Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
b
Bill
Sharing a letter to a friend
This is a letter to a friend I've known since 1972(!), who had already signed up for a prostatectomy, but in the eleventh hour was having second thoughts, since he had secured something like five opinions. Some had recommended short term INTENSIVE radiation (whatever...
Views: 33   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2024 2:18pm
by Don Oberlin
b
Bill
Update: Deja Vu and the cancer that got away
This is an update to my earlier post. I had 37 visits to radiation oncology and a month after finishing treatment the PSA had gone from .36 to .04, so they said I was clinically zero, so a success as of this writing. I tolerated the radiation well...they said. Dur...
Views: 90   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 18, 2024 8:00am
by Jon R.
f
FCB
Length of Remission
Dear Colleagues, I have not been treated for PCa since June 2016. Last treatment for two years was on ADT using zoladex and radiotherapy. However, I have been taking herbal supplements like lemon, pumpkin seeds and a few others. How long can I stay in remission bef...
Views: 52   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 29, 2024 7:17pm
by Mike Raymond
j
Jon R.
podcast invite
Recently got an e-mail inviting me to be a guest on a podcast from a woman advocate on PC treatment. Anyone else experience this? Pretty vague info given, and I was very short in my reply in case it was some sort of scam. E-mail came from some media corporation in Ne...
Views: 53   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 6, 2024 10:30am
by Jon R.
HIFU/TULSA
I was diagnosed with PC in Jan with a gleason of 6. Doctor wants to watch and wait. I asked about HIFU OR TUSLA procedures But he wasn't too keen on them. Said he would refer me to one if I choose to. Question Has anyone had either the HIFU OR TULSA Procedures...
Views: 160   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 7, 2024 9:11am
by 2BukChuk
Who has had exceptional recovery after removal?
I'm interested in the percentage of 'exceptional recoveries' after robotic removal of prostate. I rate mine as an exceptional recovery and wonder if I'm being accurate - or optimistic? My story is here: https://www.yananow.org/display_story.php?id=1380
Views: 167   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 11, 2024 6:15pm
by Mike Raymond
b
Bill
Deja Vu and the cancer that got away
I'm near six years out from a prostatectomy in March 2018, and my PSA is rising. I never stopped getting PSA tests unlike others I know (bad idea I think). Post surgery I was at .04, most recent is .36...up from .33 same month. I'm very disappointed that I'm one of t...
Views: 227   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 16, 2023 2:51pm
by Jon R.
s
S
Orgovyx
Does anyone have any opinions (experience) on Orgovyx instead of injections? Thank you.
Views: 192   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 14, 2023 9:39am
by Jeff Lynn
j
Judy
PSMA false positive
Hi guys, anyone else get a PSMA positive for prostrate organ but negative on biopsy? (Husband had low but rising PSA so doc order the new PSMA PET scan.) Thanks.
Views: 98   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 1, 2023 11:17am
by Michael Raymond
j
JH
Incontinence Recovery
I am recovering from a laparoscopic prostatectomy done on Mar. 14 (about 2 weeks ago). The catheter was removed Mar. 25. I have absolutely no flow control. It's as though the catheter was still in place, since urine dribbles continuously if I am standing or walkin...
Views: 1247   Replies: 25
Last Post: Nov 27, 2023 11:49pm
by Ben jonson
HDR PSA readings going up..
Hi Everyone, It has been a long time since I posted in 2018. My husband did get the HDR back then and he was very pleased with the process and outcome. Of course, I lost 10 years worry about him.. Things were looking good as over time his PSA went down down down...
Views: 188   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 5, 2023 8:29am
by Sid
Post catheter removal
I had HIFU surgery on the 14th of April in London and flew home to Scotland three days later. My catheter was removed at my local GP's one week after surgery. It is now four (nearly five) days later and my waterworks are far from normal. I'll try to give as brief a s...
Views: 124   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 28, 2023 3:44pm
by Mike Raymond
Thoughts on Possible Next Lupron Shot
I am interested in any input any survivor might have, and I completely understand the varying views on the subject of when to restart Lupron during intermittent treatment. History is; treated with surgery and radiation in 2005, reached a .2 nadir in about 18-24 month...
Views: 109   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2023 2:53pm
by Allen Z
f
FBC
Rising PSA
Dear colleagues, I became ill in 2013 and my PSA was 65. I was started on zoladex in June 2014 for for two years and my PSA dropped to below 1. But mid of 2019,it rose to 0.6, then 1.97 in June 2020 this year up to 2.31 this September 2020. Doctors want me to do a...
Views: 491   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 3, 2023 6:29am
by FCB
Research Project-University of Edinburgh
We are sociologists based at the University of Edinburgh, working on a project exploring how understandings of cancer are being transformed by new technologies and advances in scientific knowledge. We think that online forums provide unique insight into these experie...
Views: 358   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 31, 2023 3:08am
by mirza ahmed
bone cancer
in 2010 discovered prostate cancer gleason score 9. Had brachytherapy and pronounced in remission, psa was always barely readable. Bone cancer has just been found by accident in the pelvis, Dr has put me on Zoladex and will be forever, psa score is still ridiculously...
Views: 173   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 3, 2023 7:56pm
by warwick ford
ADT and Stomachaches
I have been on ADT (Eligard) for about 18 months Since I started, I have been having daily bouts of stomachaches with some minor nausea. My oncologists tell me ADT can't cause stomachaches. I have been to two GI clinics, and they cannot find the cause of these stomac...
Views: 102   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 23, 2023 2:24pm
by Joseph Holtslag
j
JAM625
Gleason 8 Ductal Crib form De Novo Pelvic Lymph Node 3 Lytic Lesions Radiology Prostatectomy, Can I
Going through the stories here on this site, just about every Gleason 8 that had RP is alive, so is a few I talk to that had RP after metastatic spread… Please give your advice, experience and research… My Story Bio Caucasian Male DOB: 1961 Has Sever...
Views: 172   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 26, 2023 11:14pm
by Jeff G
If I Have Interacted With You In This Forum This Message May be of Interest to You
As previously indicated on YANA I am authoring a book based on my personal experience with PCa. The first "half" of the book will be a verbatim rendering of my on line journal. The second "half" will be my interactions with select YANA participants. My plan is to use...
Views: 176   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 22, 2023 1:30pm
by Don Oberlin
Paging Don Oberlin?
Good grief Don, I come on here to see how you are going and end up answering six questions. What is going on mate? john bonneville
Views: 125   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 20, 2023 2:59pm
by Don Oberlin
An Early Journal Entry For Your Review and Comment
Treatment Center Selection I first heard of proton therapy by way of Bob Marckini's book, "You Can Beat Prostate Cancer." His book more than anything else convinced me proton therapy represented my best treatment option. Subsequent research has not dissuaded me fr...
Views: 111   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 20, 2023 8:50am
by Don Oberlin
j
Jon R.
note for newcomers
This may serve as a heads up for anyone new entering here and looking for answers. This is a good place to look into for a LOT of info on prostate cancer and its treatments. There are hundreds of stories to study and apply to your own circumstances and many candid op...
Views: 155   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2023 1:19am
by john bonneville
Active Surveillance
Hi, I'm new to this. I live in the United States (Wisconsin). A friend shared this website with me. If anyone has an honest opinion about my Prostate Cancer, I definitely want to hear it and appreciate it. There is so much information out there on the internet, and I...
Views: 161   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 19, 2023 12:12am
by john bonneville
s
Scott
Post catheter removal - urinating
I had a radical prostatectomy Jan 24th and they removed catheter on 4 days ago. A lot of times I have strong sensation to pee but at the urinal it barely comes out. Other times I have a good flow. It burns when I pee. I’m assuming this is normal but I’m a...
Views: 144   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 18, 2023 11:27pm
by john bonneville
Wouldn't it Be Nice: A Whimsical Diversion
An extremely frustrating aspect of a PCa diagnosis has been the lack of consensus among the recognized experts. Most all practitioners including urologists, radiologists (a diverse group unto themselves), medical oncologists and a variety of surgeons appear to regard...
Views: 132   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 11, 2022 9:03am
by Donald Oberlin
My first post..
Hi everyone, I just found your website. Wish I had found it earlier.. I am in the USA in Maryland/Pennsylvania area. I will be moving to Arizona in the next couple of months. Question.. I need to find a good doctor in the area that .. gulp .. knows what they...
Views: 144   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 18, 2022 6:26pm
by groundhogy
Invitation to the PrE-Health Study
Do you have prostate cancer? You may be eligible for a study which aims to learn more about patient information sources, internet-use and digital health literacy. We are looking for participants, even if you do not use the internet or technology in your day to day li...
Views: 95   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2022 6:48pm
by Dr Stuart Jackso...
An early entry to my journal for your review and comment: While awaiting treatment for prostate cancer, time is your enemy; a quality of life, if not, life threatening enemy to be sure. The following factors come into play: ---Relationship of PSA to treatment out...
Views: 9509   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 8, 2022 8:26am
by Donald Oberlin
Testosterone
I had a Lupron shot back in April and one scheduled for July which was cancelled; PSA was
Views: 189   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 5, 2022 1:18pm
by allen z
FYI
I'm in the process of writing a book. Half or more will consist of my interactions with my fellow PCa Warriors on YANA. Hopefully it will be published within the next six months or so. Most everyone on this site uses their initials or a pseudonym in their YANA excha...
Views: 139   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 17, 2022 7:20pm
by john bonneville
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS