Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
podcast invite

Recently got an e-mail inviting me to be a guest on a podcast from a woman advocate on PC treatment. Anyone else experience this? Pretty vague info given, and I was very short in my reply in case it was some sort of scam. E-mail came from some media corporation in New York that supposedly sets up podcasts for this author. From what I gathered, her book is about natural healing, and I am guessing this is about selling her book more than anything. I am also guessing they got my e-mail from reading on this site as it is out there in order to help fellow victims. Any thoughts on this? Jon R.

Re: podcast invite

Hi Jon,

It's good to hear from you. I also received an invitation to participate in a podcast, and I replied asking for more details, but I haven't heard anything further from them.

Stay safe and healthy.

Mark

Re: podcast invite

Same here Mark. Looks like they aren't very interested in disclosing their purpose.
Along those same lines, I have been noticing an increase in news articles about PC. Most seem to lean toward saying things like "treatment can cause as much damage as the disease" etc. This is concerning to me as it seems to be telling folks that watching and waiting is the preferred way to go. I am not saying that is not an option but am afraid these articles are minimizing the risk involved with this cancer. I did that on my own for a year and it only served to allow my cancer to get more serious before I treated it. I try to inform all concerned to visit this site as I feel it is a valuable resource for those entering this cancer arena. Jon.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS