Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rushlight magazine belfast and its characters

http://www.rushlightmagazine.com/

Re: rushlight magazine belfast and its characters

Hi Barney

I have looked at rushlight in the past, and thoroughly enjoyed the site . And as I am keen on the photos , it was all the more enjoyable .I have notified Ted ,about the site ,and most people I have met who are interested in old Belfast .
All the best !
Tommy

I thought this site was about Lisburn and its environs.
Perhaps if posts were about Lisburn more people would join in. I used to enjoy the discussions about different parts of Lisburn. I have no interest in Belfast , boxing or anything else not about Lisburn. I did, however, enjoy the travelogues of the Lisburn exiles all around the world.

A Low Road Exile
I thought this site was about Lisburn and its environs.

Perhaps if posts were about Lisburn more people would join in. I used to enjoy the discussions about different parts of Lisburn. I have no interest in Belfast , boxing or anything else not about Lisburn. I did, however, enjoy the travelogues of the Lisburn exiles all around the world.

Whilst I would very much prefer Lisburn comments, I can see that these are dying out, and accept whatever is offered. Jim Collins, even after his move to Banbridge, seemed to encourage us to keep things going.I doubt anyone else hasthe same degree of interest or dedication.
I am astonished at the breadth of knowledge shown by some posters. My own posts are usually about real experiences and observations of people I remember, hoping to catch the eye of someone else who recalls a similar incident, but I understand that the drunken exploits of such as Tommy Lewis have limited appeal, and few would care that my uncle carried Davy Jones on his shoulders long before he had a car.

Hi Thomas I use to purchase the magazine I think it came out monthly for my wife who enjoyed it as she is from Belfast and I found some great articles in it, So I clicked on as you suggested and shared with her very much to her enjoyment Thanks Ted

Hi Lowroader

I am sorry if I ruffled your feathers , about entering my input about Rushlite. But it was meant for Ted ,and his wife who is a Belfast lady . And also my intention ,was to have Ted also to enjoy the photography , as he is a keen photographer himself . Regarding the Exiles , I am disappointed ,that most of my input ,regarding some of the photos of around Lisburn have disappeared from the forum section .And all I get is WOOPS!
But as an old Lisburner , I still get a buzz ,when I click on .
I like all really miss ,the big man (JIM) as he would have sorted out my problems , regarding photos to add to the Forum .
Once again LOWROADER apologies , if you are offended , and I like all hope that the Exiles Forum still soldiers on in the New year .
And maybe with the better weather, and a bit if sunshine , we will have more topics to talk about ,and add to this most enjoyable website , that the Boss JIM , had set up , and a lot of hard work ,from himself ,and his family is not lost into history .
Regards !
Thomas

Tommy,
There are no ruffled feathers here, so no apology is required.
The point I was making was that if people want to read about Belfast or most other subjects there are forums to cater for them.
You just have to look at the number of posts that have no replies on them to see this. The lady? poster Anne often posts a load of rubbish but invariably it is interesting rubbish and generates discussion and that is what a forum is about.
BTW, who is Lowroader?

Low Road Exile, I'll ruffle yer feathers for ya. The Forum is now definitely looking up now that you have returned, insults and all. We need you and your wealth of knowledge to keep us from becoming stale.

I'll be in touch. Hope you are keeping well. Spring is just around the corner and lifts our hearts, mine anyhow. I think I suffer from SAD - seasonal affective disorder - as I become quite maudlin' in the winter. As Bruce Forsythe would say, only he refers to dancing, "Keep posting". Welcome back oul pensioner!!!!

Now now children, play nicely

eamon

took something to waken it up

barneykx
eamon

took something to waken it up

anyone remember billys weekly liar lol

Barney
Naturally, I remember that daft wee paper. Michael Moran, a southern import to out town, used to quote from it, and laugh uproariously.