dabbler
m
Mauri
Raggety Bab (Lisburn Free School)
Somebody mentioned the Raggety Bab as a possible subject for discussion. Its proper name was the Lisburn Free School, something to do with what it was when first built providing free books and a meal for its pupils, at least thats what I understood. As a little kid I...
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2015 7:19pm
by Mauri
Natural born citizen
T Seán Ó Duibhir I received this note from a friend an thought it worth sharing. I don't know whether to laugh or cry... You, who worry about Democrats versus Republicans --relax, here is our real problem. In a Purdue University classroom, they were discu...
Views: 192   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 19, 2015 10:42pm
by Robert S. Owens
the belfast punter
BELFAST PUNTER i am a belfast punter ray collins is my name i’ve travelled throughtout this world in search of fame and gain been down and out in london in paris and in rome but come the day i’ve always found a way to get myself back home i terrorized...
Views: 167   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2015 9:13pm
by barneykx
code/for kids create their own game and how to programme
learn to code great for learning kids who can learn to create games and programmes http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/…/public/article1454905.ece… Starting today: learn to code in one day with The Sunday Times | The Sunday Times Computers are embedded in ou...
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2015 10:52am
by barney kx
m
Mauri
Spam
I had just typed a long reply to the subject "Dying Form" when all of a sudden it dissapeared so that I guess is "Spam" that you all have been talking about. "What a shame". Mauri
Views: 154   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2015 7:54pm
by Mauri
boxing live tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-yVrzt0v_Y#t=20 cricfree.tv if you happen to be awake around 3 30am
Views: 145   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 17, 2015 1:37pm
by Dabbler
the greatest
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/muhammad-ali-the-greatest-outside-ring-as-well-as-in-1.2065996
Views: 186   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2015 11:03am
by Dabbler
WHAT!!!!!!!!
Hi all, Count me in the the Spam list just now. Must run having a night out with Ann. But we WILL be back. Pat
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2015 5:54pm
by Ann & Pat
a
Ann
Spammed again
After giving you all an update of my comings and goings, I was once again spammed. No wonder the Forum is dying. Suffice to tell you I am at The Cottage for a few days.
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2015 5:10pm
by Ann
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Free Forum powered by Bravenet