Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad passing

Hi I'm writing to let anyone who knew him know that Ian (Sandy) Spittal passed away on 10th January 2018 after a short illness. Ian's funeral is on 31st January.
Ian was in 42 regiment for a few years he was in Cyprus 1960-1962. Ian left the army in 1982.

Alison (Ian's Daughter)

Re: Sad passing

Dear Alison
sorry to hear the bad news I remember him well, condolences to all the family

So sad to hear this news. I remember "Sandy" very well and had the pleasure of serving with him and his brother Phil who we lost many years ago. Sincere condolences to you, his family and friends. RIP Ian, reunited at last.

Alison so sorry to hear the sad news. please pass on my condolences to all the family.
RIP Gunner.

Alison could you please post the service information for those that may be able to attend.

'Sandy's' service will be held at Kirkcaldy Crematorium on Wednesday 31st January at 11am.
Afterwards all are welcome to come along to the Gilvenbank Hotel Glenrothes

Alison.

So sorry to hear of the passing of Sandy remember him from Pembroke Dock and Lippstadt.
He was a good man, RIP old friend.
clive

Great guy, good soldier, good friend, RIP.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks for these pictures they are great. Sadly Jake (Dad's brother in law) passed away about a year ago after a short illness.

Alison, I remember hearing on the grapevine that Jake had passed away. I only knew him vaguely as he was 68 Bty (I think?) but your Dad came to 49 Bty and I had the pleasure of serving with him there. I am so sorry for your loss.

A few more photos:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks so much for these. I will add some to his memory board for his funeral.

I've not heard any news about Sandy's funeral. Did anyone from the Regt attend?

I guess by the response - or lack of it - that the answer was NO! I have to say I am disappointed. There must have been someone in Scotland who could have made a bit of an effort? I was toying with the idea of going myself but thought someone from the Regt would have represented us. I should have just done it. . .

David I can understand that you were disappointed but making an effort didnt come into for the few that live in Scotland. Obviously there were reasons we couldnt make it and I am not going to explain why I couldnt on here.
I did email Alison with my apoligies.

'Sandy' had a good send off and the friends and family who could attend did.Please do not feel bad for being unable to attend 'Sandy's' send off....im sure he was in everyone's thoughts which is the main thing. He would have loved the comments on the forum and also the pictures which have been posted as have i.

Alison you are clearly a lovely lady and Sandy would/is very proud of you-God bless you always

Alison richards
'Sandy' had a good send off and the friends and family who could attend did.Please do not feel bad for being unable to attend 'Sandy's' send off....im sure he was in everyone's thoughts which is the main thing. He would have loved the comments on the forum and also the pictures which have been posted as have i.
Alison, thank you for your most magnanimous reply.