Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage, Rage against the dying of the Forum.

I am absolutely livid AGAIN. I put on a very small piece, a few lines only, about my week's break in Pat's house. I even stated that I was keeping it short in case I was spammed. What happened - SPAM. Jim Collins' website has gone to the dogs, that's all I can say.

Re: Rage, Rage against the dying of the Forum.

Ann, Glad you are back, hope you and Pat had a good time and enjoyed each others company. I don't know why you are being Spamed all the time, get in touch with Jim's son maybe he can help. Cheers Pamela

Looks like the formula didn't work on Facebook - nothing in 2014.

Sounds to me like some of you have viruses on your computer. Is your anti-virus currently up to date. Do a thorough scan and then try to access forum again. Or take a diazepam and a double brandy and carry on anyway. Eamon

Maybe an Augustiner or an Andecser would releive the pain.
big brother

Thanks for all your help re Spam. However, "maybe this" and "maybe that" isn't good enough. If we're to have a Forum like the one we have been used to, someone needs to get the finger out.

Eamon, I have just now had my computer scanned for viruses and there are absolutely no viruses on it, thank goodness. As I said before, I think the site has been downgraded and this is probably the reason for SPAM. However, no-one comes on to let us know. We are but "voices crying in the wilderness". (John the Baptist).

Pamela, I had a very enjoyable few days with Pat and Joe. We stopped off in Dublin on the way down and spent a couple of days there. Will say no more because I might be SPAMMED again.

Hi all,

Never say die, we will survive, after Christmas things slow down.

Personally I have no time at present for posting, what with Finn,( now 8months & a live wire, who takes up most of my spare time) & all the clearing up after Christmas, visiting family, going to special celebrations.

Somehow this year has been hectic, going hither & dither & getting nowhere fast. Not to mention the slowing up with the age factor.!!!!!!!

Cheer up, we will soon be up & running again when Spring arrives & the sun shines. At least that is what I am hoping.....Pat