Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re-union

WHY DONT YOU ALL ORGANISE A RE-UNION IN LISBURN THIS SUMMER. ?

Re: Re-union

eamon,
sounds great there's a mccabe clan rally in ballyconnell co cavan this year, so i hope to be in ireland month of august [all being well]

I'm under the thumb, and herself wouldn't go near the place.
I'm still enjoying all the comments.

Eamon, I'm in Lisburn 24/7 so it would be easy for me to attend a reunion. However, who else would come, apart from yourself?

Ann, ye of little faith. They said the same about Hilden school re-unions and they came from all over. Just a suggestion. Or you could try meeting up once a month in somewhere like Tuesday Bell. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Count me in. As Ann knows I'm game for anything !!!!! Pam

Pamela,
If I remember in my dotage, you lived a few houses up from Dennis Connor in Mill Street.
Do you have any idea what became of Dennis?
If not,apologies to Eamon for hi-jacking his thread.

dennis is my cousin last time I wet up with him I think it was in short bros which as 1980 before I left to live in Vancouver,david his brother I think died a long time ago maybe 50 years correct me if im wrong

gregg st boy
dennis is my cousin last time I wet up with him I think it was in short bros which as 1980 before I left to live in Vancouver,david his brother I think died a long time ago maybe 50 years correct me if im wrong

I could be mistaken but I think Dennis worked in the 60s in the Tilley Lamp drawing office. I also remember his brother David who worked in Hilden mill in a clerical position.
donald

Hi Lowroader,Yes I lived on up the street from the Conners. My Aunt Mary lived two doors from them. Long time ago. Dennis married a girl from Cork her name was Noreen. After living on the Belsize Rd. for years they moved to Cork. I think they took Davey with them as he was ill and had no other family. Never heard from them again. Hope this is a wee bit info for you. Pamela

Pamela,
Thank you very much for that information.
Hopefully it will not get you in trouble with the Forum Hi- jacking police!!!!
LR

Pamela don't worry you,ll be all right as long as you use your upper and lower case button correctly.

I wish you all luck with the proposed reunion, the last one in Lisburn in 2008 I think it was only four people showed up and one of those was Jim Collins and of course myself visiting from Canada

The couple of reunions held in Brampton Canada were more successful with quite a number of people attending including Pat and her daughter visiting from Ireland.

Don't get me wrong I think it would be great to have a reunion in Lisburn provided it was organized properly with an indoor meeting place "eg perhaps a good restaurant" and sufficient notice given to those who might have to make travel arrangements especially from Overseas. Which reminds me I had better get my Passport renewed as it expired last year????. Mauri

The last reunion, which was organised for an exile on holiday from Canada, ended up with Jim Collins and myself sitting in Bow Street having a coffee on a very cold day. The exile herself didn't even turn up. Jim and I sat for about an hour and then we each went home. God Bless him.

Ann do you not think it strange that rejection occurs on specific computers and never on others? Anyway im going back to flagellation and disappearing behind the scenes banished forever to the cold wastelands of the observer. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Eamon, please don't go away and become a lurker. We have enough of those. Join in the banter; we like a good argument every now and then, so don't become disheartened if we don't always agree. We're not called The Fightin' Irish for nothing.

See your next comments soon I hope. You are awful but I like you.!!!!!!!